Attention KMart Shoppers: Jamarcus on Sale

Quite the stretch, but it seems the Bills missed their opportunity on Vick....would they? could they? is it even possible to put Jamarcus Russell on Jenny Craig, shed 30 pounds and get back to his college game form?....the guy is only 25 or 26 yrs old. Assuming he could kick the cough syrup habit, maybe a night in the pokey would turn his life around as it did to Vick......anyhow, the guy is 6'6", 220 when playing, had a cannon for an arm, speed and toughness. Is it worth a minimum contract??

Shoot, at this point, it couldn't hurt to throw $200,000 to him as a bone with incentives over 2 years(I have no idea what the CBA minimum pay is for a QB or even if there is a minimum for a player).

Brave post. You're going to get flamed by some on here. All in all, I don't think he will ever be a good NFL QB, but I agree that it's worth a shot at this point. There is really no downside to it (assuming they still draft a QB in next years draft (if Luck is available) because if he plays well the quesetion is will he continue to or will he get lazy again).

The downside to bringing in dopes you don't really want on your team is wasting time that is better spent on your own guys. Whatever you think of Fitz, Brohm and Brown, giving any dope off the street even a single snap - hoping to catch lightning in a bottle - is one less snap for the guys you have. RF, BB and LB have the rest of the season to get better or get out. It's better to give them all the snaps and all the coaching rather than wasting your time on someone else's bust.

The downside to bringing in dopes you don't really want on your team is wasting time that is better spent on your own guys. Whatever you think of Fitz, Brohm and Brown, giving any dope off the street even a single snap - hoping to catch lightning in a bottle - is one less snap for the guys you have. RF, BB and LB have the rest of the season to get better or get out. It's better to give them all the snaps and all the coaching rather than wasting your time on someone else's bust.

I'm with you...just a brainstorming comment to some degree. The biggest difference between Vick and Jamarcus is obvious: proven success before Vick fell vs. consistent mediocre performances by Russell before he fell. My only thought was either:

a) They take a shot with him as a third stringer and see if he takes on a disciplined workout / game study program...if so and if he can familiarize himself enough with the offense, etc. he might actually fit nicely into our program (handing the ball off isn't too difficult, but a pure passer with arm strength is not easy to find); or

b) Be an American Picker....get him at bargain basement prices, polish him up, get him retooled and trade him for more picks or for a player that we need (assuming everyone is on board with drafting a young QB this draft).

Let the firestorm begin....

I think Bell is coming along but he might add good depth or shore up the right side. He can check in as eligible on the goal line and motion and a chubbycat offensive threat...

"Chubbycat offense"...that's great.

The Nipsy Russell one is great as well.