Bills Could Have Gotten More for Lynch>

BillsNYC

But why are we assuming the article meant Green Bay? It said "teams", not "team", and didn't even name Green Bay at all. Just sayin'. You guys are starting to seem like OBD PR people.

Because there are rumors that many Green Bay players, coaches, and scouts are upset that GB didn't make a play for Lynch.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, a bunch of random teams' pro personnel departments had 3rd round grades on lynch. But since genius Nix didn't broadcast to teams that Lynch was available, these teams were never given the chance to trade a 3rd rounder.

Let's go team by team and figure out who might be interested in dealing a 3rd for Lynch-

New England-No

Miami-No

NYJ-No

Pitt-No

Baltimore-No

Cleveland-No

Cincy-No

Denver-No

KC-No

SD-No

Oakland-No (but with Al Davis you never know)

Indy-No

Jaxksonville-No

Houston-No

Tenn-No

NYG-No

Dallas-No

Washington-Possibly but has no 3rd round pick in 2011

Philadelphia-Contacted Buffalo, no trade happened

Chicago-No

Green Bay-Definitely needs a RB

Minn-No

Detroit-No

San Fran-No

Arizona-No

Rams-No

Seattle-Only for a 4th

Saints-No

Falcons-No

Carolina-No

Tampa Bay-Makes sense but they seem to be content with Cadillac Williams for now

Nobody was going to trade a 3rd for Lynch.

Edited by DaveinElma

Let's go team by team and figure out who might be interested in dealing a 3rd for Lynch-

New England-No

Miami-No

NYJ-No

Pitt-No

Baltimore-No

Cleveland-No

Cincy-No

Denver-No

KC-No

SD-No

Indy-No

Jaxksonville-No

Houston-No

Tenn-No

NYG-No

Dallas-No

Chicago-No

Minn-No

Detroit-No

San Fran-No

Arizona-No

Rams-No

Seattle-Only for a 4th

Saints-No

Falcons-No

Carolina-No

Tampa Bay-Makes sense but they seem to be content with Cadillac Williams for now

I totally agree, I think this is GB blowing smoke. (This is not a vote of confidence in our front office, I just don't think the article makes any sense.)

So, we're supposed to believe that the Bills are the sole party in any deal?

Let's see if I understand this correctly: I'm a team that needs, say a RB, and knows of a team with a high quality RB that might be available I, the team in need, don't call to inquire, I wait for the other team to call me first?

This is kinda like when a job opportunity opens up, and I sit at home waiting for them to call without even sending in a resume.

This is all hogwash. If a team wanted Lynch, they would call Buffalo and make an offer. They would inquire about what the Bills would be looking for in a trade.

Not sitting on their collective laurels waiting for opportunity to find them.

What is disturbing if it is true, is the value Seattle was offering in April being a 3rd round pick. Now we settle for a 4th and a lower conditional pick in 2012?

Truly, the Patriots we are not (see trade of Seymour to Oakland and Moss to Minnesota).

New England-No

Miami-No

NYJ-No

Pitt-No

Baltimore-No

Cleveland-No

Cincy-No

Denver-No

KC-No

SD-No

Indy-No

Jaxksonville-No

Houston-No

Tenn-No

NYG-No

Dallas-No

Chicago-No

Minn-No

Detroit-No

San Fran-No

Arizona-No

Rams-No

Seattle-Only for a 4th

Saints-No

Falcons-No

Carolina-No

Dude, seriously....

...I'm no Willis McGahee...but you've got to get out more.

I've got to admit that I'm losing faith in Nix. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt all along here, but as GM, he's got to be in contact with the 31 other teams trying to make something happen. If he's not doing that then he's not doing his job properly. I don't know if the report is true or not, but if it is, then this reflects very poorly on Nix.

I mean, this is not rocket science. If you are a good evaluator of talent, than you analyze the needs of the 31 other teams to see which teams could use a guy like Lynch. From that list, you shorten it a little more by including only the teams likely to make a serious playoff run (thus will be more motivated to give up a little more to get Lynch). But the lines of communication MUST be open with ALL teams.

I took the liberty of emphasizing the key point, IMO.

So, it sounds like Modrak might be the true problem, no?

