2nd worst move by the Bills in my lifetime

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

Can you say 2-14? If they are lucky. Go Seahawks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

2-14 is optimistic, but lets be real, the team was going 2-14 with or without Lynch. Add this is his last year under contract, he does not like living in Buffalo and as a FA he will demand a large salary which the Bills cannot afford. So, lose him in Jan after the season or trade him now and get something for him. If we were a SB favorite, this would be a stupid move, since we suck, it is a good move.

Edited by DCBongo

He was under contract through next season with an optional extra year in 2012 that would have been voided.

But still - this is so far from the worst move it isn't funny.

Happy trails, Beast Mode. It was fun for a minute, but be assured that the whole team is jealous of your opportunity.

Color me crazy because I would have gladly taken a second rounder for him. But seeing as how we got a 4th rounder, "that'll do Chan, that'll do"

I know, I know, it's not every day you can find a running back who has a penchant for finding the biggest collection of bodies and running squarely into their backsides for a one yard gain. Hopefully, we can locate that RB, and if he has off field tendencies, ooooh baby, SuperBowl here we come.

There is an interview online somewhere. In the offseason ML was talking about wanting to be traded to a west coast team, pref. SF or Oak. He sounds in the interview like it is a "gonna be done" deal.

You think this is a bad trade?! Some of us remember the famous Lamonica trade as being the absolute worst trade in NFL history (or AFL history). They got Lamonica AND Glenn Bass, Buff got Art Powell and Tom Flores. In his first 2 seasons with Oakland, he threw for 64 TDs. Powell stayed for one season and I believe was injured. Flores served as a backup and got little or no playing time.

the overreaction to this trade on this board is unreal.

think about it - the original poster said it would have been CRAZY if we traded Lynch for a first rounder! And this genius proclaimed that Lynch was the BEST PLAYER on this team.

LOL. the same player that couldnt get on the field last year and who was beat out by Fred Jackson.

You guys really need to get a grip. Jackson is better than Lynch and CJ will be miles better than Lynch in the near future. I can't believe you guys fell in love in Lynch all over again just over a few games where they were showcasing him.

The scary part is that they got 4th for Lynch but had to waive Trent. Does that indicate that Trent could not even garner a 7th? I'd have to assume so since the waiver got nothing in return.

Why in the world would you think you could get ANYTHING for Trent let alone a draft pick? They shopped him, no one bit so they cut his ...

Your regard for Todd Collins is inexplicable. What has Collins ever done in his ENTIRE CAREER (aside for one four-game stretch with the Redskins) to justify your saying he is/was a Kelly-level talent? i saw all the games he played when he was with the Bills, and he was in no way shape or form a potential franchise quarterback. If he were, he would have shown it by now.

I don't know about the Lynch trade--you may be right that he will star for years in the league. I don't agree with you that he's teh best player on the team. But that's a different story.

Apparently not a single NFL GM agrees with you.. otherwise, they would have been lining up around the block to offer us 1st rounders.

the overreaction to this trade on this board is unreal.

think about it - the original poster said it would have been CRAZY if we traded Lynch for a first rounder! And this genius proclaimed that Lynch was the BEST PLAYER on this team.

LOL. the same player that couldnt get on the field last year and who was beat out by Fred Jackson.

You guys really need to get a grip. Jackson is better than Lynch and CJ will be miles better than Lynch in the near future. I can't believe you guys fell in love in Lynch all over again just over a few games where they were showcasing him.

Agreed. Jackson is teh present, Spiller is the future. Lynch does not pick holes well, and often gets tackled for a loss or no gain. He'll have one decent run followed by 4-5 duds. "Beast" mode only lasted one or two plays. Jackson was able to consistently gain yards which is why he beat out Lynch last year. What I couldn't believe Sunday is after Jackson's 11 yard run for a 1st down, they stopped calling his number. Hell, after a run like that you should give him the ball again. What happened to pounding it out.

Like you said, it's a good move.

He was NOT the best player on this team, however I agree with you that this team is being run by idiots.

What a bunch of cry babies..we need picks and don't need 3 Rb's one of which is one more suspension away from???

Now he's someone elses problem

EXCELLENT POINT! Ive made numerous posts today as to why I feel this was a good trade. In all of the "points" I made I forgot that he is one dumb move from what would likely be a year long suspension.....

2-14 is optimistic, but lets be real, the team was going 2-14 with or without Lynch. Add this is his last year under contract, he does not like living in Buffalo and as a FA he will demand a large salary which the Bills cannot afford. So, lose him in Jan after the season or trade him now and get something for him. If we were a SB favorite, this would be a stupid move, since we suck, it is a good move.

I have read this statement about 20 times. I was under the impression that his contract was though next year.