Why call 3 pass plays with 1:30 left in OT?

DFITZ1

Why did Gailey call 3 pass plays with 1:30 left and 3 yards from FRG range? KC had no time outs and there was ample opportunity to win or at least tie and break this d@#$ losing streak. I thought that horrendous play calling left with Jauron. It's not that we lost, but we lost by the coach being stupid. Buffalo fans have put up with enough stupidity.

I'm madder than Carl Palladino!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Gailey call 3 pass plays with 1:30 left and 3 yards from FRG range? KC had no time outs and there was ample opportunity to win or at least tie and break this d@#$ losing streak. I thought that horrendous play calling left with Jauron. It's not that we lost, but we lost by the coach being stupid. Buffalo fans have put up with enough stupidity.

No run plays to close that last drive in regulation either. After the deep ball to Spiller, why not sprinkle a run or two in? The Bills today ran virtually no play action either as they never seemed to be willing to try to run the ball. Sure a run here, a run there, no real effort to establish the run. Maybe they felt they simply couldn't. Sure was a horrible disappointment.

No run plays to close that last drive in regulation either. After the deep ball to Spiller, why not sprinkle a run or two in? The Bills today ran virtually no play action either as they never seemed to be willing to try to run the ball. Sure a run here, a run there, no real effort to establish the run. Maybe they felt they simply couldn't. Sure was a horrible disappointment.

Exactly, and just simple clock management. A QB sneak would've caught KC off guard perhaps. Buffalo has put up with too much "braintrust" ineptness from both sports teams.

You're not allowed to talk about this on the WGR post-game show. You're also not allowed to talk about this on Sal Cappacio's ridiculous Justin TV post-game show.

You're not allowed to talk about it on WGR because "everyone loved Ryan Fitzpatrick last week so why would they want to take the ball out of his hands this week!?1" and "You don't know enough about the defensive formations to know if the run would have even made sense there~!" (???)

You're not allowed to talk about it on Sal's show because "I used to coach high school football and I have decided that this isn't an issue therefore by edict of Sal, because high school football coaches are really knowledgeable about the NFL and are allowed to make edicts and things, it is not to be spoken about."

You know what's as bad as the game? The awful post game shows for this team. My goodness. This is one of the biggest points of the game. How about running it just once? How about the running an empty backfield set from the 42 yard line. THIS **** MAKES NO SENSE.

I wish SOMEBODY was talking about it, so thank you.

Edited by wardigital

He called a great game so he went with what was working which the running game was not. BTW what is up with Fred? Has he been hanging around with spiller because he was dancin around all day back there instead making the read and hitting it hard.

That deep ball to spiller was one of the best play calls of the game. Fitzy blew the throw. Spiller was WIIIIIIIDE open.

That deep ball to spiller was one of the best play calls of the game. Fitzy blew the throw. Spiller was WIIIIIIIDE open.

If they're five yards farther up the field on the first possession by running the ball instead of throwing incomplete pass after incomplete pass, they don't even have the opportunity to run the Spiller play, because they already win the game.

I agree with you 100% The play calling sucked at the end of game.All those stupid pass play instead of run plays would have got us a win

Yes, that was a good call, but it means nothing because not calling a run 3 times in a row openned the door for KC to beat us, and they did.

You're not allowed to talk about this on the WGR post-game show. You're also not allowed to talk about this on Sal Cappacio's ridiculous Justin TV post-game show.

You're not allowed to talk about it on WGR because "everyone loved Ryan Fitzpatrick last week so why would they want to take the ball out of his hands this week!?1" and "You don't know enough about the defensive formations to know if the run would have even made sense there~!" (???)

You're not allowed to talk about it on Sal's show because "I used to coach high school football and I have decided that this isn't an issue therefore by edict of Sal, because high school football coaches are really knowledgeable about the NFL and are allowed to make edicts and things, it is not to be spoken about."

You know what's as bad as the game? The awful post game shows for this team. My goodness. This is one of the biggest points of the game. How about running it just once? How about the running an empty backfield set from the 42 yard line. THIS **** MAKES NO SENSE.

I wish SOMEBODY was talking about it, so thank you.

You're very welcome. I didn't listen to any post game. My wife heard enough from me anyway so I went out to rake leaves. If these sportsradio guys can't see this then either they've been bought, silenced, or lobotomized!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Chan Gailey's playcalling in these last 2 Overtime periods have been extremely costly.

Why did Gailey abandon the running game in both overtime's?

Gailey is the person I hold responsible as to why we did not win these last 2 games.

If they're five yards farther up the field on the first possession by running the ball instead of throwing incomplete pass after incomplete pass, they don't even have the opportunity to run the Spiller play, because they already win the game.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: