If there is no 2011 Season, how will NFL will determine 2012 draft..

Although premature I though it would be real interesting to conjure up ideas as to how the NFL would conduct the 2012 NFL Draft if the season ends up being a lockout. I don't think the NFL would skip a draft class so I would imagine there would be one. So I'll add my 2 cents and add what I think could happen for the 2012 draft:

#1 My favorite choice so far is that whatever the draft order was for the 2011 draft would be repeated, hopefully netting Buffalo the top pick two years in a row!!! QB 2011 (A year to learn the playbook?) and a OLT 2012! Wouldn't that revive a dead offense.

#2 Another option would be a lottery of sorts to determine the 2012 NFL Draft..which means we'll probably end up with the 32nd pick and New England first!..especially if Bellicheat were to do the coin toss...lol

#3. Another option could be reverse order from the previous year's draft. Yikes!

#4. Another option could be Alphabetical order which I seriously doubt!

#5. Another option could be based on worst 5 or 10 year record which would put us in the top 10 for sure!

Well, that is enough fuel to start the ideas...have fun! Vote for which option you think would be the most likely, and feel free to think out of the box!!

Go Billz :bag:

Oh yeah! I vote for the first option...wouldn't 2 #1 picks be astounding!!!!!!!!!!

Although premature I though it would be real interesting to conjure up ideas as to how the NFL would conduct the 2012 NFL Draft if the season ends up being a lockout. I don't think the NFL would skip a draft class so I would imagine there would be one. So I'll add my 2 cents and add what I think could happen for the 2012 draft:

#1 My favorite choice so far is that whatever the draft order was for the 2011 draft would be repeated, hopefully netting Buffalo the top pick two years in a row!!! QB 2011 (A year to learn the playbook?) and a OLT 2012! Wouldn't that revive a dead offense.

#2 Another option would be a lottery of sorts to determine the 2012 NFL Draft..which means we'll probably end up with the 32nd pick and New England first!..especially if Bellicheat were to do the coin toss...lol

#3. Another option could be reverse order from the previous year's draft. Yikes!

#5. Another option could be based on worst 5 or 10 year record which would put us in the top 10 for sure!

Well, that is enough fuel to start the ideas...have fun! Vote for which option you think would be the most likely, and feel free to think out of the box!!

Oh yeah! I vote for the first option...wouldn't 2 #1 picks be astounding!!!!!!!!!!

My guess would be a lottery. You get more bingo balls based on your teams fihish, plus recent finishes in the past. Which would make Buffao and Detroit the front Runners (Highest %) for the top pick. Of course we would somehow wind up picking 15th or so. . .

When the NHL canceled their season, they hada weighted lottery.

I thought I read someplace that the Sabres lost out to Pitt on what eventually became Sid Crosby i nthe weighted scheme??

The Sabres did have more balls in the lottery than Pittsburgh did.

My guess would be a lottery. You get more bingo balls based on your teams fihish, plus recent finishes in the past. Which would make Buffao and Detroit the front Runners (Highest %) for the top pick. Of course we would somehow wind up picking 15th or so. . .

Yeah, I could envision all that possibly happening..especially the Bills ending up 15th selection...

how about this years draft class will they be drafted this year or have to wait?

You know I was wondering the same thing..but I hear on the radio somewhere that they would most likely have the 2011 NFL Draft as planned and that the draft process itself would be no different than every other year, it's when you get to the 2012 draft that it gets tricky if there is no 2011 season. At least that was my take on things.

Lets be fair, the Bills deserve every player :thumbsup:

True...but somehow we would probably mess that up as well...lol

However they do it, they'll figure out a way to give the Pats* the first pick.

Made me laugh out loud...but I sure wouldn't be shocked! :)

Combine all the players from 2011 and 2012 into a giant player pool and have a 14 round draft based on the 2010-11 record.

Now that is an idea I didn't consider..yet after thinking about it..it has some merit and was an intriguing suggestion! Great job I liked it! :thumbsup:

If these greedy millionaires and billionaires actually cancel the 2011 season fighting over billions, I am not sure how many fans are going to give a horses ass if there even is a draft in 2012. They will lose alot of fans, just like baseball did in 1994 when they cancelled half the season and the World Series. I for one used live to watch baseball, since 1994 I rarely even put it on the TV.

Lets be fair, the Bills deserve every player :thumbsup:

The league could give the Bills the first 10 picks and they would still find a way to mess it up. New England would pick 75th in order and still draft a better player than any we would take with the first 10.