TE and Jax - Is this kinda lame or is it just me?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article212821.ece

Chan Gailey: "He can give them a few of our calls and he can give them a few of our signals, probably. <...> He can tell them a little bit of the protection situations that we've got and what some issues might be with that. "

He was the starter.

Wouldn't he be expected to know more than "a few" calls and "a few" signals and "a few" protection situations?

Seems to me either Gailey is talking very lame -- grossly underestimating the impact of essentially having your starting QB playing for the other team

Or Edwards was worse than we knew -- wouldn't you expect a starting QB to have mastery of the entire offensive playbook, all of the signals, all of the calls, all of the protections, 100%, shake him awake at 2 am and he could explain, roll over, and go back to sleep?

Football players amoungst us -- what's usual and typical here to expect of the QB? A few, or the whole enchilada?

Chan Gailey: "He can give them a few of our calls and he can give them a few of our signals, probably. <...> He can tell them a little bit of the protection situations that we've got and what some issues might be with that. "

He was the starter.

Wouldn't he be expected to know more than "a few" calls and "a few" signals and "a few" protection situations?

Seems to me either Gailey is talking very lame -- grossly underestimating the impact of essentially having your starting QB playing for the other team

Or Edwards was worse than we knew -- wouldn't you expect a starting QB to have mastery of the entire offensive playbook, all of the signals, all of the calls, all of the protections, 100%, shake him awake at 2 am and he could explain, roll over, and go back to sleep?

Football players amoungst us -- what's usual and typical here to expect of the QB? A few, or the whole enchilada?

Yeh, it's just B.S., but what do you expect him to say?

This may be one of the games that the Bills will steal this year.

Is this what he is supposed to say?

Gailey: "Yes, Trent knows all of our signals and calls, we're screwed. I don't even know why we are playing this game. The staff and I didn't do anything to counter this at all."

I'm sure Chan thought of something, but you can't change everything in two weeks.

He was the starter.

Judging from the way Edwards played behind the same o-line, and the limited play selection he seemed to use?

Um, no.

Edwards will tell them to cover the running backs on pass plays. He will tell his new coach, "this play is a checkdown" on pretty much all passing plays.

:lol:

Yeh, it's just B.S., but what do you expect him to say?

This may be one of the games that the Bills will steal this year.

...IF Jones-Drew is held under 100 yards and 2 TDs. Which he won't be.

Since Trent never audibled, would he even know those calls? Plus, I could see his debriefing sessions with Del Rio going something like this:

Edwards: "Okay, this next play is Steve Johnson running a 6-yard hitch on the right, with the tailback leaking out to the left flat."

Del Rio: "What does Lee Evans do on the play?"

Edwards: "Who the hell is Lee Evans?"

I'm hoping Garrard hits his hand on a defenders helmet. Nothing serious but enough to put Trent in. If I were Chan I'd call a jailbreak blitz every down and watch the urine run down Trent's leg.

PTR

This would require a defender to be near the QB.