Who wouldnt you cut?

billsfan_34

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so stupid...so you are saying cut everyone but these guys and fill the 40 other roster spots with guys on the practice squad and scrubs not signed to any other teams? This is your solution to get better? Dam, this board comes up with some of the dumbest things...worse yet, so many others are feeding into it...

Don't like to agree with you, but this is 100% accurate.

QB - Fitzpatrick, Brohm (until he actually plays and we get confirmation that he sucks)

RB/FB - Spiller, Jackson, McIntyre. Also, I wouldn't go out of my way to cut Andre Anderson, but I wouldn't be specifically inclined to keep him.

WR - Evans, Steve Johnson, Parrish, David Nelson

TE - Shawn Nelson

OL - Bell (still has upside), Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Wang (until he actually plays), maybe Howard & Urbik

DE - Stroud (although I'd try to trade him if we're going to keep playing him at end - he looks terrible), Carrington, Spencer Johnson, maybe Dwan Edwards (has been terrible as a Bill so far, but a good history with Baltimore)

NT - Williams, Troup

LB - Poz, Andra Davis, Moats, Coleman, maybe Torbor & Ayodele

CB - McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner. Honestly, these guys are not the problem. Same w/ safeties.

S - Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Scott

Special Teams - All 3 are solid. Moorman's showing his age a bit, but he's still well above average.

Offense Lee evans, Roscoe Parrish, steve johnson, Fitz, wood, levitre, Fred JAckson, Spiller, Bell, David Nelson,

Defense Dwan Edwards, Marcus Stroud, Troup, Poz, Kyle williams, McKelvin, McGee, Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Florence, and 2010 rookies 3-5 rounds.

I forgot Byrd!!! I dont know about McKelvin...hes been horrible in coverage.

McKelvin can't play zone but he will learn. One on one coverage he's very good.

On Offense I would keep LeVitre-Wood-Urbik Jackson-Spiller-Evans-Johnson-Nelson

On Defense I would keep Williams--Stroud-- McKelvin--McGee--Byrd--Wilson

Moorman---Lindell

Possibly Roscoe but only as a 4th or 5th receiver and punt returner

QB - Fitzpatrick, Brohm (until he actually plays and we get confirmation that he sucks)

RB/FB - Spiller, Jackson, McIntyre. Also, I wouldn't go out of my way to cut Andre Anderson, but I wouldn't be specifically inclined to keep him.

TE - Shawn Nelson

OL - Bell (still has upside), Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Wang (until he actually plays), maybe Howard & Urbik

DE - Stroud (although I'd try to trade him if we're going to keep playing him at end - he looks terrible), Carrington, Spencer Johnson, maybe Dwan Edwards (has been terrible as a Bill so far, but a good history with Baltimore)

NT - Williams, Troup

CB - McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner. Honestly, these guys are not the problem. Same w/ safeties.

Special Teams - All 3 are solid. Moorman's showing his age a bit, but he's still well above average.

This +1

Football is such a team sport. With the addition of a few elite players everyone else will look so much better because they are no longer the biggest threats other teams gameplan against. It's not a coincidence that players like Coy Wire and Jim Leonhard suddenly seem to be better players when they are on teams with better talent around them. Our team is very far away from competing and yet at the same time, if we find say 5 really good mature players maybe 1 or 2 elite, we suddenly could be that team that shifts from the terrible 0-5 to a 4-1 right now.

I forgot Byrd!!! I dont know about McKelvin...hes been horrible in coverage.

I think McKelvin will have a better NFL future than Byrd, at this point. Despite the gazillion int's last year, Byrd has been fairly unimpressive in my opinion. Not necessarily awful, just nothing special. Without the picks, he is average at best. McKelvin has been one of the few bright spots thus far, in 2010.

Of course, I am sure the OP knows this, but there is a huge difference between saying "who would you cut" and "who would you keep". Cutting a player indicates that you see no value in them, whatsoever, and assume that no other NFL team would have any interest in them. Most NFL coaches think they can coach better than the rest, and can fix any player that another team views as a bust. The Bills roster is chocked full of promising young players that Dick Jauron and staff couldn't get any improvement out of. I haven't given up on Gailey yet, but some of these guys are bad, because they are in a bad situation. The Bills track record of developing talent is atrocious over the last 5 or 6 years. Players have been more likely to regress than progress on the Bills roster.

