The Two-Year Plan To Kick Some Ass

Then there is the problem with Maria Illinois:

(In my best Shake-n-Bake voice) Liberals win and I helped! Well, not me personally.

"First, let us be clear: Pat Quinn won. Second, progressive, conservative, and tea party voters helped him do it."

"The race is over in Governor's favor because liberals "came home" and a small chunk of conservative and tea party voters sided with the long-time liberal Quinn. At the last possible moment -- election day -- a chunk of disenchanted progressive abandoned their flirtation with Brady, Illinois Green Party candidate Rich Whitney, and to lesser extent independent Scott Lee Cohen."

:w00t::doh:

Remember when Nancy Pelosi was holding up a piece of plastic grass, telling everyone the tea party was an astroturf effort?

Remember when Obama was making fun of "people waving their tea bags around" who, as he put it, "you'd THINK they'd be THANKING me!"

Here we sit. 60+ congressional seats. 10 governorships. Almost 700 state legislators and 19 state legislatures. All in a two-year period. And just in time for the new census numbers.

But hey, everyone, look at this Illinois governor's race over here. Look what those stupid teabaggers did! I mean, yeah, Obama lost his senate seat to a Republican because the state is corrupt, but pay no attention to that. Look at this! Over here! Ha ha! Stupid teabaggers.

To quote Ghandi: "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Keep on laughing. Keep on mocking. Louder. Please. It worked so well the last time.

He would have never gotten elected if it didn't start just before the election.

"It's the economy stupid"

I disagree. He got elected because McCain was 1000 years old and he picked and unqualified idiot cheerleader for a running mate. Had he been smart and teamed up with someone even remotely qualified and "presidential" looking he might well have won.

The economy is not what got Obama elected although it is ironic that the right wants to give Obama all the credit for the economic mess. How quickly Ron Paulson is forgotten.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I disagree. He got elected because McCain was 1000 years old and he picked and unqualified idiot cheerleader for a running mate. Had he been smart and teamed up with someone even remotely qualified and "presidential" looking he might well have won.

The economy is not what got Obama elected although it is ironic that the right wants to give Obama all the credit for the economic mess. How quickly Ron Paulson is forgotten.

No doubt that Palin was a negative for middle of the road voters, but it was the economy that played the deciding factor. When Lehman went down, McCain was running even in the polls, then the stock market plunged, and when the stock market plunged so did his campaign.

I disagree. He got elected because McCain was 1000 years old...

I said during the election that one of the biggest things hurting McCain was that, compared to a young, energetic, smooth-talking Obama, McCain looked like Tim Conway's old man character from The Carol Burnett Show.

Not to mention, everyone -- including the media -- wanted to make history. Electing a colored person as president was the way to be part of something historic.

The best outcome of this election is it's the end for Pelosi. She reminds me of a former co-worker: if you wanted to make sure something got f&^%ed up, you put him in charge.

It seriously is. It's the first time in my life I've voted Republican for a congressional race...and only because Pelosi was speaker, and I wanted her gone.

Not that I know Boehner's going to be any better. But though it's possible to be worse...it's not easy, that's for sure.

I said during the election that one of the biggest things hurting McCain was that, compared to a young, energetic, smooth-talking Obama, McCain looked like Tim Conway's old man character from The Carol Burnett Show.

Not to mention, everyone -- including the media -- wanted to make history. Electing a colored person as president was the way to be part of something historic.

:lol: :lol:

Haven't there been 44 colored presidents?

I didn't know that George Washington lacked color.

Your Tea is being steeped.

It seriously is. It's the first time in my life I've voted Republican for a congressional race...and only because Pelosi was speaker, and I wanted her gone.

Not that I know Boehner's going to be any better. But though it's possible to be worse...it's not easy, that's for sure.

Side bar: Do youi pronounce Boehner's name: Boner?

The race broke for Obama when McCain "suspended" his campaign and then proceeded to do and say a lot of damaging things. That's when he lost it. He got hammered for saying the "the fundamentals are good". That made him look old and out of touch.

Either way, if the economy was good - McCain would have won. He wouldn't have made those late September errors and he would have naturally had greater support because of good economic times.

The race broke for Obama when McCain "suspended" his campaign and then proceeded to do and say a lot of damaging things. That's when he lost it. He got hammered for saying the "the fundamentals are good". That made him look old and out of touch.

Either way, if the economy was good - McCain would have won. He wouldn't have made those late September errors and he would have naturally had greater support because of good economic times.

I had forgotten about the "the fundamentals are good" gaffe. That certainly didn't help his chances but I still believe his choice of running mate was his biggest mistake. I think that choice was so polarizing it pushed a lot of moderates and independents to Obama. If McCain could have gotten someone like Romney as his VP he'd be President right now. I would have voted for him if he stayed true to his values and didn't turn into a pandering idiot. I really like McCain the candidate that ran against Bush. I even considered switching parties so I could vote for him in the primary.

Looking back, we could have avoided eight years of the horror that was Bush/Cheney.