The Let's Get Rid of Fitzpatrick talk begins on here...

He has a 100 rating and has thrown 2 touchdown passes in each of his games--he looks like an NFL quarterback now via his arm accuracy, decision making, toughness, and leadership.

Yup, time to move on, time to weaken this team more. Maybe another 3rd round pick? 4th?

Why not Fitzpatrick? He looks good, doesn't look like a backup quarterback now.

If he keeps playing like this, the Bills will have found their quarterback of the future. This is something Bills fans should then rejoice in, as they can then address their fundamental line problems in the draft and free agency.

And he's 27, will keep improving.

Yup, time to move on, and begin the Brian Brohm/Levi Brown era.

The scary thing is, the Bills front office tends to do the same outrageous things those irrational posters on this board say to do. Like they are horrible video game players, trashing a 1/2 billion dollar team..

I agree that Fitzpatrick will get better if they keep developing him...So will Brohm. Unless Buddy and the gang are going to go out there and get #1 draft pick material for QB, and get a good O-Line, then Fitzpatrick will be better than the next 4th Rounder that will come through the revolving door on One Bills Drive. He's smart, his skill was shown yesterday at calling the audibles on the first TD. He needs some refinement, but other parts of the team are a whole lot worse.

I have been a big Fitzpatrick fan since before he was a Bill. Whatever top 5 pick we have next year, be it #1 or something a little lower, we need to take Best Player Available.

If that is a QB - if there is one that is so cannot missing like a Peyton Manning / Drew Brees type, then fine. But please please do not take a QB because (as some on this board say) "we won't get the #1 pick again". That type of thinking is where picks like Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are born from.

QB is far from the most lacking position on this team. We need OT badly, and we need pass rushers and competent D-linemen worse. Right now, I am not terribly convinced of the top QBs coming out being in that category. To me Mallett looks the best, followed by Luck, but neither appears to be top 3 material. Maybe top 5.

BPA is the way to go and continue to keep going. Fitzpatrick could lead this team if he had a better supporting cast and the defense came then any chance at all.

I have been a big Fitzpatrick fan since before he was a Bill. Whatever top 5 pick we have next year, be it #1 or something a little lower, we need to take Best Player Available.

If that is a QB - if there is one that is so cannot missing like a Peyton Manning / Drew Brees type, then fine. But please please do not take a QB because (as some on this board say) "we won't get the #1 pick again". That type of thinking is where picks like Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are born from.

QB is far from the most lacking position on this team. We need OT badly, and we need pass rushers and competent D-linemen worse. Right now, I am not terribly convinced of the top QBs coming out being in that category. To me Mallett looks the best, followed by Luck, but neither appears to be top 3 material. Maybe top 5.

BPA is the way to go and continue to keep going. Fitzpatrick could lead this team if he had a better supporting cast and the defense came then any chance at all.

Using Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell isn't telling the whole truth. Because there have been several instances where it has turned a franchise completely around. We all know who they are. So while I understand what you're saying, you have to pick one to get one. If you keep trying to get the 4th best QB in the draft and develop him, and that strategy is wrong then you're in the same spot anyway. You might as well just take the opportunity of getting the first one, and finally be able to choose which one you want out of all the choices. And you mock it in your post, but the reality is you might NOT ever get that chance again.

I agree that Fitzpatrick will get better if they keep developing him...So will Brohm. Unless Buddy and the gang are going to go out there and get #1 draft pick material for QB, and get a good O-Line, then Fitzpatrick will be better than the next 4th Rounder that will come through the revolving door on One Bills Drive. He's smart, his skill was shown yesterday at calling the audibles on the first TD. He needs some refinement, but other parts of the team are a whole lot worse.

Whether he gets good enough to stick with him next year remains to be seen. The more important thing is this: he's good enough that we can now sustain drives and begin the process of evaluating and improving the rest of the offensive talent. Would we have any idea what our young receivers could do if we still had Trent at the helm?

Building a cohesive offense for whoever inherits the QB job next season is far more important than getting a look at our 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks in action, guys other teams did not want. C'mon.

Fitzpatrick picked up a the bulk of his passing yardage in garbage time.

To point out his rating yesterday is not telling the whole tale.

When we were in the game, he took us out of it, by firing some of the most ridiculous looking passes I've ever seen.

He isn't the worst QB in the world, but to say he is "our guy" and celebrate his stat line is the completely incorrect way to look at what he has done. He cost us the NE game...we were only in it because of him, but he did cost us the win with his two picks.

Did he play against the Jets? I know he had a good rushing day, and that some passes were dropped, but there were some horrible throws that cost us drives early in the game.

His accuracy is not NFL caliber. He is smart, seems to be an guy with good character, and can make plays from time to time. I always asked why it was a foregone conclusion that he was only a backup QB, and I have to say that now I understand. Good backup? Yes, good starter? If you're not interested in making the playoffs for another decade, then you got it.