This guy has remained employed at OBD but even with a decade in his pocket he can't scout to save his life.

When we finally get rid of this dead weight Donahoe holdover?

This reeks of Green Bay damage control. I find it hard to believe that an NFL GM was so enamored with Marshawn Lynch, a player who's been on the trade block for the last 6 months, that he was willing to give up a 3rd round pick or better BUT ONLY if the Bills contact them first. I doubt it. This is the typical blind item BS that guys like Glazer, Schefter, and Mort peddle just to justify their paychecks.

Amen to that. What, they wanted Marshawn, but did not have the Bills' phone number? That is idiotic on its face.

What team DIDN'T know he was on the block. We all knew it and it's not our job.

I agree 100%. This "tip" by Florio and Glazer is stupid. If you're a GM in the NFL and didn't know Marshawn was on the block, then you're dumber than Buddy. It was only talked about everyday. If you needed a running back, knew a 3rd round pick could get it done, and didn't pull the trigger for your team, who's fault is that?

It's funny that legitimate sports news sites are not reporting this but rather what are essentially gossip blogs. New England is a team that has picks to burn and could potentially utilize Lynch properly, but even if they were offering a 3rd I can't see the Bills doing it. What other team?

Whatever, everyone can cry about how the Bills suck at everything because gossipy little bitches say so if that's what they want to do.

Buddy Nix is incompetent

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/bills-didnt-extensively-shop-lynch/

Bills didn't extensively shop Lynch

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2010 3:04 PM ET

Last week, before the Bills traded running back Marshawn Lynch, we suggested that they should hold an auction for his services and then trade him to the highest bidder.

When the Bills traded Lynch, we assumed that the Bills had tried to max out the market. Apparently, they didn't.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, multiple teams said that they would have been interested in Lynch -- and would have given up more than the Seahawks gave up for Lynch -- if the Bills had called. But they didn't call.

Said Glazer, "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Bills."

We've got $5 on "neither".

Where have i seen this before ?? Oh ya that what the post was about !!!!!!

Glad you have such insight into the mind of NFL pro personnel departments.

Teams use 1st rounders for depth at running back. Hell, the Bills just did.

Any of the teams you mentioned might have felt a 3rd rounder for a guy of Lynch's talents would be worth it, even if he'd be expected to get 10 carries a game.

We know some of them did, because it led to Florio and Glazer's reports.

And just like every other football rumor, we will never actually know what the truth is. If they aren't going to say WHICH teams wanted to trade a 3rd for Lynch, what good is the rumor?

Face it, the guy who will do the most good proving this kind of rumor incorrect is Nix, when it comes time to make more deals and he makes them, and then those deals pan out, maybe a year, two years later....

You guys are just serving to give the rest of us ulcers for no reason.

For all the times I have argued with you, I think you have nailed this one. So much talk-radio type mentality in this thread. People need to stop listening to that garbage and take some classes on critical thinking.

Glad you have such insight into the mind of NFL pro personnel departments.

Teams use 1st rounders for depth at running back. Hell, the Bills just did.

Any of the teams you mentioned might have felt a 3rd rounder for a guy of Lynch's talents would be worth it, even if he'd be expected to get 10 carries a game.

We know some of them did, because it led to Florio and Glazer's reports.

You have no !@#$ing clue what lead to those reports. Zero. Stop being a bitchy assclown.

Where exactly did Jay Glazer make any mention of "multipple teams" willing to offer more than Seattle? He has reported no such thing and I'm not sure why Florio would attribute the report to him.

It's not in Glazer's online column or twitter, and the ba-dum-bump zinger "I'll figure out women before I figure out the Bills." was something he said on MSNBC or NBC the day after the trade and not in relation to the "multiple interested teams" willing to give up more than a 4th and conditional 5th. It sounds like Mike Florio is twisting what Glazer actually said and stirring the pot because he knows Bills fans get worked up and will click on his ****ty blog.

Clayton actually believes that the Bills couldn't do better than a 4th, and a 4th is what people were offereing in the offseason. So the bills held on to him hoping a desperate team would need a RB and they would cough up a third.... this is only his speculation, but he seems to have enough insider information that his rep is just as good as glazer/florio and company. As far as insider info goes, he is probably 2nd only to schefter.