Peter King Weekend Pickoff

I don't really read Peter King's weekly columns other than to see the hilarious write-ups of them on the Kissing Suzy Kolber blog. But I just checked his weekend pickoff, and he has the Jags over the Bills by a score of 20-9.

Sorry Peter, I know the Bills are a bad team right now, but if this team puts up only 9 points on the 30th ranked defense in the league, then I think we really are sunk. In the meantime, this is just an asinine prediction by a guy who really doesn't know that much about football.

I'm not saying that we'll win, mind you. But our offense was able to do a good job against a porous NE defense and then got shut down by a championship caliber Jets defense (I don't count Trent Edwards' games in regards to evaluating the offense, for obvious reasons). I don't like to dabble in absolutes, but there's no freaking way we only score 9 on the Jags.

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/07/weekend.pickoff/index.html?eref=sihp

Look for the Bills to score more than 9 but give up more than 25. Jones-Drew will have a career day against our porous run defense making Girard's performance insignificant. The way the Bills hit opponents, they play like your mother's fine china. Can't wait for the next released player.

Look for the Bills to score more than 9 but give up more than 25. Jones-Drew will have a career day against our porous run defense making Girard's performance insignificant. The way the Bills hit opponents, they play like your mother's fine china. Can't wait for the next released player.

If Andra plays effectively and Poz stays on the field, I am predicting a Buffalo win thanks to an effective Offense similar to the way they played NE a few weeks ago. 24-21, Bills.

I read King's article and I do enjoy them. He is, by his own admission, terrible at predicting wins or fantasy players. You could make living betting against his picks. Makes you wonder why SI uses him in that fashion. That being said, I think the Bills win this week.

Edited by agardin

We put 30 on the freakin' Pats*. The Jags aren't much better. Look for a shootout Sunday.

PTR

Yeah but Spiller put up 7 on special teams and the Bills defense gave us 3 on the turnover. That's only 20 points of offense. Plus we just traded Lynch, who was our best weapon in that game.

Yeah but Spiller put up 7 on special teams and the Bills defense gave us 3 on the turnover. That's only 20 points of offense. Plus we just traded Lynch, who was our best weapon in that game.

So it's completely out of the question that we can score on special teams or get another turnover ever again this year?

Brilliant!

There is no excuse for a loss Sunday against the Jagoffs.

Why do you believe the Bills should win against the Jags? Most people would agree that the visiting team is the better team. I don't doubt that this is one of the few winnable game for the talentless Bills. But Jacksonville is rightly the favored team.

Edited by JohnC

So it's completely out of the question that we can score on special teams or get another turnover ever again this year?

Brilliant!

That was our first special teams score of the year and first turnover of the year and they both happened in one game. All I'm saying is right now that is an exception, and not a rule for how we play football. Don't count on it every game. The way our defense is playing, 20 offensive points doesn't cut it.

If you still don't believe Lynch was only featured over Jackson and Spiller so he could be showcased for a trade, you really are smoking Marshawn's Blunt.

I don't really read Peter King's weekly columns other than to see the hilarious write-ups of them on the Kissing Suzy Kolber blog. But I just checked his weekend pickoff, and he has the Jags over the Bills by a score of 20-9.

Sorry Peter, I know the Bills are a bad team right now, but if this team puts up only 9 points on the 30th ranked defense in the league, then I think we really are sunk. In the meantime, this is just an asinine prediction by a guy who really doesn't know that much about football.

I'm not saying that we'll win, mind you. But our offense was able to do a good job against a porous NE defense and then got shut down by a championship caliber Jets defense (I don't count Trent Edwards' games in regards to evaluating the offense, for obvious reasons). I don't like to dabble in absolutes, but there's no freaking way we only score 9 on the Jags.

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/07/weekend.pickoff/index.html?eref=sihp

Why do you even bother to defend this pathetic team? Why are you offended by someone predicting a low scoring debacle versus a high scoring debacle? Why is it so asinine to predict a 20-9 score? Are you expecting Lee Evans to give a **** Sunday when he hasn't all year? How many times have you seen an obvious high scoring game result in a low scoring game? If you are so sure you'd clean up at the sports book.

24-12 Jags. If Del Rio and squad lose to "ILLS" he and the whole staff should be fired.. One more lost closer to the infamous 0-16, It is what it is.. Brutal TRUTH

According to the poster you are about as asinine as Peter King.

Why do you even bother to defend this pathetic team? Why are you offended by someone predicting a low scoring debacle versus a high scoring debacle? Why is it so asinine to predict a 20-9 score? Are you expecting Lee Evans to give a **** Sunday when he hasn't all year? How many times have you seen an obvious high scoring game result in a low scoring game? If you are so sure you'd clean up at the sports book.

According to the poster you are about as asinine as Peter King.

Apparently you haven't seen this team play.. But I'm not mad at the optimism you have. Hope u have enough for half this board..

If you still don't believe Lynch was only featured over Jackson and Spiller so he could be showcased for a trade, you really are smoking Marshawn's Blunt.

I said he was the best player in the game, averaging 6.1 ypc. But if you want to take it a step further... yes, I do believe that at this moment, he is the most complete rusher of the three backs. Just ask Bill Belichick.

nothing wrong with the prediction. Last year wk 5.....remember that home game? We lost that game to a crappy Browns team. The total points in that game was 9. So why is it that a guy who predicts we'll score more points (with a worse, rebuilding team no less)knows nothing about football? Maybe he doesn't, but that still doesn't make it an uneducated prediction.

Cleveland's startin QB went 2 for 17, 23 yards total!

Guess what? We still lost! At the time T.O. had a season high 40 some yards.....and he was hapy to get that.

Also, isn't a prediction someone's reasoned forecast? How is it asinine? Especially if the guy "knows nothing about football"? Shouldn't he get credit for just a prediction?