Its time to move on to Brian Brohm

Your not going to hear any Ryan Fitzpatrick bashing from me. We got a little more then expected in leaderhip and the guy gave it all. He is my choice for 2nd String and that is saying alot. He belongs here.

We have got to get an extented look at Brian Brohm and now is the time, I would also like to take a short look and Levi Brown.

Its the evaluation process before we invest in a drafted quarterback.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Your not going to hear any Ryan Fitzpatrick bashing from me. We got a little more then expected in leaderhip and the guy gave it all. He is my choice for 2nd String and that is saying alot. He belongs here.

We have got to get an extented look at Brian Brohm and now is the time, I would also like to take a short look and Levi Brown.

I'm not nearly as impressed as some of you folks with Ryan Fitzpatrick, footballs slipping out of his hand, one hopping balls, can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time and leading us in what, losing?

Its time to evaluate Brian Brohm...

I'm not nearly as impressed as some of you folks with Ryan Fitzpatrick, footballs slipping out of his hand, one hopping balls, can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time and leading us in what, losing?

Personally I think he was rattled on alot of his passes. I think he can improve AFTER we improve the O-Line.

Solid Backup but unless he can improve consistancy he will teeder between 2nd and 3rd string for his entire career.

i agree....but not til AFTER the Ravens game....don't make his first start against that defense.

Even tho Fitzpatricks numbers looked good....he threw horrible yesterday. His receivers made some great catches and on several balls Fitzpatrick wasn't even close. But at least he throws downfield.

Arent they getting a pretty good look at him in practice now that he's #2?

BB hasnt impressed anyone anywhere at any time since joining the NFL.

"now is not the time" to "give him a look" to use the cliches.

The team is fragile right now and the coaching staff isnt going to come switch QBs with Fitz playing well - yes fitz is playing well comparatively. No i dont think hes the answer either.

I for one will not be watching another game until Brohm is the QB. What else is there to look forward to, other than the draft?

Can he play defense?

The Fitzy experiment may have worked if we had a servicable o-line. We clearly do not. However, even when Fitz has time to throw, the ball gets away from him. He can put some serious velocity on the ball, but his accuracy is terrible.

If the coaching staff feels that Brohm is the long term answer, it is time to get him snaps beginning after the bye week.

If the coaching staff feels that Brohm is the long term answer, it is time to get him snaps beginning after the bye week.

Agreed, but IF and only IF they feel Brohm could be the guy going forward. Fitz = Brohm IMO, so i don't believe we'll be any worse off for the remainder of this season.

There are too many people screaming for a QB change just because the bills still haven't won with fitz in there. We'll, news flash, he doesn't play defense, so it's not really his fault.

Edited by zer0vette

yet you were infatuated with trent edwards and his 'poise'. this is laughable.

I am so tired of these nonsense bring on Brohm posts. I seriously have no idea why the love affair is there.

JC! This guy hits 66% of his passes and throws 3TDs without an interception. On at TSW is this grounds for a QB change. He should be #7 on our list of priorities.

Agree...what does this guy have, 5-6 TDs in the last 3 games. No his not great and no he is not the future and maybe you do play brohm at some point. However, if it is Fitzy for the rest of the year I am fine with that and I am also fine with signing him up for the next couple of years to be a brief starter and then back-up to our QB of the future.

Until Fitz struggles we will not see Brohm and there is no reason to put him in the lineup.

Lets see what he can do

the time is now

Nice cliches for sportswriters but you dont take out your QB who is playing well enough to win to "see" what a practice squad pickup can do.

If you think thats the proper move youve never been a leader in a locker room.

Arent they getting a pretty good look at him in practice now that he's #2?

BB hasnt impressed anyone anywhere at any time since joining the NFL.

"now is not the time" to "give him a look" to use the cliches.

The team is fragile right now and the coaching staff isnt going to come switch QBs with Fitz playing well - yes fitz is playing well comparatively. No i dont think hes the answer either.

We invested a lot of Time in Brohm, we need to see him in Action, then we can savely move on to a drafted QB's and I will be 100% behind the move.

I think Brohm will surprise you, he reads defenses well and he has that powerful arm.

We will have plenty of time to evaluate BB or anyone else during the next game that the Bills blowout their opponent :rolleyes: - so as to have less chance of running up the score or having some of our starters get hurt during our next big blowout win. :rolleyes:

Edited by LGB

I am so tired of these nonsense bring on Brohm posts. I seriously have no idea why the love affair is there.

Because the Brohm boys either saw him play at Louisville or they are delusional enough not to realize that 3 different coaching staffs have said by their actions the guy is not good enough to be the answer at QB & 31 GMs aren't competent enough to get a guy for the simple price of a waiver claim who they the Brohmers think has franchise QB potential.

The biggest joke is that they actually believe that until we see Brohm in a game with the 1st stringers, that we cannot possibly make a decision to draft or not a QB. They think because THEY haven't seen enough of Brohm, there's no way the coaches, who see him every day can properly evaluate Brohm.

So far the Brohm boys have been wrong every step of the way.

1st they told us he would be starting from opening day this season.

Then they told us Fitzpatrick would be cut & at worst be behind Brohm on the depth chart.

One guy, I don't even remember which one came up with projected starts for Brohm which, if attained, would have put him in the Pro Bowl.

They continue to throw purly speculative excuses & some absolute false statements in their defense of Brohm. The best one is that GB never waived him, because some are too ignorant about the NFL waiver & practice squad rules.

They have elevated Brohm to Bill Brasky status because they just don't want to admit that he may be so bad, that he would make Fitzpatrick look like a franchise QB.

The coaches, by not playing him are, in their eyes, incompetent. Well maybe they are, but they still may know already that Brohm is at best, a 3rd stringer on a decent team. Now we are so bad that at some point Brohm may start. But it is much more likely Brohm gets that chance just to see if he's worth re-signing as a backup, not in any hopes that he is a legitimate long term answer at starter.

Don't blame Brohm, he's just an innocent guy who just might not have the talent his fans think he has. Don't blame his fans, they have a disease called Marangitis. The cure is watching the guy start a few games and play his way completely out of the league. A cure to their Marangitis could be arriving soon.

I'm curious to see what Brohm can do as well, but I've done a complete 180 on how I felt about Fitzpatrick a month ago. I can't see pulling the guy right now. In the 3 games he's started this season he's completing 61% of his passes for 595 yds, 7 TD's/2 INT's (QB rating of 99.9). Our offense is averaging 23.3 ppg with Fitz under center. He definitely has a couple of "Fitz" moments here and there (ie the errant screen passes yesterday) but overall, this team's offense is playing well enough to win games. When is the last time we had a QB throw for 7 TD's over a 3 game stretch? Ironically, I think if Brohm came in and put up equal production as Fitzpatrick, we'd be happy to move forward with him as our starter.