Lost in all the comotion

The Guy

With all the gloom and doom on this board has anybody noticed Steve Johnson is a pretty good receiver?

Some people on this board think that Steve Johnson is to slow and drops the ball in critical situations. I on the other hand, think that him and David Nelson could be our future receivers with Lee Evans. Steve has had some nice grabs, but only the future will tell if he is the real deal. 4 touchdowns is great this early in the year.

Edited by b stein 22

Johnson is young and makes some stupid mistakes, but he has some potential for sure. I just want to see him playing a little more level-headed. He doesn't need to cost his team with stupid penalties, and he should act like a pro.

Nelson I feel has a lot of potential. The Bills are lucky to have scooped him up from what I've seen of him.

With all the gloom and doom on this board has anybody noticed Steve Johnson is a pretty good receiver?

I just want to keep seeing more of Steve Johnson and Nelson and see what these two can do with more experience. I wouldn't mind Nelson getting a little more playing time though.

I like that someone noticed Johnson. Even if he just becomes another Justin Armour, we could always use that type of guy!

Justin Armour, a blast from the past. He and Stenstrom sure looked good in college. Here's to hoping Johnson and Nelson turn into something worth talking about.

Very good game in a losing cause for Johnson and it is truly something a Bills fan can be hopeful about!

However! Before we get our panties up in a wad with a declaration we have found our #2 WRm remember that this one productive game basically doubled his season torals, A chunk of it came during garbage time when coverage was lose and even more skewed than normal toward stopping the HR to Evans and though the game notebook had him haul in a record for him of 5 passes they had him be the target of 6 throws at least one of them was the bad droppsie cited by others,

One good game may simply be an isolated episode, Even two good games might be a coincidence. We would need to see stellar performance in at least 3 games before we declare this a trend.

This is particularly true when last season saw downturns for Johnson in catches, yards and appearances.

I hope he does turn into a reliable productive WR but he has a long way to go before he is clearly a competent #2 WR who makes Evans a better receiver because Johnson's play make it impossible to dt Evans.

Very good game in a losing cause for Johnson and it is truly something a Bills fan can be hopeful about!

However! Before we get our panties up in a wad with a declaration we have found our #2 WRm remember that this one productive game basically doubled his season torals, A chunk of it came during garbage time when coverage was lose and even more skewed than normal toward stopping the HR to Evans and though the game notebook had him haul in a record for him of 5 passes they had him be the target of 6 throws at least one of them was the bad droppsie cited by others,

One good game may simply be an isolated episode, Even two good games might be a coincidence. We would need to see stellar performance in at least 3 games before we declare this a trend.

This is particularly true when last season saw downturns for Johnson in catches, yards and appearances.

I hope he does turn into a reliable productive WR but he has a long way to go before he is clearly a competent #2 WR who makes Evans a better receiver because Johnson's play make it impossible to dt Evans.

Look Parish seems to be performing as well. He also looks like he has bulked up a little. I think our Skill position players are OK it is our lines that are horrendous.

I like Fitzpatrick too. He's a gamer. I know his flaws and maybe he makes mistakes but the guy plays with guts.

That's why he's the perfect #2. He can't carry a team like a franchise QB, but he can keep a decent team in the game long enough to win. Unfortunately, the rest of the roster makes this a bad team, not a decent team, so the Ls continue to pile up. I'd like to see Fitzpatrick stay here for another decade, just not as the starter. The fact that he's so smart makes him a great mentor to a franchise QB. It would be great for Fitzpatrick to be the next Frank Reich to the franchise's next Jim Kelly.

He is starting to show some promise. Fitz and Stevie certainly have some chemistry going and it is at least something to feel good about this season so far.

He is starting to show some promise. Fitz and Stevie certainly have some chemistry going and it is at least something to feel good about this season so far.

I hope the chemistry you speak of doesn't balloon Stevie's stats too much. I can see it now, he ends up with 50 catches and 8TDs and we offer him (a 3rd or 4th WR on a lot teams) a 5yr 25mil extension. I know most people don't want to hear this, but he is the ultimate garabge time "stat-collector." He drops balls early, and makes catches late when defenses are playing a soft prevent. A real test of the new FO will be to see how they treat his inflated stats when they go about re-signing him.

I wonder if that chemistry has anything to do with... DIABEETUS!

Haha one can only hope....

I hope the chemistry you speak of doesn't balloon Stevie's stats too much. I can see it now, he ends up with 50 catches and 8TDs and we offer him (a 3rd or 4th WR on a lot teams) a 5yr 25mil extension. I know most people don't want to hear this, but he is the ultimate garabge time "stat-collector." He drops balls early, and makes catches late when defenses are playing a soft prevent. A real test of the new FO will be to see how they treat his inflated stats when they go about re-signing him.

I agree you have to take his stats with a grain of salt, but I think you're discrediting him too much. Regardless how many other young players on the team are making any kinda of impact? Take away half his touchdowns and he still has more then Lee Evans our million dollar man. I look at it as a bright spot in a dismal season, but by no means am declaring him the next coming of Jerry Rice.

I just find it interesting how when Edwards was the QB it was "nobody is open" now that Fiz is playing QB magically the balls ARE getting to the receivers....

If only he wasn't so damn inconsistant with his accuracy......I almost like Fitz as our QB it it was not for that.

I am perfectly happy with the receivers we have right now in Evans, Johnson, and Nelson......what we REALLY need is a big blocking TE who can actually get open.....like I have said before I would find a way to pry that TE away from the packers....how good would this team look if we had him?

To me that is a draft priority....not with the first pick but definately first day

Haha one can only hope....

I agree you have to take his stats with a grain of salt, but I think you're discrediting him too much. Regardless how many other young players on the team are making any kinda of impact? Take away half his touchdowns and he still has more then Lee Evans our million dollar man. I look at it as a bright spot in a dismal season, but by no means am declaring him the next coming of Jerry Rice.

None, you're right on there.

I'm not exactly hating on him, I guess I'm just cautiously optimistic on him at this point. I didn't mean to imply you were doing so. I just hope the FO doesn't slap a Kelsay extension on him quite yet.

None, you're right on there.

I'm not exactly hating on him, I guess I'm just cautiously optimistic on him at this point. I didn't mean to imply you were doing so. I just hope the FO doesn't slap a Kelsay extension on him quite yet.

I gotcha the history of questionable contract extensions will cause that.