Talk about an understatement

Quote from Poz "We knew it was going to be a challenge, but to give up 270 is not going to cut it."

Giving up 270 yards in not going to cut it? Doh - that is the understement of the year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The Bills put out the same pitiful run stoppers (Kyle Williams excluded) and expect to stop someone. They need to realize that the Peter principle is in effect with many of these players -- many of them have risen to the level of incompetence

Quote from Poz "We knew it was going to be a challenge, but to give up 270 is not going to cut it."

Giving up 270 yards in not going to cut it? Doh - that is the understement of the year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The Bills put out the same pitiful run stoppers (Kyle Williams excluded) and expect to stop someone. They need to realize that the Peter principle is in effect with many of these players -- many of them have risen to the level of incompetence

1) Stop paying attention to post game interviews. What's he supposed to say? "We suck and we know it?"

2) They have to play the games whether they can or not.

PTR

1) Stop paying attention to post game interviews. What's he supposed to say? "We suck and we know it?"

2) They have to play the games whether they can or not.

PTR

They do have to play the games, but do they have to play them this badly on defense. I certainly hope we find someone who can scheme a defense a little better than edwards and some player who show some skill. The desire is there, the skill is lacking

Ya. Somehow, I think if Poz can start making those tackles about 12 yards closer to the line of scrimmage it might "cut it".

If I'm Buddy... I ain't even considering making Poz a qualifying offer after the season. We need real linebackers that enjoy punishing the opposition and inflicting pain. And to think, he filled Fletcher's roster spot. Wow... Bills sure whiffed badly on that one.... regressed by about 3 or for rungs on the performance ladder.

They do have to play the games, but do they have to play them this badly on defense. I certainly hope we find someone who can scheme a defense a little better than edwards and some player who show some skill. The desire is there, the skill is lacking

I think the point is that they're playing their best players and they're not good enough. They're not going to be able to add new players until the offseason. Your principle would apply if they came back next season with the same players and expected new results.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Ya. Somehow, I think if Poz can start making those tackles about 12 yards closer to the line of scrimmage it might "cut it".

If I'm Buddy... I ain't even considering making Poz a qualifying offer after the season. We need real linebackers that enjoy punishing the opposition and inflicting pain. And to think, he filled Fletcher's roster spot. Wow... Bills sure whiffed badly on that one.... regressed by about 3 or for rungs on the performance ladder.

You don't get better by cutting your best LB and bringing in someone to replace him. You get better by cutting your worst LB, and bring in the same replacement. Poz is not the problem; he's just not good enough to be the solution by himself. If we'd re-signed Fletcher and drafted Poz as well, we would have wound up with a pretty solid LB corps. Instead, Poz was drafted as Fletcher's replacement, and Keith Ellison kept racking up starts.

And for what it's worth, Fletcher is more durable than Poz, but that's about it. Both are solid but unspectacular NFL starters. Neither has ever made an All-Pro team or been voted a Pro Bowl starter, and I doubt either ever will.

At some point giving up huge rushing yardage week after week,you think we'd put eight in the box and run blitz. Push the safeties up and fill all the gaps. But we continue to play the same base defenses week after week and keep getting trampled.

George Edwards for head coach!

Quickest way to improve team is hire John Fox.

At some point giving up huge rushing yardage week after week,you think we'd put eight in the box and run blitz. Push the safeties up and fill all the gaps. But we continue to play the same base defenses week after week and keep getting trampled.

Yeah, I'm not sure if George Edwards will be on this team come next season.

When Poz says 270, that's actually code for Chris Kelsay and the number of times he's been beat or out of position this season.

i cant count the amount of times i see kelsay doing the wrong thing.

there is no way kelsay would be picked up by any other team if we were to cut him.

instead, we extend his contract.

Edited by daveydanceswithwolves

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This is the definition of insanity:

Definition of INSANITY

1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)

2: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility

3a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

I'm not sure why, but it is a huge pet peeve when someone uses that stupid Einstein quote as the definition of insanity.

I feel better now.

You don't get better by cutting your best LB and bringing in someone to replace him. You get better by cutting your worst LB, and bring in the same replacement. Poz is not the problem; he's just not good enough to be the solution by himself. If we'd re-signed Fletcher and drafted Poz as well, we would have wound up with a pretty solid LB corps. Instead, Poz was drafted as Fletcher's replacement, and Keith Ellison kept racking up starts.

And for what it's worth, Fletcher is more durable than Poz, but that's about it. Both are solid but unspectacular NFL starters. Neither has ever made an All-Pro team or been voted a Pro Bowl starter, and I doubt either ever will.

I am not sure what game you were watching yestorday but I watched Poz get beat a few times by Charles in the passing game and saw many times he could not get off a block to make a tackle so if you say hes our best I say cut them all and get some girls from the LFL to pay D they would at least look good when getting blocked

Don't know about you, but I've seen Whitner bite on enough play action pass for the rest of the season. That would be from him feeling the need to step up and fill gaps.