TE - Shawn Nelson

NT - Williams, Troup

So basically... you'd keep the entire team... the team that is 0-5 currently and on its way to 0-16.

This makes no sense.

-----

Personally, I'd consider absolutely no one to be safe on this team.

Cut anyone who doesn't have trade value. Trade everyone else.

Start from scratch.

There are absolutely no decent players on this team, and the ones that are decent don't bother to show it.

This is so stupid...so you are saying cut everyone but these guys and fill the 40 other roster spots with guys on the practice squad and scrubs not signed to any other teams? This is your solution to get better? Dam, this board comes up with some of the dumbest things...worse yet, so many others are feeding into it...

I bet this statement filling the team with low priced players is going to be pretty accurate.

This is preposterous. There's way more guys that you keep. Doesn't mean they are great players, but there's way more you don't put on a list of potential guys you move on without.

How about: Carrington, Wang, Hangartner, Easley, Poz, Davis, Stupar, Stevie Johnson, Howard, Batten, Mcintyre, Urbik, Bell, Torbor, Ellison, and several others.

You don't get rid of certain veteren's, your best special teams players, your developing players, and your depth. I can't believe you think every other player that's not on your little list is expendable.

OK when your team sucks like ours, many are "expendable" Keith ellison is too small....I dont care if he gives depth, he only gives depth because we are awful...I am pretty sure 31 other teams he wouldnt be on. Thats one example of many. Batten....really? Bell....wow, hes a revolving door at LT and cant run block to save his life. Poz....YUCK!!!! Horiible is he....Maybe Easley, I give you that. Stevie Johnson, well hes done ok, maybe a backup, but drops lots of easy balls...this isnt the kind of team I want. Anyways, Have a nice night!

DaGimp said it best in an earlier thread I started....so I fiured this warranted its own thread. If you were GM/coach....who would you NOT CUT??? Heres mine...im interested to hear who you think is worthy of staying!!!

Levitre, Evans, Jackson, Parrish, Shawn Nelson, David Nelson, Spiller, Fitzpatrick, and Wood.

Troup, Stroud, K. Williams, Edwards, Moats, Florence, Wlson, McGee, and Scott.

Moorman and Lindell

NOTE....just one LB!!!

Trade Evans for a draft pick - the rest i agree on - add Poz, Mckelvin, Byrd, Alex Carrington, Steve Johnson,(The long snapper - is it Sanborn?) Easley , & Batten (cause of the injury thing)

I'd still be willing to see what Brohm has too he's relatively unproven either way !! Whitner & Yabody(depth Players only) Spencer Johnson (good depth player)

There's more of the younger unprovens that i would give a chance to see what they bring to the table -- Urbick, the other line man just brought up Montros ?

Edited by T master

A lot of these reply's are great reasons why no on in this fan base are employed in any way , shape , or form (except possible janitorial positions) by the NFL !!!!!!

GO BILLS !!!!

I am pretty sure I am employed...and getting ready to retire at the age of 39! Kinda sad how people just wanna cheap shot everyone on this board. The real reason I started this thread is we are so awful this year and years past that I figured this would be fun. Any reasonable person knows that cutting 80 percent of your team isnt possible, however it does point to just how bad we are when most wouldnt even be on other teams practice squad.

I dont know about McKelvin...hes been horrible in coverage.

And McKelvin has been horrible this year? Besides that one play vs. Braylon Edwards, the guy has been awesome.

I must respectfully disagree w/ your take on McKelvin, billsfan 34. Like Metz said, he has been pretty solid in coverage this season w/ the exception of getting beat on the out and up by Edwards.

Here's my take on his play from Week 1:

The secondary continued to show why they're the strength of the team. They could use a bit better judgment from Donte Whitner (still gets fooled too easily and gets out of position) and Drayton Florence (aggressive to a fault @ times), but overall, these guys did a solid job. Brandon Marshall did not go off on the Bills, in large part due to the job Terrence McGee and Leodis McKelvin (yes, William, THAT Leodis McKelvin!) did on 'em. I thought McKelvin was the best player on the team last Sunday. He may be getting it, which only makes this unit stronger.

I must respectfully disagree w/ your take on McKelvin, billsfan 34. Like Metz said, he has been pretty solid in coverage this season w/ the exception of getting beat on the out and up by Edwards.

Here's my take on his play from Week 1:

Great point, thanks for your insight :thumbsup: