Should the Bills go lighter at DE?

George Edwards is using a heavier 4 man front with Stroud & D. Edwards at DE, and K. Williams and Troup at DT. G. Edwards focus is shutting down the run, while it's working in the middle, it's not working on the outside. Stroud & D. Edwards are too big/slow to get to the RB's when they move to the outside. IMO, G. Edwards should use lighter DE's in the 4-3. Maybe G. Edwards should experiment with moving Stroud back to DT with K. Wiliiams and have either Moats or Coleman lineup at DE. Troup and the other DE (who is not used) can come in on certain downs (for 10-15 snaps a game).

Thoughts...

George Edwards is using a heavier 4 man front with Stroud & D. Edwards at DE, and K. Williams and Troup at DT. G. Edwards focus is shutting down the run, while it's working in the middle, it's not working on the outside. Stroud & D. Edwards are too big/slow to get to the RB's when they move to the outside. IMO, G. Edwards should use lighter DE's in the 4-3. Maybe G. Edwards should experiment with moving Stroud back to DT with K. Wiliiams and have either Moats or Coleman lineup at DE. Troup and the other DE (who is not used) can come in on certain downs (for 10-15 snaps a game).

Thoughts...

i would try anything at this point. I dont have any objections.

i would try anything at this point. I dont have any objections.

agreed about trying anything. stroud might be out of gas - idk what his deal is this year.

what i would really like to see is carrington getting on the field. is he still not 100% or what? i think he'll be a difference maker eventually, and i hope it's sooner rather than later.

as long as we're moving ppl around, how bout kelsay back to straight up DE? let moats stay at LB where he won't be as much of a liability in pass coverage.

What they should do is get Stroud out of there......he is giving us nothing.

Put in Carrington and let him get the playing time. The kid is a beast against the run.

Agreed. Plus, I'd like to see Moats & Coleman lined up at DE to see if they can get some pressure on the QB (since no one on the defense can).

Agreed. Plus, I'd like to see Moats & Coleman lined up at DE to see if they can get some pressure on the QB (since no one on the defense can).

I can't agree more! And under no circumstance take Troup out. The kid can play and needs the reps. He's going to get better and better. He's a load. I liked what I see in Moats and Coleman. Play the kids.

I wish they would. Moats and Coleman were both DE's in school. Put them out there. Just do something. I wish they would just blitz more. They cant get to the QB. They should Blitz every play. Add some DB blitz's too. It would be nice to see some sacks. Instead of almost sacks after the QB had all day to throw.

Thoughts...

No. Draft guys that are going to be good football players in the NFL. Draft guys that are animals and absolutely hate to lose. Do you think for a minute that Ray Lewis was going to tolerate losing the game on Sunday?

Too much emphasis on measurables and schemes is what got us in trouble.

No. Draft guys that are going to be good football players in the NFL. Draft guys that are animals and absolutely hate to lose. Do you think for a minute that Ray Lewis was going to tolerate losing the game on Sunday?

Too much emphasis on measurables and schemes is what got us in trouble.

I could be mistaken, but I think perhaps the OP was speaking of how to utilize existing personnel through the rest of the season