What do you want in return for Marshawn Lynch?

Personally, I hope the Bills keep him, I believe the off field problems are behind him now.

Should the Bills trade, I don't want draft picks for Marshawn, I want a player or players in return.

If Ralph thinks he can trade him away for draft picks and the fans will be all fuzzy, then he is under estimating the situation.

This would be a clear indicator that the team does not care about the fans or the 2010 season.

The Bills need help at 6-8 positions,surely some team can make an offer that can help the Bills now! There may be no 2011 season!

I would focus on Linebacker, Physical Wide Receiver,or a proven pass rusher.

GET A PLAYER BUDDY!

Edited by Another Point of View

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the team that he'd be traded to. If it's the Eagles, only draft picks make sense. The Eagles play a 4-3, with players that best fit the 4-3, and they don't have any offensive linemen that I'd be interested in.

Depends on the team that he'd be traded to. If it's the Eagles, only draft picks make sense. The Eagles play a 4-3, with players that best fit the 4-3, and they don't have any offensive linemen that I'd be interested in.

Man,if we receive draft picks this board will explode.

Your drafted players may not see the field for 2 years if there is a strike... :flirt:

Edited by Another Point of View

Keep Lynch. He is only 24, young, talented, and his running style is the perfect compliment to Spillers.

Last week, our RBs only had 9 combined carries. The Bills can't divide that kind of workload between 3 RBs. The one they should be feilding phone calls and offers for is Freddie. I love Freddie, but of all the players on this team, he deserves better. Coming off a 1,000 yard season, he has barely sniffed the field this year, but has shown he can get the job done.

my preferences in order:

1. keep lynch. i think he and Spiller could be the best RB duo in the league within a couple years.

2. trade him for a proven player that has as many potential years left.

3. early 2nd or late 1st round pick

Keeping Lynch is by far the best option. Trading him leaves your team with one 30-year old running back in the twilight of his career, and a rookie running back that is widely believed not to be an every-down type of player. Ouch.

But, you are also smoking some pretty high quality drugs if you think that you can trade Lynch for any sort of proven player or a *dies laughing* second or *super dies laughing* first round draft pick. You might get a 4th rounder for Lynch. So, with that, maybe you can turn that pick into a back-up running back!

Keeping Lynch is by far the best option. Trading him leaves your team with one 30-year old running back in the twilight of his career, and a rookie running back that is widely believed not to be an every-down type of player. Ouch.

But, you are also smoking some pretty high quality drugs if you think that you can trade Lynch for any sort of proven player or a *dies laughing* second or *super dies laughing* first round draft pick. You might get a 4th rounder for Lynch. So, with that, maybe you can turn that pick into a back-up running back!

I dont think we'd get those picks for him, but that is what it would take to get me to trade him. so if no one wants to offer that, we keep him. that simple.

Your drafted players may not see the field for 2 years if there is a strike... :flirt:

Correct, but they need to rebuild. Draft picks are the best way to do that. Plus with Jackson & Spiller on the roster, it's not like they won't have guys who can't run the ball.

It wouldn't matter to be if it came down to whether it's Jackson or Lynch, but I just think they need to stockpile picks.

I dont think we'd get those picks for him, but that is what it would take to get me to trade him. so if no one wants to offer that, we keep him. that simple.

Ahh, understood then. Based on that, I'd tend to agree with you. I'd probably have to see a #2 to think that we weren't hurting our team (and his value isn't close to a #2).

Thats BS. We got 2 3rds and change for McGahee to the ravens. Surely Marshawn is worth more than him.

and as for Freddie, he is not the normal 29 year old. He just doesn't have the milage on him that other rb's his age have. I say he;s good for another 4-5 years.

Thats BS. We got 2 3rds and change for McGahee to the ravens. Surely Marshawn is worth more than him.

and as for Freddie, he is not the normal 29 year old. He just doesn't have the milage on him that other rb's his age have. I say he;s good for another 4-5 years.

Wow. Anquan Boldin PLUS a 5th rounder was worth a 3rd and 4th round pick. Think about that and tell me that Marshawn Lynch is worth anything more than a 4th at BEST.

There have been reports of teams offering a 4th for Lynch (i.e. Seattle). We declined those offers. There have been no better offers, nor will there be.

Finally, you just don't see 35 year old running backs, regardless of their "mileage". It simply never happens. Sorry :(

I agree 100%. However, of potentially available players on the Eagles, whom would be attractive to the Bills? Since the NFC East is wide open, the Eagles won't be parting with their "good" players, and they don't have a lot of depth, so draft picks looks like the only viable thing coming back to Buffalo from Philadelphia.

If Lynch goes anywhere, I don't think he'll go to the Eagles or the Packers, but to the Redskins.

Here's the problem: Lynch will not bring a decent draft pick and letting him go for a 4th or lower is absurd. He's 24, as mentioned a friendly contract and he's a good to great back.

That said, one of these RB's needs to go. This running back committee system is not working. My preference is to trade Lynch for a quality starter for this team - preferably a linebacker who is a real linebacker and not a slug-footed DE. We'd have to get a quality starter in return or don't move him. If not, name him the starter and let him take the majority of the reps like any starting RB would need.

And TSW, let's lose the automatic reflex of "go get a LT" and do some serious reflectioin on the play of D-Bell. He's getting better and better with each game. I would worry less about LT and more about QB and ILB & OLB's in the future.

Edited by Green Lightning

I say the best option right now is to keep Lynch. Unless somebody makes an offer we cant refuse.

But my thing is Jackson is the best back on the roster right now. It is surprising that no team with a need at RB has not asked about his services. One of the 2 (Lynch or Jackson) has to be dealt before the trade deadline.

For me I hope its Jackson because he deserves so much better than what he is dealing with right now.

Here's the problem: Lynch will not bring a decent draft pick and letting him go for a 4th or lower is absurd. He's 24, as mentioned a friendly contract and he's a good to great back.

That said, one of these RB's needs to go. This running back committee system is not working. My preference is to trade Lynch for a quality starter for this team - preferably a linebacker who is a real linebacker and not a slug-footed DE. We'd have to get a quality starter in return or don't move him. If not, name him the starter and let him take the majority of the reps like any starting RB would need.

And TSW, let's lose the automatic reflex of "go get a LT" and do some serious reflectioin on the play of D-Bell. He's getting better and better with each game. I would worry less about LT and more about QB and ILB & OLB's in the future.

I agree. Forget the draft picks for Lynch. GM's over-value them and Lynch is worth way more than a 4th round pick and probably even a 3rd round pick. At this point, I'd consider taking Hawk but would prefer Bulaga because our LB's are that bad. I'd also start dangling one of our safeties to the Colts. Not sure what they have on their roster that they'd part with, Polian isn't afraid to trade good draft picks. He was going to give us a 4th for McCargo.