Say what you want, they showed heart today.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the goal to think positively or win games? You tell me.

I guess when you can accept the fact that we have a vary bad team you can start looking for the positives in losses. The first year under a new staff, new schemes, new philosophies, bad draft picks, yeah it's going to be a long year, so when they make some plays and stay in games into overtime, I start seeing positives in the team.

There was some excitment during this game, and yes they still have alot of work to do but there was players out there palyin well. Of course there are those who only see the bad about our Bills and they never have anything nice to say even with what the team has shown use in the lacst 2 games going oh so close to beating 2 top notch teams. and if they get their first win against a bad team they will still have nothing good to say. GreaT EFFORT BY OUR TEAM.

hear hear.......and this post shows heart..he was so overcome with emotion he was missin keys

You've got a lot of audacity to say this about a team without a playoff appearance in 10+ seasons, in their 3rd rebuild in a decade, is 0-7, and shows no sign of having the talent to win in the next 3 years according to the owner.

Just wow.

Just wondering when the owner said that.... do you have a link or quote? Seriously this isn't about the last 10 years it's about today and what's happening right now. are they turning the page? I don't know but your take is stupid and really the problem with most of the crap that's put out here. I'm glad you are a "Bills vet" but I would say most of us here are as well. My question is how come your stupid effing opinion actually matters and some other guy that looks at it a different way is so wrong? Just shut up an be a fan or decide not to. You are entitled to your opinion but just because someone says something different doesn't mean they are acting with "audacity". That would be like me calling you an idiot because of your opinion. You are entitled to it... just don't jam everybody else because they don't see it your way. Yes, I am a season ticket holder too so don't pull that ridiculous BS card on me when you reply. In fact just shut up and that would be great. it was a tough loss and most Bills fans would rather not deal with your selective crap.

Ya a loss but you cannot say these guys didn't leave it all out on the field.

I like what I saw and see some potential.

:worthy: I agree 100%. But if Chan does not do something with his D.C. and defensive front 7 real soon, they may very well play nine more "leave it on the field" football games showing potential, and finish the damn season 0-16-0. The offense is coming along great. WTF is wrong with this defense? They were bad against the run last season but not this bad. They were number 2 in the entire NFL last year against the pass and now suck against the pass this season.

Anyone else notice the rookie tight end making all those downfield catches the last drive of the game?!? Does George Edwards even practice against schemes with tight ends going out for passes during the week, because all I've seen this year are the biggest slowest tight ends being wide open 20 yards down field as much as the fastest Pro Bowl type ones have been. And really, any D.C. that has Chris Kelsay lining up 12 yards beyond the line of scrimmage deeper then his strong safety across from a running back, should be fired on the spot! :blink::oops::thumbdown::sick::w00t::doh::cry::bag::lol:

I guess when you can accept the fact that we have a vary bad team you can start looking for the positives in losses. The first year under a new staff, new schemes, new philosophies, bad draft picks, yeah it's going to be a long year, so when they make some plays and stay in games into overtime, I start seeing positives in the team.

I guess if you have no expectations and simply declare it a rebuilding season this type of season isn't hard to take. Set the bar low and anything is acceptable.

Just wondering when the owner said that.... do you have a link or quote? Seriously this isn't about the last 10 years it's about today and what's happening right now. are they turning the page? I don't know but your take is stupid and really the problem with most of the crap that's put out here. I'm glad you are a "Bills vet" but I would say most of us here are as well. My question is how come your stupid effing opinion actually matters and some other guy that looks at it a different way is so wrong? Just shut up an be a fan or decide not to. You are entitled to your opinion but just because someone says something different doesn't mean they are acting with "audacity". That would be like me calling you an idiot because of your opinion. You are entitled to it... just don't jam everybody else because they don't see it your way. Yes, I am a season ticket holder too so don't pull that ridiculous BS card on me when you reply. In fact just shut up and that would be great. it was a tough loss and most Bills fans would rather not deal with your selective crap.

"It's going to take another three years until we turn this thing around."

I'm with you there, Gash. When's the last time that the Bills have come from behind to tie the game (other than last week)? Too bad they lost, but they are getting thier #### together.

I guess if you have no expectations and simply declare it a rebuilding season this type of season isn't hard to take. Set the bar low and anything is acceptable.

I think it became quite clear early what kind of season it would be, so yes, my expectations were and are quite low. But they're my team and can see positives even amid the losing.

