For Out of Town Bills Fans

Metal Man

I was in Elba and the game was blacked out sunday. My mother is 95 and couldn't make the game so we had to miss it. Something wrong with that? We both watched the scores posted every minute. All my friends outside Albany where I live feel bad for us. You don't kick a friend when they are down. I believe this management team has a plan and they will do good in two years. I hope my mother is still able to root for them than. It is really bad when an elderly person, who has no opportunity to attend games anymore, can't watch our team who they have supported for ever. Go Bill's. Be POSITIVE.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad that my kids who are 16 to 23 haven't been able to tell any of their friends here in New Hampshire, "who's your daddy now", for the last seven years with the Patsies*. At least I don't have any danger of any of my kids becoming NE* fans even though I left Buffalo before they were born. They hate the Pats* as much as I do.

When you read the posts on this thread you can only say again what an amazing thing it is to be a Bills fan. It surpasses anything in pro sports (some college sports allegiances are also pretty strong).

I don't worry about what these Patsie* fans think here about my Bills allegiance. I think at this point most are pretty impressed because they know, and I know, and the whole world knows, they would NEVER have the same loyalty to the Pats* under bad times. They are fair weather fans. Now with the Red Sox it is a little different.

I got to work yesterday and somebody thought it would be funny to put a paper bag with holes cut out of the eyes and the words "Poor Bills Fan" with a little tear drop drawn on under one of the eyes... :thumbdown: I assume it was a Jets or Giants fan. Still, it ALWAYS burn their asses when you point out that they make their home in New Jersey.

I was in Elba and the game was blacked out sunday. My mother is 95 and couldn't make the game so we had to miss it. Something wrong with that? We both watched the scores posted every minute. All my friends outside Albany where I live feel bad for us. You don't kick a friend when they are down. I believe this management team has a plan and they will do good in two years. I hope my mother is still able to root for them than. It is really bad when an elderly person, who has no opportunity to attend games anymore, can't watch our team who they have supported for ever. Go Bill's. Be POSITIVE.

Goddam right there is.

This has been a longstanding argument of mine against blackouts, particularly in instances where teams reap the benefit of local and state subsidies through our taxes.

As a Bills fan from the OJ era and originally from Rochester, I have suffered through a great many years of "abuse turned sympathy" from other fans. As a military career person I was exposed to most of the teams west of the Mississippi and still bled Red, White and Buffalo Blue, (whatever shade it happened to be at the time). I live in VA with about 1 or 6 other Bills fans. Haha. I am not a fair weather wishy washy fan. I proudly wear my Bills gear whereever and whenever I can. Being a lifelong fan, I could never support another team with a clear conscience. Never a day goes by that I don't look for a little "divine" intervention to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I have faith the Bills will turn it around. GO Bills!!!!!!

I've been out here in Boston for a little over 10 years now (that number can't just be a coincidence). Over the last couple seasons, people stopped saying anything. They could not care any less about Bills fans around here anymore.

I've ben in New England for 17 years and the chowderheads here can be insufferable. And there's nothing to do but acknowledge that the Bills are bad. But I remind them that someday those who are last will someday be first. It has happened before and will happen again. All we have to do is live long enough to see it. Then I can tell them all to go *%#% in their hat.

Personally, the most embarrassing thing for me is that nobody roots against us. I have friends who are Dolphins, Patriots, packers, Broncoes, Jets, and a ton of other teams fans. None of them dislike us. It's almost like we're the nonthreatening friend of the whole entire league.

I totally agree. I live in Las Vegas and it is the same way here.

I thought people gave up making fun of Bills fans years ago. What's the point?

People usually just say things like "oh wow, good for you for sticking with them all these years!" like I was doing volunteer work with handicapped people.

I thought people gave up making fun of Bills fans years ago. What's the point?

People usually just say things like "oh wow, good for you for sticking with them all these years!" like I was doing volunteer work with handicapped people.

That's because you are.

Metal - Who are all these Jets and Giants fans in Liverpool that you speak of?

I'm from Syracuse and in Syracuse there's die-hard Bills fans who usually attend Buffalo Bills home games and then there's the band wagon fans from all the other teams. You know, the fans that only watch their teams on television.

Edited by PearlHowardman

Personally, the most embarrassing thing for me is that nobody roots against us. I have friends who are Dolphins, Patriots, packers, Broncoes, Jets, and a ton of other teams fans. None of them dislike us. It's almost like we're the nonthreatening friend of the whole entire league.

I too don't root AGAINST you guys!! In fact,I now root FOR you( maybe that's the problem )guys because of my friensdhip with

Aussiew.

On behalf of Aussiew...she dresses in her Bills gear each Friday in her office in the Dallas area. She is true to her team. The Cowboy fans in her office do make remarks but they only BOTHER to wear their gear when the Cowboys are doing well. And as of now their team is NOT so Aussiew is the ONLY one in her Dallas office that supports her team 100%!!

That is true.

When we had great teams it was fun listening to people trying to knock us off. No one follows the Bills or cares about them. Last week in Florida I ran into an old friend and all he said about the Bills was "what is going on up there?".

You want to try being a fan of a minority sport, AND a Bills fan, here in Scotland .Not many people watch the NFL , but here I am .Tryin' to play the sport and support MY Bills ,ain't easy. Though the drink , you guys , and this forum helps. KEEP THE FAITH. The alternative is SOCCER!!!

Metal - Who are all these Jets and Giants fans in Liverpool that you speak of?

I'm from Syracuse and in Syracuse there's die-hard Bills fans who usually attend Buffalo Bills home games and then there's the band wagon fans from all the other teams. You know, the fans that only watch their teams on television.

There are a couple Giants fans I know in the Syracuse area, but I work in Rome and that is where the majority of the people I am talking about are coming from.

I know Syracuse is considered a Bills town, but the few times I have gone out to bars to watch games it seems like there are more fans of all sorts of other random teams. This could be because Bills fans can just watch the games at home but it is an observation worth noting because going out to watch the games in Buffalo bars is a lot different.