161 Points Against!!!!

1B4IDie

Its clear that people are freaking out but lets look on the bright side.

Fitz right now is the #6 QB by rating.

The offensive line does not look as horrible after the QB change.

Not saying we have the best O-Line in the league but its not the worst in the NFL.

All the sky is falling energy needs to focused on the Defensive front 7.

We have the worst LB core in the NFL. (I think there is case for worst in the history of the NFL but thats an outrageous statement that is very difficult to prove.)

Fitzy is looking like a good bridge QB, giving a young prospect time to learn on the bench before he is thrown to the wolves.

I post this in response to Felser's column.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article222005.ece

Its really not as bad as this reactionary list to 0-6 (we play the Ravens after the Bye)would let you believe.

We have been in every game except for Green Bay and even against the Jets we were in until the 3rd quarter when the our defense opened the flood gates.

Seriously we are 3-2 stops away from 2-3.

The wish list in my opinion.

A Franchise QB in 2011 draft, Its the perfect time to let them learn under a very smart Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is the year to finally find our replacement for :worthy: Jim Kelly.

Rounds1:

1. QB

2. Best player available with tie going to LB

3. LB

4. LB\DE

4. NT\DE

5. RT

6. LB

7. LB

The Bills need to get some stops.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Bad teams are always going to have a number of close games that the fans will point to for optimism. However, the bottom line is the bad team will lose those close games most of the time because they are a bad team. Even the back to back 2-14 teams of the mid-80s could have been 8-8 with 2 or 3 extra stops per game. They were 2-14 because they lacked the talent to get those 2-3 stops, same as this bad team.

Bad teams are always going to have a number of close games that the fans will point to for optimism. However, the bottom line is the bad team will lose those close games most of the time because they are a bad team. Even the back to back 2-14 teams of the mid-80s could have been 8-8 with 2 or 3 extra stops per game. They were 2-14 because they lacked the talent to get those 2-3 stops, same as this bad team.

Thank you Department of Redundancy Department.

Thats kinda my point.

If we fill some holes on defense in 2011. The team can get back to 7-9 in 2011.

Its really not as bad as this reactionary list to 0-6 (we play the Ravens after the Bye)would let you believe. We have been in every game except for Green Bay and even against the Jets we were in until the 3rd quarter when the our defense opened the flood gates.

That's what extremely bad teams look like in this league. Look at any of the really horrible teams of the past ten years, including the 0 - 16 Lions and you can say the same kind of thing. Everybody is 2 or 3 stops away from being decent this early in the year. The key is that they're not good enough to get those stops.

The OL is one of the 2 or 3 worst in the league, and Fitz is average in stats, and not good enough to go to the Super Bowl with, except as a backup.

Kid yourself all you like, this is a really really bad team, and while, yeah, we do need major help in the front seven, we also need major help on the OL, at WR, QB and probably TE. We are two years away at minimum, much more likely three.

Not saying we have the best O-Line in the league but its not the worst in the NFL.

We have the worst LB core in the NFL. (I think there is case for worst in the history of the NFL but thats an outrageous statement that is very difficult to prove.)

Fitzy is looking like a good bridge QB, giving a young prospect time to learn on the bench before he is thrown to the wolves.

Its really not as bad as this reactionary list to 0-6 (we play the Ravens after the Bye)would let you believe.

We have been in every game except for Green Bay and even against the Jets we were in until the 3rd quarter when the our defense opened the flood gates.

A Franchise QB in 2011 draft, Its the perfect time to let them learn under a very smart Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is the year to finally find our replacement for :worthy: Jim Kelly.

Rounds1:

1. QB

3. LB

4. LB\DE

4. NT\DE

5. RT

6. LB

7. LB

We'll see how good this offense looks at Baltimore next week. You'll see just how far the Bills are from competing on BOTH sides of the ball next week.

The offense has looked pathetic against every defense they've played this year that has a clue. This team is horrible.

We'll see how good this offense looks at Baltimore next week. You'll see just how far the Bills are from competing on BOTH sides of the ball next week.

The offense has looked pathetic against every defense they've played this year that has a clue. This team is horrible.

I was beginning to believe that I was the only one who thought that way. The only reason the Bills offense looks decent on paper right now is because the Pats and Jaguars are almost as miserable defensively as the Bills are. Teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Chicago and the others on the remaining schedule that have a quality defense are going to kick the crap out of this Bills offense.

I appreciate your optimism, but I would disagree that we were legitimately in any game this year, except the Dolphins' game. And the Dolphins' game was two dropped pick-sixes away from being a complete blow-out.

