Attention KMart Shoppers: Jamarcus on Sale

Brave post. You're going to get flamed by some on here. All in all, I don't think he will ever be a good NFL QB, but I agree that it's worth a shot at this point. There is really no downside to it (assuming they still draft a QB in next years draft (if Luck is available) because if he plays well the quesetion is will he continue to or will he get lazy again).

Jamarcus Russell is the poster boy for why the NFL needs a rookie salary cap. What would you do if your 24 won the lottery?

I think with a properly designed offense he could flourish. He had some speed, so i'm sure with some work he still could run. He's big, so he'd be good at blocking. As a matter of fact, you could roll him from qb to tight end in a fatcat situation and have him play lineman with option to go for pass, or roll back and receive a pitch for either a run or pass.

Truly, the possibility's are almost limitless with an overweight qb known for his rushing skills as well as his passing skills. However, the place to develop that offense is not in Buffalo.

If he keeps adding weight it'll come to the point when he won't be able to be sacked. He will stand in the pocket like a great redwood. Like the Pillsbury StayPuff man from Ghostbusters. "In the grasp" won't be called because no D lineman will be able to put his arms even half way around his girth. I think JaMarcus is onto something here.

Edited by Pilsner

:doh: I would rather re-sign JP

I was just at the new Blue Monk bar (the old Merlin's) on Elmwood tonight. My buddy and I were saying what a shame JP didn't work out for the Bills. He was the Pope of the Elmwood strip; a real Buffalo ambassador. I really wanted him to succeed.

PTR

Quite the stretch, but it seems the Bills missed their opportunity on Vick....would they? could they? is it even possible to put Jamarcus Russell on Jenny Craig, shed 30 pounds and get back to his college game form?....the guy is only 25 or 26 yrs old. Assuming he could kick the cough syrup habit, maybe a night in the pokey would turn his life around as it did to Vick......anyhow, the guy is 6'6", 220 when playing, had a cannon for an arm, speed and toughness. Is it worth a minimum contract??

Shoot, at this point, it couldn't hurt to throw $200,000 to him as a bone with incentives over 2 years(I have no idea what the CBA minimum pay is for a QB or even if there is a minimum for a player).

If Fitz plays his normal self (decently) not well enough to win against the Jags or Ravens I would not doubt Chan giving Brohm a chance in 2-3 weeks and by game 15 or 16 depending on how he looks or plays, we MIGHT even see some of Levi Brown. This is all fine by me. we do not want to wait to see these guys next year. We need to hit bottom this year. Start growing with a new QB next year. Slow and painful as Buddy said, but picking number 8-12 just is not cutting it (that said we could have drafted Josh Freeman at 11 last year). We need a top 5 pick to get us in the running for a franchise QB in 2011 or top pash rusher and a miracle QB in the second round (IE. a Farve or a Brees would work).

Peace. Go Bills!