For me the big positive is the emergence of Fitz. I've decided to allow myself to believe he has what it takes to be the long term answer at quarterback. Ive admitted now on a few occasions that I still believed that based on his Rob Johnson-like natural gifts that Trent Edwards was our last best hope at quarterback, and when he failed I figured we were going to be less than zero. I had -0-faith that RF was going to be anything other than a high IQ Alex Vanpelt as a starter: That he'd give you a chance to win, maybe make the offensive line look a little better than it had, but that was about it.

I really believe that the way he's played, his youth, character, intellect. (all that stuff) Lends itself to building around him. At least we dont need to feel pressured into taking a 1st rounder at QB. We take a pass rusher in the 1st, maybe a qb in the 2nd or 3rd. Bring a qb up the way he's supposed to be, because we have time.

We have our franchise qb.

I think it became quite clear early what kind of season it would be, so yes, my expectations were and are quite low. But they're my team and can see positives even amid the losing.

Kind of like you have to look past the picture to see the hidden image in the random dots? The only positive is we didn't win any ground on San Francisco and Carolina

Enough of the "they showed heart" posts. THEY CHOKED in so many ways today. KC IS NOT a very good team.

The defense DID NOT leave it all on the field. They DID NOT generate a turnover. They DID NOT stop the run.

The O line DID NOT leave it all on the field. The DID NOT pass protect when we needed it. Lindell DID NOT make the winning kick. Moorman DID NOT make a good kick when we needed it.

Fitz DID NOT have a good game. Spiller DID NOT make an impact. The coaching staff DID NOT make good decisions.

Just because the score was close DOES NOT mean you saw potential.

I refuse to be happy about losing. It sucks, and it always sucks.

Edited by Bob in STL

Enough of the "they showed heart" posts. THEY CHOKED in so many ways today. KC IS NOT a very good team.

The defense DID NOT leave it all on the field. They DID NOT generate a turnover. They DID NOT stop the run.

The O line DID NOT leave it all on the field. The DID NOT pass protect when we needed it. Lindell DID NOT make the winning kick. Moorman DID NOT make a good kick when we needed it.

Fitz DID NOT have a good game. Spiller DID NOT make an impact. The coaching staff DID NOT make good decisions.

Just because the score was close DOES NOT mean you saw potential.

I refuse to be happy about losing. It sucks, and it always sucks.

Captain Obvious says what ?

For me the big positive is the emergence of Fitz. I've decided to allow myself to believe he has what it takes to be the long term answer at quarterback. Ive admitted now on a few occasions that I still believed that based on his Rob Johnson-like natural gifts that Trent Edwards was our last best hope at quarterback, and when he failed I figured we were going to be less than zero. I had -0-faith that RF was going to be anything other than a high IQ Alex Vanpelt as a starter: That he'd give you a chance to win, maybe make the offensive line look a little better than it had, but that was about it.

I really believe that the way he's played, his youth, character, intellect. (all that stuff) Lends itself to building around him. At least we dont need to feel pressured into taking a 1st rounder at QB. We take a pass rusher in the 1st, maybe a qb in the 2nd or 3rd. Bring a qb up the way he's supposed to be, because we have time.

We have our franchise qb.

Still way to early to know if he's our franchise QB . That being said , he did nothing today to make me think that he isn't. He made tough throws , clutch completions , and managed the game well considering he was playing against a defense run by probably the best DC in the league in Crennell. All in all a solid performance.

Fitzpatrick's TD pass to Johnson was as clutch as it gets. 4th down, game on the line away game at the Chiefs' house. Try posting when you get a freaking clue. After 6 excruciating years of Losman and Edwards you're going to come down on Fitzpatrick in a game he pulled out were it not for a blown second field goal????? Only a jackass would feel this way about Fitzpatrick's play today.

How about that interception he thew, was that as clutch as it gets too? I am not for or against fitz, but saying he is clutch is just plain stupid, he is 0-5, on a 0-7 team. No matter how you define clutch, 0-5 IS NOT IT!!

I have no expectations for this season. I decided in the preseason that if I had no expectations, I would not get all pissed off or depressed.

I keep watching because they are my team. That does not mean I accept the poor results.

I guess I am in fan survival mode, :D

Sure there are positives, but heart does make a difference! How bout I'm tired of this muthaf$%&er running all over me! Cj....u not gonna keep holding me on these kick off returns! Fitz before the interception...I bet we still this one and he puts the ball where it needs to be! Gailey wit play calling, especially if u see howard getting abused!

But I got it! Even if the bills displayed heart, they just don't have the right attitude to win!