Sharing all the world

You may say I’m a dreamer

But I’m not the only one

I hope someday you’ll join us

And the world will live as one

RIP..

Man where the hell did the time go?

151436[/snapback]

Don't you know? Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future.

Poor John. At least he has George to keep him company now. I still say Yoko arranged the hit because John was getting wise and was about to dump that crazy B word.

The other night, My wife, Buddy "The Wonder " Dog, and I were watching the Rolling Stones Circus DVD, John preformed as "The Dirty Mac ". His band included Eric Clapton. Buddy enjoyed the first couple of song than it happened, Yoko performed with the Dirty Mac. Yoko started singing??? and Buddy, no lie, with a confused look left the room and went upstairs. He could not take her!!!

The other night, My wife, Buddy "The Wonder " Dog,  and I were watching the Rolling Stones Circus DVD, John preformed as "The Dirty Mac ". His band included Eric Clapton. Buddy enjoyed the first couple of song than it happened, Yoko performed with the Dirty Mac.  Yoko started singing??? and Buddy, no lie, with a confused look left the room and went upstairs. He could not take her!!!

151550[/snapback]

Im suprised it didnt hurt his ears......her singing is torture.

I will never forget that day. I was a junior in H.S. I was in the hospital because that weekend I had suffered a pretty horrific injury at basketball practice. I was going after a loose ball full speed and I stopped the progress of a teammate who was also going after it full speed - with my face. From eyewitness accounts basically I was out cold on my feet - then fell backward and smashed the back of my head on the floor. I was out cold on my back and one of my friends noticed I was choking - he had the presence to turn me onto my side and a river of blood just started pouring out. My nose was basically smeared across my face - and the amount of blood was prodigious to say the least. My coach who had coached various sports for 25 years said it was the worst sports accident he had ever seen. I ended up with a double concussion, needed reconstructive surgery on my nose, and I'm pretty sure I broke or dislocated my jaw when I found later I couldn't open my mouth properly - but in my hazy mental state I just forced it back in place myself with a loud *crack* and then never really told anyone (and my jaw has never really been the same since). At one point later a doctor came to my room (in a tuxedo as he had been called away from some party) and saw that one of my pupils was more dilated than the other and said to my Mother (I will never forget) "One of his pupils is more dilated than the other. That could mean he has pressure on his brain and we may need to drill a hole in his skull to relieve the pressure" - and of course at that point I was sure my Mother was going to be the one needing hospitalization more than me.

I found out Lennon had been shot when I had goten out of surgery and was in my room all drugged up - and the guy in the bed next to me (who also seemed to be all drugged up) says to me "They shot Lennon" and I'm barely coherent thinking WTF?

Anyway, that's what I remember - being told the news in a surreal drug/concussion induced stupor, then watching the coverage in the subsequent days from my hospital bed.

I found out watching Monday Night Football, like tons of others, I suppose.  Very bizarre to hear Howard Cosell break the news of John Lennon's death and not ABC News.

151827[/snapback]

that's what I was doing as well. I was 13. it was horrible news.

Don't you know? Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future.

Poor John. At least he has George to keep him company now. I still say Yoko arranged the hit because John was getting wise and was about to dump that crazy B word.

151547[/snapback]

That's a really horrible statement to make. I'm no fan of Yoko's singing, but John loved her with every ounce of his being. He professed his love for her every opportunity that he got in front of a camera or microphone. To suggest that she had him killed is just plain ugly.

Go back and listen to the man's music because his message of peace, love and tolerance went way over your head, brother.

R.I.P. John.....

Here's a cool animated video:

Animated Video

A good Lennon-specific sites that's been online a ling time can be found at:

Bagism

Finally, a very unusual site. An Artificial Intelligence site where you converse online, and the responses are programmed to respond in John Lennon's conversational style. Just go to the page below and click "Chat with John"

John Lennon Artificial Intelligence Project

R.I.P. John.....

Here's a cool animated video:

Animated Video

A good Lennon-specific sites that's been online a ling time can be found at:

Bagism

Finally, a very unusual site.  An Artificial Intelligence site where you converse online, and the responses are programmed to respond in John Lennon's conversational style.  Just go to the page below and click "Chat with John"

John Lennon Artificial Intelligence Project

152308[/snapback]

You are back to old self with all those links. I hope to see Lori follow it up with stats. :blink:

Give me a call when you can, OK? I am thinking about a possible McFaddens trip on sunday.

