Its time to move on to Brian Brohm

Man, what are you doing blogging, you obviously belong in a NFL GM chair. Last I checked, you actually have to play in real games to be evaluated. But it sounds like you have some evaluation formula that the league would love to know about. You can pick em before they play, based mostly on your evaluation of his supporters. I'm pretty sure there is no record book for practice. I am guessing there is a reason for that. And, last I checked, there has been alot more than one or two QB's, as well as other position players, that no one had confidence in until they showed there stuff come game time.......and have gone on to some fantastic careers. Did somebody named brohm whip you when you were little? Maybe just bully you a little? Its also nice how you assign every brohm fan / supporter, with every positive comment that anyone has ever made about the guy. If one guy said it, they all said it. Put down the joint. You heard Chan, "we want to work with Brohm", which means, he has seen something in him, hed like to see where it goes. Again, its just a guess, but I am thinking Chan is smarter than you. If not, please forward your resume to the front office. What people are saying about Fitz....is they have already seen what he can do, even though he is doing ok, they are not sure he has what it takes to win games. Thats pretty simple. And if the GM job doesnt work, a Psychology job will surely be waiting for you as all can see your a master of human Psychology as evidenced by your professional analysis: "They have elevated Brohm to Bill Brasky status because they just don't want to admit that he may be so bad, that he would make Fitzpatrick look like a franchise QB".....you got us man, your right on top of that one.......thats why we all like brohm, because we all actually think he is so bad, that it will make Fitz look like a franchise QB. Wow.

Nice 7th post! :thumbsup: Some guys make you want to reach through the screen and choke the hell out of them, don't they?!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no disdain for Brohm. It's his moronic fans, like YOU, who I have the disdain for. So to call me a Brohm hater is totally wrong. I'm a BROHM FAN hater. I have nothing against the player who is trying his best with the limited talent that he has.

Why am I a Brohm Fan hater? Here's why:

All off season I've been told he would be starting opening day. WRONG

All off season I've heard a million & 1 bogus excuses as to why Brohm failed. BS

All preseason I heard Fitz was going to be cut & was lower on the depth chart than Brohm. WRONG

So blah blah blah go the Brohm Fans & they haven't been right once, except maybe the ones who were right he'd beat out the even more untalented Levi Brown and Trent Edwards.

By the way, I didn't start this thread-A Brohm Fan repeating all the BS I've already heard did.

fixed

(and, btw, Brohm hasn't failed - because he hasn't played yet! :wallbash: )

Edited by The Senator

So what you re saying is we have our #1, we don't need to draft a new quarterback and Brohm will be just fine as our #2? :oops:

I have no idea how you got that out of what he wrote except by willfully misreading it.

Man, what are you doing blogging, you obviously belong in a NFL GM chair. Last I checked, you actually have to play in real games to be evaluated. But it sounds like you have some evaluation formula that the league would love to know about. You can pick em before they play, based mostly on your evaluation of his supporters. I'm pretty sure there is no record book for practice. I am guessing there is a reason for that. And, last I checked, there has been alot more than one or two QB's, as well as other position players, that no one had confidence in until they showed there stuff come game time.......and have gone on to some fantastic careers. Did somebody named brohm whip you when you were little? Maybe just bully you a little? Its also nice how you assign every brohm fan / supporter, with every positive comment that anyone has ever made about the guy. If one guy said it, they all said it. Put down the joint. You heard Chan, "we want to work with Brohm", which means, he has seen something in him, hed like to see where it goes. Again, its just a guess, but I am thinking Chan is smarter than you. If not, please forward your resume to the front office. What people are saying about Fitz....is they have already seen what he can do, even though he is doing ok, they are not sure he has what it takes to win games. Thats pretty simple. And if the GM job doesnt work, a Psychology job will surely be waiting for you as all can see your a master of human Psychology as evidenced by your professional analysis: "They have elevated Brohm to Bill Brasky status because they just don't want to admit that he may be so bad, that he would make Fitzpatrick look like a franchise QB".....you got us man, your right on top of that one.......thats why we all like brohm, because we all actually think he is so bad, that it will make Fitz look like a franchise QB. Wow.

Wow, you bag on me for agreeing with the REAL GMs. The real GMs are the ones who let Brohm sail through waivers September 2009. I trust their judgement a lot better than your's.

What is truly amazing is all you Brohm morons say we need to see him play-Total nonsense. QBs and position players are cut every day, never starting in the NFL. What makes Brohm so special that the NFL needs to see him start? We've cut plenty of QBs over the years who haven't started. But you and your Brohm friends HAVE to see him play.

I'll go on the side of the PROFESSIONALS, who let Brohm go, not some fool with 7 posts.

