Prediction: Chiefs 27 - 13 Offensive Enthusiasm Ends

box0life

Hate to be a downer but every time a player from Buffalo starts to get big time praise or the team starts to get kudos, the next game they go out a play like Sh-t. All this praise for the offense, Fitzpatrick, and Johnson may come crashing down to reality at Kansas City.

These guy just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going and I see reality striking soon. Don't get me wrong, I hope they keeps playing well, but the overconfidence level is getting scary. People are saying that Fitz may be our next franchise quarterback. We said the same thing after Buffalo started out 5-1 a year or two ago with Edwards at the helm.

What happens to all this enthusiasm if the offense and Fitzpatrick score only 13 points next week and Fitz throws 3 int's and gets 1 touchdown and Steve Johnson catches 2 for 26 yards.

It's really scary to think about, but reality is right around the corner.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think so. Actually, the team reminding me of those pretender 5-1 Bills this week is the Chiefs. Played a bunch of bad teams, barely won against those, lost to the couple of decent teams they've played.

They'll have their success on the ground (who doesn't against our D?) but it won't be enough.

Bills 26, Chiefs 20

Fitz 2 TDs and 275 Yards. Over 150 yds for Jackson / Spiller (though neither will probably crack 100 by himself).

My opinion anyway.

It's pretty unlikely we'll have the same offensive output against the Chiefs that we had against the Ravens, I definitely agree with you there. I hope you're wrong about them going the other direction, though. When this team is on the right track, we'll be able so see progress each week, even though there will still be growing pains and setbacks. A lot of people were upset with the loss last week. The more I've thought about it, the happier I am with that performance, even given the fact that we got another L hung on us. What I'm looking for are the younger guys to start stepping up. I loved what Stevie Johnson did, and I hope to see more of our younger plaers start stepping up and making a difference. If we see that, I'm pretty happy, no matter the outcome of the game.

Hate to be a downer but every time a player from Buffalo starts to get big time praise or the team starts to get kudos, the next game they go out a play like Sh-t. All this praise for the offense, Fitzpatrick, and Johnson may come crashing down to reality at Kansas City.

These guy just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going and I see reality striking soon. Don't get me wrong, I hope they keeps playing well, but the overconfidence level is getting scary. People are saying that Fitz may be our next franchise quarterback. We said the same thing after Buffalo started out 5-1 a year or two ago with Edwards at the helm.

What happens to all this enthusiasm if the offense and Fitzpatrick score only 13 points next week and Fitz throws 3 int's and gets 1 touchdown and Steve Johnson catches 2 for 26 yards.

I sure hope Fitz and the offense can keep it going and begin to light it up on a consistent basis. If this happens, it would be reality as well. (Reality doesn't always have to be negative. It can have a positive outcome too).

btw my fantasy team has been struggling, so I recently added Fitz, Lee, and SJ. Fred has been on my team for several weeks. Hoping for continued fireworks this week. Time will tell.

Well , what can you say? Until they prove to us that they are for real and have turned a corner , then they remain the same old bills in my eyes. But that performance last week by our offense is too much to brush off.

Yeah, I don't think so. Actually, the team reminding me of those pretender 5-1 Bills this week is the Chiefs. Played a bunch of bad teams, barely won against those, lost to the couple of decent teams they've played.

They'll have their success on the ground (who doesn't against our D?) but it won't be enough.

Bills 26, Chiefs 20

Fitz 2 TDs and 275 Yards. Over 150 yds for Jackson / Spiller (though neither will probably crack 100 by himself).

My opinion anyway.

The Chiefs were actually underdogs for the first 5 games and won 3 of those. 2 of which were favorites to win their division at the time. The 2 losses were hard fought games against the Colts and the Texans that came down to the 4th quarter. Holding Peyton Manning to no TDs is not easy.

The Chiefs are no. 1 in the league rushing, and the defense is much faster this year. If you are expecting to see last year's team show up you will not recognize them.

I'm not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but they will definately have to be on top of their game if they want to pull out a win.

What the hell, man!

Let me have a tiny bit of hope. What you're calling "all this enthusiasm" is just us kind of believing that we have a chance of winning ONE GAME! You gotta let me have this. :D

No buzzkills! Bills win 27-20.

The Chiefs were actually underdogs for the first 5 games and won 3 of those. 2 of which were favorites to win their division at the time. The 2 losses were hard fought games against the Colts and the Texans that came down to the 4th quarter. Holding Peyton Manning to no TDs is not easy.

The Chiefs are no. 1 in the league rushing, and the defense is much faster this year. If you are expecting to see last year's team show up you will not recognize them.

I'm not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but they will definately have to be on top of their game if they want to pull out a win.

I don't see them much but the few times I have caught a Chefs game over the last year or so, I thought both Tamba Hali and Ron Edwards weren't getting the credit they deserved. Did I happen to catch them on unusually good days or are they both playing same pretty damned solid football?

The Chiefs are for real this year, no doubt it will be a tough game.

