One football thing you were DEAD ASS wrong about

bartshan-83

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Reuben Gant?  :doh:

Hell...who's Tony Hunter, for that matter...?

150517[/snapback]

Tight ends who were Number 1 draft picks of the Bills. And you can look this up: in1983 the Bills had two consecutive picks in the first round (I think they were #12 and #13). They took Hunter from Note Dame with the FIRST one, and with the SECOND they took some guy named Kelly from Miami.

1) I thought the Bills were stupid for drafting Sam Cowart. I wanted Cam Cleeland or Tra Thomas.

2) I hated when TD traded for Clements. I was screaming for Hutchinson, who may be the best OG in football, but I was still dead-ass wrong.

3) I demanded Steinbach over MaGahee. :)

4) I thought RJ was literally great. To this day, I have to shake off visions of him doing well. The kid had amazing abilities.

5) I did not think that MW was capable of putting together a couple of consecutive good games.

I will not list my correct statements, except 1.....Travis Henry. 'nuff said. :);)

And I will share credit here with VABills, Alaska Darin and SDS.

Tight ends who were Number 1 draft picks of the Bills.  And you can look this up:  in1983 the Bills had two consecutive picks in the first round (I think they were #12 and #13).  They took Hunter from Note Dame with the FIRST one, and with the SECOND they took some guy named Kelly from Miami.

150533[/snapback]

I was friggin' kidding. You know...the "forgotten" Hunter making us "forget" about Gant... :)

It was also a gratuitious dig at Hunter's near-total invisibility in pro ball.

Tight ends who were Number 1 draft picks of the Bills.  And you can look this up:  in1983 the Bills had two consecutive picks in the first round (I think they were #12 and #13).  They took Hunter from Note Dame with the FIRST one, and with the SECOND they took some guy named Kelly from Miami.

150533[/snapback]

Correction from buffalobills.com: they were #12 and #14, not consecutive:

Pick Name Pos. School

1a. Tony Hunter TE Notre Dame (12)

1b. Jim Kelly QB Miami (14)

Reuben Gant was the 18th pick in 1974, when the Bills also picked up Doug Allen, Gary Marangi, and the immortal Carlester Crumpler (father of Alge).

I will not list my correct statements, except 1.....Travis Henry. 'nuff said.  :)  ;)

And I will share credit here with VABills, Alaska Darin and SDS.

150538[/snapback]

Next year when Henry is running for 1300+ yds with 10+ TD's....you will be adding it to your little list :)

Yes. 

Difference being that I don't have to repeat myself every hour on the hour in a desperate cry for attention...

150528[/snapback]

Well, the real difference being that you don't take every possible stance and then proclaim that you'll stand by it.

Well, the real difference being that you don't take every possible stance and then proclaim that you'll stand by it.

150553[/snapback]

Sure I do. How else do you think I end up always being right? :)

Fortunately, no one ever reads the crap that I post, so I'm never caught doing it. But EVERYONE reads ICE's drivel, for whatever reason...

I was friggin' kidding.  You know...the "forgotten" Hunter making us "forget" about Gant...  :)

It was also a gratuitious dig at Hunter's near-total invisibility in pro ball.

150541[/snapback]

On his board it gets hard to tell.

Not unless he plays any other facet of football. He cost this team a ton this year, probably a playoff spot. Do you agree?

150557[/snapback]

No i dont....

It wasnt him that didnt knock a ball down on 4th and forever....and it wasnt him who took away his TD in Oakland....

He got off to a bad start this year, no doubt, but still is a good NFL back....

Sure I do.  How else do you think I end up always being right?  :)

Fortunately, no one ever reads the crap that I post, so I'm never caught doing it.  But EVERYONE reads ICE's drivel, for whatever reason...

150563[/snapback]

Whoops, my bad. You're right, I never read your posts!

Not after the gecko thread, at least. I knew it would all be disappointing after that.