Wow, you bag on me for agreeing with the REAL GMs. The real GMs are the ones who let Brohm sail through waivers September 2009. I trust their judgement a lot better than your's.

What is truly amazing is all you Brohm morons say we need to see him play-Total nonsense. QBs and position players are cut every day, never starting in the NFL. What makes Brohm so special that the NFL needs to see him start? We've cut plenty of QBs over the years who haven't started. But you and your Brohm friends HAVE to see him play.

I'll go on the side of the PROFESSIONALS, who let Brohm go, not some fool with 7 posts.

The PROFESSIONALS on the Bills still have him on the team, and promoted him to second string. Let's not let this get in the way of our little crusade though.

fixed

(and, btw, Brohm hasn't failed - because he hasn't played yet! :wallbash: )

Not sure what team you're watching. I've seen him play in a regular season game and 2 pre season games. You can see for yourself by watching the video here: http://www.nfl.com/players/brianbrohm/profile?id=BRO095850

Edited by reddogblitz

I tend to agree with your overall point that the odds of Brohm turning into a franchise QB are very slim. I personally would like to see the Bills use their first round pick on a QB in 2011, assuming there's a guy worth taking with our pick.

But that said, I'd like to take a closer look at the whole NFL GMs' angle. Had Brohm come out after his junior year, he likely would have been a top 10 pick. His draft stock dropped a little during his senior season, but he was still picked very early in the second round. So that sounds like potential!

During Brohm's rookie year, GMs across the league were able to see how the rookie player did in his first preseason. I don't know how much of a data point that is, because you'd expect a rookie quarterback to look lousy in that first preseason. Their next opportunity to gather information about Brohm was in his second preseason--where he looked better than in his first preseason, but not, perhaps, as good as Flynn. Their third opportunity to gather information about him was when the Packers released him. That third event was more of a "they don't want him, so why should we?" thing than it was anything based on direct observations of his play.

So the only direct and [/i] meaningful observation NFL GMs had of Brohm that was post-college, and pre-Buffalo, was his second preseason in Green Bay. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he got one game's worth of snaps during that preseason. Well . . . even a good quarterback can still have a bad game. It's also worth noting that there were some good plays in that second preseason--albeit not as many as Flynn had.

I strongly suspect that Brohm cleared waivers mainly because of the "they don't want him, why should we?" thing, with his disappointing performance in that second preseason serving to reinforce that perspective.

Since the draft, what have we really learned about Brohm? We learned that the Packers' coaching staff didn't consider him as good as Aaron Rogers or Matt Flynn. More disturbingly, we learned that the Bills' coaching staff didn't (at least initially) consider him as good as Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick. On the plus side, Kurt Warner was initially third on the Rams' depth chart; so it's not like a team's judgment is always perfect. But I realize Kurt Warner stories are very rare. Another point in Brohm's favor is that he looked pretty good in his preseason work with the Bills. One would think that would go a long way towards canceling out the concerns that arose from some of his preseason work with the Packers.

It's also worth noting that the Bills kept Fred Jackson on the bench in order to start Anthony Thomas. Only after both Lynch and Thomas got hurt did Fred Jackson receive the chance to prove himself in actual games. I'll grant that was with a previous coaching staff. But that goes to show that just because a coaching staff doesn't give a guy any opportunities, doesn't necessarily mean you should write him off. So why not give Brohm that chance too? It may only have a 1% chance of letting us find our franchise QB. But we have a 0% chance of finding our franchise QB between now and the end of the season if Fitz takes all the snaps.

Not sure what team you're watching. I've seen him play in a regular season game and 2 pre season games. You can see for yourself by watching the video here: http://www.nfl.com/players/brianbrohm/profile?id=BRO095850

Well then I guess you've seen all there is to see, and know all there is to know! :wallbash:

You saw him play in one regular season game, with a banged-up supporting cast, after being with the Bills just over one month. No OTAs, no training camp, no preseason, no working with the #1 unit for a few months (barely a week, actually) - lame-duck head coach, lame-duck offensive coordimator, and he probably had his teammates' names written down on his wristband, in addition to a very limited set of offensive plays.

As for the 2 preseason games you saw, again - no #1 unit time, and you saw a very limited # of snaps rather than an entire game (and limited play selections too, btw, as the regular season offensive playbook is not used, the regular season offense not 'installed' and there is absolutely no game-planning for your opponent at all in preseason).

There used to be a QB on the roster by the name of Trent Edwards; apparently, his performance in the preseason was drastically different than the regular season. I know this, you see, because I actually saw Trent Edwards play in quite a few regular season games with the Bills starting O-line, receivers, and backfield.

Now, how many games was it you said you saw Brohm play under those same conditions? :unsure:

Edited by The Senator