The Let's Get Rid of Fitzpatrick talk begins on here...

I find you guys hilarious,3/4 of the board wants a new quarterback, 1/4 wants to stick with Fitzpatrick even though the season is basically over. So I suppose we just sit Brohm then pass on Luck because we have Brohm still on the roster.

Guys, your brain is fried!

But what if Fitzpatrick is the guy, what if he plays at a high level throughout this season? You don't know that he won't, and maybe he will. The guy is 27 and has not played that much. And he's getting better looks to have even more upside possibly. So your argument falls apart, as we need to see what RF has now--he's earned that and it is in the best interest of the team.

You may be one who thinks 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13... are acceptable, realistic, the best thing for the team.

I still have hope that this could become a good team, this year, as the offense is improving. They don't have the players to play the 3-4, too many are playing out of position (--Kelsay as a linebacker!?), and may need a new defensive coach soon. Bruce Dehaven needs to do better, needs his players to play smarter--only saw pieces of the game, but it seemed like those long kick returns were key. But one part of the team looked better.

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't bet on the Bills becoming good this year! But I know if they get better now, they are improving, that they will be more likely to have a good year next year.

Playing well this year is in the best interest of this team. If that is not the Bills mentality as well, this won't just be a long year, but another long decade.

Edited by Mister Defense

We have so few positions filled on this team- one of them is long term backup QB, of which Fitzpatrick is one of the top 2 or 3 in the NFL.

I still like Fitzpatrick, I simply want another look at this former highly regarded QB.

Man, when you get these guys you have to play them sometime. What if Buffalo does trade Lee, then you would audition Brohm without your best receiver.

Edited by Another Point of View

I was at the game yesterday and I was cheering for Fitz, but he threw a boubce pass for christsakes. His accuracy is not too hot to say the least.

They got two weeks to prepare for the next game, put Brohm in there and see what he can do. Now is the time, I don't think we are going to go 11-0 and make the playoffs.

Another thing, CJ Spiller doesn't seem to be able to read the holes.

Anybody see the naked guy in the parking lot, what a nitwit. Haven't seen a naked person in the stadium parking lot since early 90's dead show.

This was in broad daylight.

I was at the game yesterday and I was cheering for Fitz, but he threw a boubce pass for christsakes. His accuracy is not too hot to say the least.

They got two weeks to prepare for the next game, put Brohm in there and see what he can do. Now is the time, I don't think we are going to go 11-0 and make the playoffs.

Another thing, CJ Spiller doesn't seem to be able to read the holes.

Anybody see the naked guy in the parking lot, what a nitwit. Haven't seen a naked person in the stadium parking lot since early 90's dead show.

This was in broad daylight.

I remember O.J. Simpson in his first season in Buffalo. The Juice had so much natural talent he thought he could just out run everyone. In his second year he follwed his blocks and Buffalo made better use of his skills by pulling guards on sweeps, he quickly became the best RB in the league. I am not comparing O.J. to C.J. ,they both had the same problem as rookies.

Imagine, if Trent had started that game for the Bills. I predict, the final would have been Jacksonville 27, Bills 6

Okay, the guy is gone, he is riding on the bench behind David Garrard and the only time the camera was on him he had his hands in his collar looking about as into the game as he did when he started in Buffalo and his haircut is ridiculous. Can we please just lay off this guy now before he cuts himself and starts listening to My Chemical Romance? :lol:

Thank you for the logic and true football insight. This is rare on here these days. This is the only reason I would sit Fitz. We do need to know what we have in Brohm. I do however believe that George Edwards is the primary problem right now. He may be a great linebackers coach but I don't think he was prepared to be a "D" coordinator yet. Is there any expierenced "D" coordinators not coaching right now. Maybe we could demote Edwards to linebackers coach with us and bring someone in to fix this mess.

I started to think it was coaching but now I really don't know. There's been enough talk over the last couple years about players not executing, coaching is not the problem etc. Now you hear it some more this year and I wonder if some players on this defense are just punching the timecard. Certainly part of it is the talent level of the defense but I suspect there's more to it than that. We'll see.

