I Billieve in Fitzpatrick Magic

Being one of 8 total Bills fans in Southeast Baton Rouge...I grasp for anything...and our defense is terrible...I can't blame Fitzy...infact...the last 3 weeks he has been really valuable fantasy QB.(It's true..I couldn't believe it)

At our weekly football get togethers when everyone is Saints/Cowboys/Falcons fans...I stand alone in my ragged Evans jersey....but just saying hi guys.been lurking for awhile...and while LSU vs Auburn is on...i'm currently banned from my LSU board for calling people saying we were going to lose !@#$s *I billieve when most don't* i'm banned for a game discussion. so hai guys

Being one of 8 total Bills fans in Southeast Baton Rouge...I grasp for anything...and our defense is terrible...I can't blame Fitzy...infact...the last 3 weeks he has been really valuable fantasy QB.(It's true..I couldn't believe it)

At our weekly football get togethers when everyone is Saints/Cowboys/Falcons fans...I stand alone in my ragged Evans jersey....but just saying hi guys.been lurking for awhile...and while LSU vs Auburn is on...i'm currently banned from my LSU board for calling people saying we were going to lose !@#$s *I billieve when most don't* i'm banned for a game discussion. so hai guys

Well, welcome to the board! I'm not a big poster here but I do read most everything.

But Fitzy hasn't been too bad. Better than I expected that's for sure. Maybe he'll even get better with time, who knows. I'd still like to see Brohm get a few games though so we can see what he has. Maybe it'll be this week with Baltimores D so strong.

I just don't get the hatred for Fitzpantsdown.... All the guy does is try to win games and there's a bunch of negativity thrown his way. He might not be our future but he is our right now and he and Freddy J are the only real offensive weapons we have right now...

Fitzpathetic sounds better.

EDIT: Holy crap, that nickname kicks ass. The next time he throws a pass 3 yards over an open receiver's head, jump up and say, "That's Fitzpathetic! C'mon!"

Fitzpatrick is IMO the very least of our problems. He is what he is...

He is having a great year thus far. I admire his fire, guts and willingness to throw the ball.

Draft a D-lineman or a LB. Lets see if Fitz can progress next year as he has thus far this year....

I was down on Fitz's accuracy, in terms of handing him the reins permanently (despite loving his toughness and guts)... he's made a believer out of me here today. At least for now--- I reserve the right to schizophrenically change my opinion when he next throws a terrible pass!

If Fitzy pulls off this win and can put together a 8 & 8 season i will pull for him to stay the starter !! The guy is a buffalo type of guy he comes to work every day does what ever the coach has him do !! Maybe Chan has found our guy !!

Clue all the NA sayers !!!

I was down on Fitz's accuracy, in terms of handing him the reins permanently (despite loving his toughness and guts)... he's made a believer out of me here today. At least for now--- I reserve the right to schizophrenically change my opinion when he next throws a terrible pass!

And... done! Just kidding, we'll see. :o

Edited by Punch

Fitz was great... I think one thing we definitely know about him is that a loss like this won't break his spirit. A lot of guys in that Bills lockerroom are going to feel broke, but if he's worth his salt he can lead them past it. If that makes any sense.

With Fitz we can at least to afford to bring along the top pick slowly should that be the way things shake out. Would be very similar to the John Kitna Carson Palmer situation in Cincy a few years back. I still think if the right guy is available QB IS THE WAY YOU GOTTA GO, but at least it won't be a thrown to the wolves type situation. Sorry bout the caps lock accident.

Fitzpatrick's current stats extrapolated over an entire season:

3880 YDS 44 TDS 16 INT

.......now I realize that the chances of Fitz reaching these numbers are slim to none, but you can't deny it's fun to speculate.....especially considering how terrible our QB production has been over the years.

Fitzpatrick's current stats extrapolated over an entire season:

3880 YDS 44 TDS 16 INT

.......now I realize that the chances of Fitz reaching these numbers are slim to none, but you can't deny it's fun to speculate.....especially considering how terrible our QB production has been over the years.

Yeah, all signs point to a "hot streak" for him, but it's downright fun to watch

Fitz has been great and may get me off the Luck bandwagon. He had a few bad passes but so does every QB, that reed interception should have been caught by parish(?). Which brings us to the real problem today was guys fumbling and dropping the ball (and the D is still bad)plus we got screwed on that interception in the end zone which takes away 7 and we win :wallbash:

I know it's popular to say he's a great backup and that he's not "franchise" QB material, but I disagree. QBs usually need time to develop and this is a smart guy who has learned from experience and keeps getting better. I see no reason to believe he can't be the franchise guy and lead this team through the decade.

Fitz really impressed me today......At the very least, Fitz has earned the right to have a spot on the roster next year. If it is as the starter, or a backup to some rookie QB remains yet to be seen. Since its not a sure thing that Luck will come out, and none of the other college QB's have been real impressive (although theres still time), I wouldn't mind having Fitz back as a starter, provided he keeps up this good play, and spending our top pick on a defensive player (we all saw today how many holes the Bills have on D)...having said that, one thing that people have to keep in mind is Fitz's age....he will be 28 in about a month, which doesn't mean hes a washed up old man by NFL QB standards, but he is a little on the older side.