Matthews lost it on MSNBC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hosts are not even trying to pretend to be fair and balanced at MSNBC anymore. Matthews calls Bachmann a moron as olbermann yucks it up but Bachmann gets a last minute burn in on Matthews who then handles his defense like a 3 year old.

funny stuff

I wouldn't say he lost it. Hell she kept spouting off the same nonsense. Hello campaign is over, answer a question. Bachman sucks. Hopefully the Reps won't give that loon a leadership role... or maybe that would be a good thing.

Last night's election coverage by MSBNC was, quite possibly, the most embarrassing election coverage I've ever watched. You'd have to be a connerifically-pbilled liberal to watch that garbage.

However, we will interrupt this post to make way for a press conference from Nancy Pelosi who, for the third time this morning, is announcing that the Democrats will absolutely retain control of Congress when the final votes of the 2010 mid-term are counted.

Last night's election coverage by MSBNC was, quite possibly, the most embarrassing election coverage I've ever watched. You'd have to be a connerifically-pbilled liberal to watch that garbage.

However, we will interrupt this post to make way for a press conference from Nancy Pelosi who, for the third time this morning, is announcing that the Democrats will absolutely retain control of Congress when the final votes of the 2010 mid-term are counted.

RPelosi reminds me of this guy:

It truly was, even Politico semi referenced that point, acknowledging that they were by far the most partisan and biased coverage of the night.

It started with Coates winning, and basically Maddow ripped into Evan Bayh (talk about cannibalization) for talking negative about the Dems and their overreach. God forbid he speaks the truth and opposes the progressive thinktank.

Then When Rand Paul won, the panel said that he could single handedly cause the U.S to default on it's debt :lol:

Then when Feingold lost, they said it was all about the outside money that went into the elections.

Then Chris Tingles goes after Bachman on her victory night, which Bachman embarrassed him with her comment.

Boehner makes a very passionate statement that was well-received from everyone except of course MSNBC, Olbermann implied that Boehner wasn't being sincere.

I was watching all the networks last night. CNN did a great job as they always do on election night, FOX had a good panel but they definitely had the best updates of each race. MSNBC had the worst updates and by far the worst panel.

As you stated, truly embarrassing.

Isn't it amazing how ever since Obama announced his run for the whitehouse, MSNBC went on a steady decline from a legitimate source of news to what is now a way too far left, Obama run echo chamber?

Holy cow, was that fun to watch last night. Although I couldn't take more than an hour of that dingbat panel. It's like you can actually feel the brain cells slipping away.

Funny thing is that when the elections were going on people here were talking about how they saw this or that on FOX News. That's another great source for news.

Funny thing is that when the elections were going on people here were talking about how they saw this or that on FOX News. That's another great source for news.

I watched all three of them and CNN and FOX were the best. They both had an equal amount of partisan opinion analysts and they both had good information boards. MSNBC's was completely one way, very opinionated and vitriolic (similar to the conniption they experienced the night of the Scott Brown victory) and they had the worst information update board.

CNN gave the best and most diverse analysis, FOX had the best information update board.

Fox is a great source for headlines, because they try to scoop everybody before they get the full story in. I noticed that years ago, during the invasion of Iraq: they'd invariably announce the breaking news first...

...and half the time, get it wrong, because they were in such a hurry to scoop CNN. It's why they're such a joke. But for "breaking news" headlines, they can't be beat for speed.

I watched all three of them and CNN and FOX were the best. They both had an equal amount of partisan opinion analysts and they both had good information boards. MSNBC's was completely one way, very opinionated and vitriolic (similar to the conniption they experienced the night of the Scott Brown victory) and they had the worst information update board.

CNN gave the best and most diverse analysis, FOX had the best information update board.

I stayed on CNN most of the night. Great broadcast, after while the graphics were a bit much though.

CNN had the best coverage; which basically meant the least time spent with a table full of idiots yammering and more of the dude telling me what the f--- was happening in hundreds of races. Even still, I never once got an update from any network on my Congressional district (which was a very tight race).

I did watch MSNBC for about 5 minutes; it was laughably bad. Just hand your head in shame if you actually watch that network on a regular basis. I also checked out Fox periodically for the most up to date #s but flipped away as soon as someone started talking.

As you stated, truly embarrassing.

Not to mention, from a graphics standpoint, watching the Fox on one side and MSBNC on another was hysterical. At one point I was waiting for Olbermann to show the individual gains in House, Senate and Governor's seats by pulling out an abacus.

I'm sensing a common thread in your thinking: when a majority of people do something you don't agree with, it must be because the majority of the people are stupid. Just look at who was commenting on Fox last night versus MSNBC. Juan Williams and Joe Trippe offered great liberal balance to Karl Rove. While Britt Hume obviously tilts right, he was as steady as ever. In fact, if anything, Rove came off looking pretty stupid...until Geraldine Ferraro showed up. And even THEN you had an interesting exchange between her and Sarah Palin, where ideologies clashed, but mutual respect did not.

I'm sensing a common thread in your thinking: when a majority of people do something you don't agree with, it must be because the majority of the people are stupid. Just look at who was commenting on Fox last night versus MSNBC. Juan Williams and Joe Trippe offered great liberal balance to Karl Rove. While Britt Hume obviously tilts right, he was as steady as ever. In fact, if anything, Rove came off looking pretty stupid...until Geraldine Ferraro showed up. And even THEN you had an interesting exchange between her and Sarah Palin, where ideologies clashed, but mutual respect did not.

Rove's analysis was much closer to reality than the others. How did he come across as stupid? The guy got GWB elected twice. Stupid he is not.

I don't think anyone on this forum watches Chris Mathews.

I watch Chris Matthews, more so than Beck, simply because he has more interviews and has more analysis. Although the closer we got to the elections the more his hyperbolic partisanship went on in display.

Chris Mathews is a liberal man's Sean Hannity. He tows the party line with the occasional disqualifier to maintain credibility with his viewers. More than anything he's a cheerleader. And an ugly one at that.

I wish both of them off the TV. (also I wish Hannity would follow up on his waterboarding for charity event)