I expect Chan will go to the air early and often to get some points on the board first. The pass to set up the run. It is a team he is fairly familiar with so I do expect a good game plan. I think he was almost happy with the D after last week and what they did at the end of the 4th. It will all be about stopping the run and if KC also decides they want to score quick with their plan or if they establish the run like the Jags did. If they go with the Jags type plan I see a similar game if they go with the Ravens plan we may win.

In either case it is a pass first league these days and I think since the light is going on for Fitz and the Oline is doing a slightly better job we should be able to beat a running team. If our lines hold up. Pass well, stop the run. Keys to the game in my mind.

The Chiefs are for real this year, no doubt it will be a tough game.

I expect Chan will go to the air early and often to get some points on the board first. The pass to set up the run. It is a team he is fairly familiar with so I do expect a good game plan. I think he was almost happy with the D after last week and what they did at the end of the 4th. It will all be about stopping the run and if KC also decides they want to score quick with their plan or if they establish the run like the Jags did. If they go with the Jags type plan I see a similar game if they go with the Ravens plan we may win.

In either case it is a pass first league these days and I think since the light is going on for Fitz and the Oline is doing a slightly better job we should be able to beat a running team. If our lines hold up. Pass well, stop the run. Keys to the game in my mind.

Holy shiznitz bowery. You're right. Gailey must be familiar with KC. He was there after all as OC. He knows how Haley thinks. Doesn't mean it's an automatic win for us but it's a definite plus. Very interesting... hmm... But I suppose Haley also knows how Gailey thinks too. This will be an exciting game.

If you are wrong, you should make yourself post nothing but positive things next week. It will be good for your soul. :beer:

It all starts with heart and attitude! Kc is not a better team than the Ravens! Therefore, you take that momentum and punch them in the mouth! The c has to play their gaps and lanes! We have a shot to win!

The Chiefs are frauds! I don't care what they held Peyton to! When they needed to win against an elite team, THEY DIDN'T! The bills have a shot! They have to come hard or stay the hell home!!!!!!

It takes a brave, bold man to make a prediction that goes around the Bills around here. Just be prepared for a firestorm if your prediction doesn't turn out to be correct.

The level of heat you take for having a bad prediction probably has a lot to do with how you man up and accept you were wrong. Less excuses the better. Just man up and say you were wrong and move on.

Anyone with balls will stick their neck out and make a prediction. If you're right then great. If you're wrong then accept it.

Well, what do you think will happen?

What will happen is, beginning immediately after the game - maybe even during - and continuing right up until the next kickoff, all of the "The sky is falling....the sky is falling!!!!" 'Chicken Littles' will plaster TSW with posts stating how they told everyone that Fitz was nothing more than a career backup, adequate 'in a pinch' but certainly not a 'franchise QB'. :rolleyes:

All the posters who, this week, stated unequivocally that QB and O-line are no longer the Bills #1 needs, will instantly 'do a 180' and renew their incessant calls that the Bills use their very high 1st-round pick to draft a certain Stanford QB who will not even be in the April draft, or a certain Washington QB who sucks out loud and will be available in the 3rd round. :wallbash:

A-holes like 'Mr. Wonderful' will attack good, decent, long-time members. Valued contributors like DIEHARD 1967 will grow disgusted and go away.

Such is the nature of TSW these days, it seems. :cry:

It's pretty unlikely we'll have the same offensive output against the Chiefs that we had against the Ravens, I definitely agree with you there. I hope you're wrong about them going the other direction, though. When this team is on the right track, we'll be able so see progress each week, even though there will still be growing pains and setbacks. A lot of people were upset with the loss last week. The more I've thought about it, the happier I am with that performance, even given the fact that we got another L hung on us. What I'm looking for are the younger guys to start stepping up. I loved what Stevie Johnson did, and I hope to see more of our younger plaers start stepping up and making a difference. If we see that, I'm pretty happy, no matter the outcome of the game.

aj, what I was happy about last Sunday was that NONE of the Bills were satisfied with the close loss on the road. Of course, Hangartner should be smart enough not to throw his helmet -- but he was freaking PISSED because he wanted to win. That's the "change in culture" Gailey and Nix have been talking about. Jauron would have walked into the postgame press conference "happy" with the close loss.

As a fan I loved the game last week -- it brought back enjoyment to watching the Bills on Sunday afternoon. I too hope we don't see a major step backwards this week -- my gut tells me that won't happen.

It takes a brave, bold man to make a prediction that goes around the Bills around here. Just be prepared for a firestorm if your prediction doesn't turn out to be correct.

And it takes a jackass to invade a fan message board and sling stojan all over the place.

Yes, it takes a brave, bold man to predict that an 0-6 team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade and has only had one winning season in that time will lose.

Hate to be a downer

No, you don't. You obviously love it. You and all of your friends who somehow think that constantly taking negative positions makes you smarter, that being obsessively pessimistic makes you a realist, that choosing to focus on the unpleasant and unhappy about a game that actually is as far removed from reality as possible will shield you against the real evils, sadnesses, and disappointments of life.