I was at the game yesterday. I am a big Fitz fan. I have to say, great start but i was a little disappointed in his overall performance. I guess i expect more of him than I ever did of Trent. During the late 2nd Qtr and late 3rd when the Bills REALLY needed to stem the tide and string together a good drive he couldn't do it and had a couple errant throws. I was a little more hopeful. Overall he's a huge upgrade over Edwards of course and he actually has some fantasy football value (which you could not say about many recent Bills QB's). I will say the Bills had better draft a QB at their #1 spot though. Fitz can help develop the guy, but they do need to bring someone in who is the next "franchise" QB.

Is it possible that TE was so bad, and held the team back so much, that even a back up QB looks good to us? I just can't help but see the quick pass to Roscoe yesterday that sailed 20 feet over his head as a true indicator. Not to mention the one that was bounced passed to him. Even on the completed passes the receivers are made to adjust enough that it slows them down. I will give Fitz credit though that bomb to Evans was in prefect stride. I would like to see if Brohm can perform as well if not better. Fitz kind of reminds me of Farve on a off day.

What i really get from watching Fitz is he may not be the bet starting QB, he is serviceable. If the Bills think there is a better pick at OL or DL with their first. Lock Fitzy up for a few years, bite on a QB the following year/do what it takes to get your guy down the road. Its not like getting a QB next year is a make or break.

yes, and one step further it is suicide to toss a rookie QB in the mix as the full time starter. We should be trying to emulate the Green bay model and let the rookie learn behind a vet for a couple seasons. Fitz is pretty good--not super bowl good; but, if the defense ever starts to remember they are on a football team we are looking at some wins.

I have been a big Fitzpatrick fan since before he was a Bill. Whatever top 5 pick we have next year, be it #1 or something a little lower, we need to take Best Player Available.

If that is a QB - if there is one that is so cannot missing like a Peyton Manning / Drew Brees type, then fine. But please please do not take a QB because (as some on this board say) "we won't get the #1 pick again". That type of thinking is where picks like Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are born from.

QB is far from the most lacking position on this team. We need OT badly, and we need pass rushers and competent D-linemen worse. Right now, I am not terribly convinced of the top QBs coming out being in that category. To me Mallett looks the best, followed by Luck, but neither appears to be top 3 material. Maybe top 5.

BPA is the way to go and continue to keep going. Fitzpatrick could lead this team if he had a better supporting cast and the defense came then any chance at all.

Good post, we definately need players on the DL and OL way more than QB. I thought Fitz looked pretty good yesterday all things considered. He did have those two perplexing errant throws, but other than that pretty good.

I started to think it was coaching but now I really don't know. There's been enough talk over the last couple years about players not executing, coaching is not the problem etc. Now you hear it some more this year and I wonder if some players on this defense are just punching the timecard. Certainly part of it is the talent level of the defense but I suspect there's more to it than that. We'll see.

We just need to look at the success Fewell is having as the Giants DC to tell us what a dearth of talent we have/had on the D side of the ball

I was at the game yesterday. I am a big Fitz fan. I have to say, great start but i was a little disappointed in his overall performance. I guess i expect more of him than I ever did of Trent. During the late 2nd Qtr and late 3rd when the Bills REALLY needed to stem the tide and string together a good drive he couldn't do it and had a couple errant throws. I was a little more hopeful. Overall he's a huge upgrade over Edwards of course and he actually has some fantasy football value (which you could not say about many recent Bills QB's). I will say the Bills had better draft a QB at their #1 spot though. Fitz can help develop the guy, but they do need to bring someone in who is the next "franchise" QB.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I remember O.J. Simpson in his first season in Buffalo. The Juice had so much natural talent he thought he could just out run everyone. In his second year he follwed his blocks and Buffalo made better use of his skills by pulling guards on sweeps, he quickly became the best RB in the league. I am not comparing O.J. to C.J. ,they both had the same problem as rookies.

Interestingly enough, Talley did make this comparison.

I think you were reading way to far into A Point OF View thread. He did not say dump the guy or give up on Fitzpatrick he simply said its time to look at the next prospect. Buffalo has a big decision to make in April and the Bills should play everyone.

Brohm is in the same class as Locker or Luck, has all the tools and you would think most of you would want another look in Buffalo,in a game that still means something.

To say you don't want a look at Brohm is like saying I don't want Luck either. Both have the same tools.

This not a benching of Ryan Fitzpatrick, he still has a shot at the starting role. This is looking at a player with high potenial. No different then playing Spiller from time to time over Freddy Jackson........

What about Mallett? I of all people know that raw skills are only a portion of what a qb needs, but this kid has more ability than I have seen in perhaps decades.