That's a really horrible statement to make. I'm no fan of Yoko's singing, but John loved her with every ounce of his being. He professed his love for her every opportunity that he got in front of a camera or microphone. To suggest that she had him killed is just plain ugly.

Sounds pretty mental to me. Also sounds a little insecure of his love if he has to constantly profess it everytime someone sticks a microphone in front of him. I wonder if he professed his love for Cynthia constantly, before he left her hanging high and dry with a 5 year old son (actually Julian was younger when John started carrying on an affair with Yoko)? And I was joking about her having him killed. She's probably to dumb to arrange such a thing anyway.

Go back and listen to the man's music because his message of peace, love and tolerance went way over your head, brother.

151858[/snapback]

Kumbya my lord, kumbya...Oh brother, brother. Did you call upon John's message of peace, love, and tolerance when you decided to call me out for making a horrible statement? What other musicians and figures in the entertainment world do you hero-worship because they preach happy shiny messages that make you feel all tingly inside, when in actuallity their private lives don't always match up? John Lennon was a decent but flawed man (like all of us) who made some pretty !@#$in' good music, but a demi-god he was not.

Course, that probably went over your head, brother.

P.S. On a serious note, what in the ever-lovin hell is your avatar anyway?

I will never forget that day.  I was a junior in H.S.  I was in the hospital because that weekend I had suffered a pretty horrific injury at basketball practice.  I was going after a loose ball full speed and I stopped the progress of a teammate who was also going after it full speed - with my face.  From eyewitness accounts basically I was out cold on my feet - then fell backward and smashed the back of my head on the floor.  I was out cold on my back and one of my friends noticed I was choking - he had the presence to turn me onto my side and a river of blood just started pouring out.  My nose was basically smeared across my face - and the amount of blood was prodigious to say the least.  My coach who had coached various sports for 25 years said it was the worst sports accident he had ever seen.  I ended up with a double concussion, needed reconstructive surgery on my nose, and I'm pretty sure I broke or dislocated my jaw when I found later I couldn't open my mouth properly - but in my hazy mental state I just forced it back in place myself with a loud *crack* and then never really told anyone (and my jaw has never really been the same since).  At one point later a doctor came to my room (in a tuxedo as he had been called away from some party) and saw that one of my pupils was more dilated than the other and said to my Mother (I will never forget) "One of his pupils is more dilated than the other.  That could mean he has pressure on his brain and we may need to drill a hole in his skull to relieve the pressure" - and of course at that point I was sure my Mother was going to be the one needing hospitalization more than me.

I found out Lennon had been shot when I had goten out of surgery and was in my room all drugged up - and the guy in the bed next to me (who also seemed to be all drugged up) says to me "They shot Lennon" and I'm barely coherent thinking WTF?

Anyway, that's what I remember - being told the news in a surreal drug/concussion induced stupor, then watching the coverage in the subsequent days from my hospital bed.

151761[/snapback]

Sounds like your day ended up better than John's. Glad ya made it and are a Bill's fan. :blink:

Sounds pretty mental to me. Also sounds a little insecure of his love if he has to constantly profess it everytime someone sticks a microphone in front of him. I wonder if he professed his love for Cynthia constantly, before he left her hanging high and dry with a 5 year old son (actually Julian was younger when John started carrying on an affair with Yoko)? And I was joking about her having him killed. She's probably to dumb to arrange such a thing anyway.

Kumbya my lord, kumbya...Oh brother, brother. Did you call upon John's message of peace, love, and tolerance when you decided to call me out for making a horrible statement? What other musicians and figures in the entertainment world do you hero-worship because they preach happy shiny messages that make you feel all tingly inside, when in actuallity their private lives don't always match up? John Lennon was a decent but flawed man (like all of us) who made some pretty !@#$in' good music, but a demi-god he was not.

Course, that probably went over your head, brother.

P.S. On a serious note, what in the ever-lovin hell is your avatar anyway?

152356[/snapback]

In honor of the man and his legacy let's just make peace over the whole issue.

The avatar is a painting by Rich Gaiti entitled "The Last Buffalo." You can view it and some other of his great work here: Artwork