What's been frustrating to watch this year is that this team is getting blown out just about every game. Under Jauron, even though the team was boring and awful, we would rarely get blown out.

1. No we won't see how far they from competing, because the Defense makes good offenses look like bad offenses. We'll look just as good as any other offense that plays against the Ravens So we really won't look much different than the Jets or Broncos offense next Sunday.

2. The offense looked Pathetic against the Packers and for 1 quarter against the Jets, so that must be the 1.25 defenses that "have a clue"

The Fact is we are scoring 87 points on the season. This is right in the middle of the road.

However our defense is allowing 161 points, even after the Bye week the defense is probably going to give the most points in the NFL when other defenses have played 4 more qtrs.

I don't know what you guys are reading my point isn't that this is a good team.

My point is we have the wost LBing core in NFL history.

This needs to be addressed as a 1st priority.

I appreciate your optimism, but I would disagree that we were legitimately in any game this year, except the Dolphins' game. And the Dolphins' game was two dropped pick-sixes away from being a complete blow-out.

What's been frustrating to watch this year is that this team is getting blown out just about every game. Under Jauron, even though the team was boring and awful, we would rarely get blown out.

Thats just not true.

It was 14-13 at half time against the Jets.

We lost the Pats game by 1 TD.

It was 27-20 against the Jags in the 4th QTR, until we lost by a 1TD and 1FG.

The only game that Bills were completely out of it was against the Pack.

Saying we were completely Blown-out in every game is a complete exaggeration.

1. No we won't see how far they from competing, because the Defense makes good offenses look like bad offenses. We'll look just as good as any other offense that plays against the Ravens So we really won't look much different than the Jets or Broncos offense next Sunday.

2. The offense looked Pathetic against the Packers and for 1 quarter against the Jets, so that must be the 1.25 defenses that "have a clue"

The Fact is we are scoring 87 points on the season. This is right in the middle of the road.

However our defense is allowing 161 points, even after the Bye week the defense is probably going to give the most points in the NFL when other defenses have played 4 more qtrs.

I don't know what you guys are reading my point isn't that this is a good team.

My point is we have the wost LBing core in NFL history.

This needs to be addressed as a 1st priority.

Sad to see that someone is happy that our offens is "middle of the road" because the defense is so much worse by comparision.

So we draft 5 LBs in 2011 like you prescribe. Odds are one of the them will he a legitimate starter. Then what?

This team needs to use all possible resources including Free Agency to improve the talent. If not, we will alwys be in a three year rebuild. We loose players faster than we can find them. The number of holes we have now is greater than when Nix was hired.

Sad to see that someone is happy that our offens is "middle of the road" because the defense is so much worse by comparision.

So we draft 5 LBs in 2011 like you prescribe. Odds are one of the them will he a legitimate starter. Then what?

This team needs to use all possible resources including Free Agency to improve the talent. If not, we will alwys be in a three year rebuild. We loose players faster than we can find them. The number of holes we have now is greater than when Nix was hired.

How do you read my post and interpret that Free Agency will be ignored? But Free Agency means a player is free to decide where they play. Don't get your hopes up than any significant talent is going to choose to come Buffalo. We haven't had a significant Free Agent signing since Takeo Spikes.

Specifically what holes are greater?

So the Texans just took the crown away from the Bills for most Points Allowed throughout the season they have allowed 167 points through 6 whole games, why the Bills have let in 161 points through 5 whole games.

Plus if the Jags give up more than 24 points we will be relegated to 3rd place.

Don't worry there is good news the Texans are on Bye when the Ravens beat up on the Bills for 60 Minutes after their OT loss to the Patriots, so we'll have a chance to take back the crown of giving up the most points in the NFL.

All-time record for points allowed is 533, or 33.3 per game by the '81 Colts.

All-time record for points allowed per game is 35.8 by the '66 Giants

Bills currently have allowed 198, or 33.0 per game. It is pretty bad when you are challenging history.

All-time record for points allowed is 533, or 33.3 per game by the '81 Colts.

All-time record for points allowed per game is 35.8 by the '66 Giants

Bills currently have allowed 198, or 33.0 per game. It is pretty bad when you are challenging history.

Why isn't there more talk of firing George Edwards? I mean, c'mon. This is pitiful.

Rounds1:

1. QB

3. LB

4. LB\DE

4. NT\DE

5. RT

6. LB

7. LB

When Felser wrote that column I don't know what he was thinking of with respect to his points 5-7. We have backup QBs on staff. Our wide receivers are serviceable and we have plenty of decent cornerbacks. I'm not sure in what order we need them (given the emergence of Fitz) but QB, RT, DE & LB, LB, LB should be the positions we target.