Buffalo Bills ready for Shawn Nelson's return

Beerball

Who is Sean Nelson? Is he that invisible tight end that we've been told is the second coming of Pete Metzelaars for the last 10 years?

Oh wait, that was Derek Fine.

Or was it Schouman.

Euhus?

Crap, nevermind.

In today's NFL, Pete Metzelaars wouldn't even make a squad. If he's your goal, that doesn't say much. AND, why jump on the negative with everything? Nelson is a big kid with speed and hands. Way bigger and faster than anyone the Bills had in the last 10 years. He might just be good.

The saddest thing in the story was the team went basically an entire season without a TD from their TEs, from the opener last year to last week. That is a joke when you consider that anyone with even the tiniest understanding of football recognizes the value of the TE, except I guess the former QB and coach.

The saddest thing in the story was the team went basically an entire season without a TD from their TEs, from the opener last year to last week. That is a joke when you consider that anyone with even the tiniest understanding of football recognizes the value of the TE, except I guess the former QB and coach.

Well I would have to say that is valid and we keep drafting them but for one reason or another we just haven't picked the right one. I bet we draft another too this next draft. I would have liked to pick up Algie Crumbler but NE* got him instead.

Hope Nelson works out for a change but we should try to have two decent ones Bellycheat says thats the way it should be done now a days and we should copy it.

Well I would have to say that is valid and we keep drafting them but for one reason or another we just haven't picked the right one. I bet we draft another too this next draft. I would have liked to pick up Algie Crumbler but NE* got him instead.

Hope Nelson works out for a change but we should try to have two decent ones Bellycheat says thats the way it should be done now a days and we should copy it.

Bowery, when you're right, you're right. It just begs the question of why we haven't picked the right TE though. :cry:

The Patriots* can pick up a free agent, a 2nd rounder, and a fourth rounder who all look like starting quality TE in this league

We can't pick one? WTF?

On a lighter note, I would like to see Nelson starting at TE and Nelson starting at WR.

I think Nelson is underestimated as a WR and I'd like to see more of him. Mostly I'd like to hear the confusion that would result in the announcers. :lol:

Martin may have potential too - like to see more of him at TE.

Here's the thing, though. Alge Crumpler, Hernandez, Gronkowski, they're brutes, Man. Crumpler is listed as 275 lbs. Gronkowski as 6'6", 265.

They have the physical chops to hold off a linebacker.

Shawn Nelson's a tid-bit, relatively speaking. He's listed at 240 - ?maybe, if they weigh him sopping wet with cleats on?

He may have the heart, but does he have the physique and the tools to do the blocking bit of the TE duty?

In today's NFL, Pete Metzelaars wouldn't even make a squad.......................

Bull......

While I never was a big fan of Pete, guys who can block, and catch will always have a place. Some teams may favor pure blocking, some pure pass receivers, even though Pete was anything but "fleet a foot", he blocked well and knew where to find creases in a defense to make a strong contribution in the passing game. Checkdown, safety valve, whatever you want to call it, Pete could play.

Bowery, when you're right, you're right. It just begs the question of why we haven't picked the right TE though. :cry:

The Patriots* can pick up a free agent, a 2nd rounder, and a fourth rounder who all look like starting quality TE in this league

We can't pick one? WTF?

On a lighter note, I would like to see Nelson starting at TE and Nelson starting at WR.

I think Nelson is underestimated as a WR and I'd like to see more of him. Mostly I'd like to hear the confusion that would result in the announcers. :lol:

Martin may have potential too - like to see more of him at TE.

Here's the thing, though. Alge Crumpler, Hernandez, Gronkowski, they're brutes, Man. Crumpler is listed as 275 lbs. Gronkowski as 6'6", 265.

They have the physical chops to hold off a linebacker.

Shawn Nelson's a tid-bit, relatively speaking. He's listed at 240 - ?maybe, if they weigh him sopping wet with cleats on?

He may have the heart, but does he have the physique and the tools to do the blocking bit of the TE duty?

I might look like a starting TE too if I had Tom Brady chucking throws my way.