Ron McDole stole my Cleats

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left out one important note,

I was in my second year and told Ron McDole before the game that I was glad my rookie season was OVER! You get a lot of pranks from players when you are a rookie.

SO,THE SHOE INCIDENT!!!

Well, I did get even...... I stapled his jersey to a wooden hanger....lol

I would guess 30 staples

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Are you Dudley Meredith?

I'm quite sure the Dudley Meredith is now deceased. The only reason I know the name is that he rented an apartment down the street from me (in Lackawanna, no less - how times have changed)....I remember him being in my living room (I believe it was Halloween for some reason) and he was such a good guy - just talking football with my Dad and I (I was born in '62, so I was probably 7-8 years old).

I was in my second year and told Ron McDole before the game that I was glad my rookie season was OVER! You get a lot of pranks from players when you are a rookie.

SO,THE SHOE INCIDENT!!!

I would guess 30 staples

Sweet! :worthy:

SO,THE SHOE INCIDENT!!!

I would guess 30 staples

If you get the chance, read Freddy Smerlas's book, if it's not out of print by now. Freddy and Haslett were geniuses at pranks. According to the book, THEY were playing pranks on the vetrans as rookies!

I'm quite sure the Dudley Meredith is now deceased. The only reason I know the name is that he rented an apartment down the street from me (in Lackawanna, no less - how times have changed)....I remember him being in my living room (I believe it was Halloween for some reason) and he was such a good guy - just talking football with my Dad and I (I was born in '62, so I was probably 7-8 years old).

Wow, I looked him up after I was told he died in '87. He only played with the Bills until mid-1968 season, so I was somewhere between 4-6 when I knew him......I went to my first Bills game in '68 when I was 6 and I remember seeing Dudley there. I just didn't realize that was his last year with the team - or part of the year.

I was about 4 when Ron McDole moved into the house a few doors down from us on Grand Island. I just remember he was really big, and my Dad told me that's because he's a football player for the Buffalo Bills. I remember asking "what's football?". My first introduction to the game ensued. After that I started watching some of the games, learning rules, etc. For a kid, it was pretty neat, like we had a celebrity in the neighborhood.

Die Hard: Did you ever have a holding penalty nullify a Haven Moses TD against Cincy? Just askin' because I saw a reference to such in Abramoski's book (edit: oops, wrong book -- I mean Rockin the Rockpile)

Oh, I should ask a more positive question -- did you help to set up the 1st score against the Broncos by returning a blocked field goal attempt?

Edited by ChasBB

Check with Another Point of View, we watched the game together last Sunday.

AND, he has Pictures

Die Hard, If you don't soon tell us who you really are I will arrange for the authorities to kidnap you and have you sent to Guantonamo. You will then be waterboarded until you are at the point of insanity. If you don't relent with this anonymity non-sense you will find yourself on board a military flight with your hands and legs shackled.

If you prefer you can e-mail me with your true identity. I promise you I won't tell anyone what it is. You can trust me. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

Die Hard, If you don't soon tell us who you really are I will arrange for the authorities to kidnap you and have you sent to Guantonamo. You will then be waterboarded until you are at the point of insanity. If you don't relent with this anonymity non-sense you will find yourself on board a military flight with your hands and legs shackled.

If you prefer you can e-mail me with your true identity. I promise you I won't tell anyone what it is. You can trust me. :thumbsup:

I have a picture and only the real old fans will recognize him (lol)

Sorry Die