He has a 100 rating and has thrown 2 touchdown passes in each of his games--he looks like an NFL quarterback now via his arm accuracy, decision making, toughness, and leadership.

Yup, time to move on, time to weaken this team more. Maybe another 3rd round pick? 4th?

Why not Fitzpatrick? He looks good, doesn't look like a backup quarterback now.

If he keeps playing like this, the Bills will have found their quarterback of the future. This is something Bills fans should then rejoice in, as they can then address their fundamental line problems in the draft and free agency.

And he's 27, will keep improving.

Yup, time to move on, and begin the Brian Brohm/Levi Brown era.

The scary thing is, the Bills front office tends to do the same outrageous things those irrational posters on this board say to do. Like they are horrible video game players, trashing a 1/2 billion dollar team..

Edited by Another Point of View

I find you guys hilarious,3/4 of the board wants a new quarterback, 1/4 wants to stick with Fitzpatrick even though the season is basically over. So I suppose we just sit Brohm then pass on Luck because we have Brohm still on the roster.

Guys, your brain is fried!

Edited by Another Point of View

I think you were reading way to far into A Point OF View thread. He did not say dump the guy or give up on Fitzpatrick he simply said its time to look at the next prospect. Buffalo has a big decision to make in April and the Bills should play everyone.

Brohm is in the same class as Locker or Luck, has all the tools and you would think most of you would want another look in Buffalo,in a game that still means something.

To say you don't want a look at Brohm is like saying I don't want Luck either. Both have the same tools.

This not a benching of Ryan Fitzpatrick, he still has a shot at the starting role. This is looking at a player with high potenial. No different then playing Spiller from time to time over Freddy Jackson........

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

I think you were reading way to far into A Point OF View thread. He did not say dump the guy or give up on Fitzpatrick he simply said its time to look at the next prospect. Buffalo has a big decision to make in April and the Bills should play everyone.

Brohm is in the same class as Locker or Luck, has all the tools and you would think most of you would want another look in Buffalo,in a game that still means something.

To say you don't want a look at Brohm is like saying I don't want Luck either. Both have the same tools.

I thought you left the board.

This not a benching of Ryan Fitzpatrick, he still has a shot at the starting role. This is looking at a player with high potenial. No different then playing Spiller from time to time over Freddy Jackson........

Thank you for the logic and true football insight. This is rare on here these days. This is the only reason I would sit Fitz. We do need to know what we have in Brohm. I do however believe that George Edwards is the primary problem right now. He may be a great linebackers coach but I don't think he was prepared to be a "D" coordinator yet. Is there any expierenced "D" coordinators not coaching right now. Maybe we could demote Edwards to linebackers coach with us and bring someone in to fix this mess.

Edited by Lenigmusx

What i really get from watching Fitz is he may not be the bet starting QB, he is serviceable. If the Bills think there is a better pick at OL or DL with their first. Lock Fitzy up for a few years, bite on a QB the following year/do what it takes to get your guy down the road. Its not like getting a QB next year is a make or break.

Fitzpatrick picked up a the bulk of his passing yardage in garbage time.

To point out his rating yesterday is not telling the whole tale.

When we were in the game, he took us out of it, by firing some of the most ridiculous looking passes I've ever seen.

He isn't the worst QB in the world, but to say he is "our guy" and celebrate his stat line is the completely incorrect way to look at what he has done. He cost us the NE game...we were only in it because of him, but he did cost us the win with his two picks.

Did he play against the Jets? I know he had a good rushing day, and that some passes were dropped, but there were some horrible throws that cost us drives early in the game.

His accuracy is not NFL caliber. He is smart, seems to be an guy with good character, and can make plays from time to time. I always asked why it was a foregone conclusion that he was only a backup QB, and I have to say that now I understand. Good backup? Yes, good starter? If you're not interested in making the playoffs for another decade, then you got it.

Fitzpatrick had a 99 rating before garbage time in that game. Yes, in garbage time, he racked up a bunch more yards and his rating rose to 121. I was watching the box score on nfl.com at that point.

About three passes got away from him yesterday, which would happen to most NFL QBs that throw thirty or more times in a game.

I don't understand fans that want to get rid of the only players who are playing well on this team. This is how the team ends up in this position. You'd fit right in with the guys we've had in our front office for some time now. Sometimes I think Marv was on the board listening to you guys talking about how London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes stunk too...what you wouldn't give to him them back now, hmmm?

Nice going,maybe he will leave and nver come back.

Can't say I would blame him either.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass but I'm sure it came across that way. I was just asking because I remember when he left and this is the first I have seen him post since. Sorry.

Hi. :wub: