Fitz's passing yards

I have Fitzpatrick in my yahoo.com fantasy league, and was looking at his player notes when I came across this:

The NFL has changed a stat from a play in Sunday's Bills-Ravens game, so Fitzpatrick now has 382 passing yards instead of 374, BuffaloBills.com reports.

Has anybody else seen anything about this, or does anybody know what play they changed? I've never heard of the league doing this before. It seems odd that they would add 8 yards to a play in the middle of the week. Is it common that in game stats get botched and are later corrected?

I have seen this happen before. I actualwoolley a playoff game off a botched play/call that was later in the week updated. It was a few years ago and was a defensive stat. A sack or fumble or something like that. Can't remember exactly, but I was livid.

Yes, they do this somewhat regularly, you just don't hear about it. I assume, although I don't know for sure, that it may have occurred on the play that Roscoe caught the ball and then fumbled. I wasn't sure myself how they were going to rule that as far as passing yardage goes. Whether they were going to take it off of Fitzpatrick's passing yards as well as Roscoe's receiving yards, or just the team passing yards, etc. I know they counted it against Roscoe's receiving yards because at one point he had like three catches for minus yardage, but that obviously counted the 17 or so yards he lost from the fumble. I still don't know what they ultimately ruled as far as Fitzpatrick's passing yards goes though.

I may be smoking crack on this one, but it seems that one year the Fish had Jim Kiick and Larry Csonka get 1000 yards. Then Mercury Morris also passed 1000 yards. On the next play he lost 5 or 6 yards to put him back at 997 or something. Then later, I'm thinking years later, the NFL came back and said they looked at it again and Morris indeed did have over 1000 rushing. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I may be smoking crack on this one, but it seems that one year the Fish had Jim Kiick and Larry Csonka get 1000 yards. Then Mercury Morris also passed 1000 yards. On the next play he lost 5 or 6 yards to put him back at 997 or something. Then later, I'm thinking years later, the NFL came back and said they looked at it again and Morris indeed did have over 1000 rushing. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

OK I looked it up. It was Morris and Csonka with 1000. The league came back 5 days after the season to award Morris an additional 9 yards to hit 1000.

My link

Has anybody else seen anything about this, or does anybody know what play they changed? I've never heard of the league doing this before. It seems odd that they would add 8 yards to a play in the middle of the week. Is it common that in game stats get botched and are later corrected?

According to Jerry Sullivan, the -17 on the fumble initially credited to Roscoe was reduced (increased?) to a -9. So, Roscoe also gained 8 yards, I guess.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sully_on_sports/2010/10/fitz-isnt-done-yet.html

I'm sure there are a few that remember that 'The Brentwood Butcher' was initially credited with 198 yards in the final game of his 2000+ yard season (1973) - afterwards it was changed to 200 yards, giving him a total of 2003 yards on the season.(instead of 2001).

Not really sure why they did that (or where they saw the extra 2 yards), other than maybe to also give Simpson three 200-yard games that year.

I'm sure there are a few that remember that 'The Brentwood Butcher' was initially credited with 198 yards in the final game of his 2000+ yard season (1973) - afterwards it was changed to 200 yards, giving him a total of 2003 yards on the season.(instead of 2001).

Not really sure why they did that (or where they saw the extra 2 yards), other than maybe to also give Simpson three 200-yard games that year.

I remember watching that game in its entirety. I was just short of seven years old.