Vann McElroy...

Buddy Nix needs to pick up the phone and call this guy...and make this ONE move to sign Tony Washington...it could drastically change the future of this team, or it could not do a damn thing...but, the Buffalo Bills have NOTHING to lose...so, why not?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Teams-are-reluctant-to-give-Tony-Washington-a-shot.html

Why not try? He cannot be any worse than Cornell Green and it could turn into a tremendous story...not to mention, if he developed it could turn into an extra draft pick in a roundabout way.

I would completely be on board with this, but then again...I am also one who wanted, and still supports Vick. However, before you go comparing this guy to Vick or anyone else, and saying you do NOT want him in Buffalo or on this team or in your neighborhood...go read his story first and think about his situation, before you judge him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517

*Can you imagine the chip on this guy's shoulder?

Uh, no. Not now, not ever.

There are some mistakes in life you just don't get a pass on. Sexin up your sister is one of them.

You can bang a dog, a goat, a cow or a freaking Llama and I might forgive you. You just don't do your sister....EVER!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

This thread turns up every now and then and I have always said that the guy has earned the right to try out. There are guys in the league that have done some pretty nasty stuff as adults, there is a big difference between a 16 year old and a 26 year old. It isn't about the fact that the Bills could likely use him that I feel this way, I just feel that he has paid a heavy price for the incident. By every account I have read, he would have a legion of coaches, social workers and team mates that would vouch for him and he hasn't been in trouble since. Sign him, put him on Oprah and all will be fine.

While incest, if it is forced and against someone's will, and other crimes sexual in nature are most definitely deplorable, there are factors in this case that make it not so clear-cut. Who knows what the real truth is? Did the cops coax his sister into saying it wasn't consensual? Anyway, didn't this guy pay the criminal price so far? Doesn't he now have to register as a sex-offender wherever he goes for the rest of his life? I guarantee Ben Roethlisberger (a legal adult when his incident occurred), had he not gotten such a sweet deal down in Georgia, would have been convicted of rape and had to carry that same tag. Would that have been any different?

Let the guy play ball, for the Bills or anyone else. If he can handle the obvious verbal abuse he'll hear from opponents (and maybe some of his team mates?) then let him play.

I honestly think Washington is a victim in this case, from what I have read and heard.

Now, I don't know if he is an NFL caliber starter, but I agree the Bills might benefit from giving him a shot.

Now there may be more to the story, and a reason no team is willing to sign him (after all, Vick is playing in the NFL and what he did is FAR FAR worse). Maybe the guy has other issues preventing teams from pursuing him. Of course, this could be an NFL blackball, too.

Of course, this could be an NFL blackball, too.

This is what I think as well Dean-o. There will NEVER be confirmation of this, but there have been tons of guys given second and third chances by teams in this league, and this guy doesnt get a chance to even try to make a team? Smacks of a blackball to me. I almost wish a whistleblower would come forward to blow the lid off Goodell and his code of conduct...

I'll bet there are several members of this board who can 'relate' to Tony's previous sexcapade. It's not that unique- he just got whacked. In this country, we still have a place called "The South". Hey Aunt Mommy...

After that beautiful article that was written up on this here guy, I can't believe some 1 hasn't givin him a shot. I think we should. It's not like he's a member of the B.O. ridden Taliban.

Uh, no. Not now, not ever.

There are some mistakes in life you just don't get a pass on. Sexin up your sister is one of them.

You can bang a dog, a goat, a cow or a freaking Llama and I might forgive you. You just don't do your sister....EVER!

It was his step sister. Not quite as bad. Wasn`t even a cousin. Sign him up.