Billick & Martz or Marty & Son - both were interested

Chuckknox

Another stupid thread...do you actually think we would be any better right now with one of those coaches? We are void of talent, no amount of coaching was going to see us beat teams like GB, NE, and the Jets who are supremely more talented than us across the board. Miami we could have won IF we didnt have Trent as the QB that game, so maybe, just maybe we get that win if another one of those coaches didnt stick with Trent. But then again, Trent looked better in camp and preseason, so they may have had him in there too week 1.

I believe Marty would have done a better job turning the franchise around. His sons would have come in as coordinators...it was too perfect a fit which is why it never happened.

Marty is a strong willed guy who would speak his opinion...you can't have that in ralph's house.

It's ridiculous and futile to even bring up who the Bills could have hired. There is absolutely zero chance that Ralph will ever hire a high profile GM or coach. The reason is, they know way the hell more than Ralph does about football & personnel. Ralph is threatened by that. He does not want his GM or coach telling him something he does not want to hear. And, he doesn't like strong leader types because they won't tolerate his meddling and the many snitches that he has in every corner of OBD. This is well known within the NFL. Ralph is Al Davis east. Only lap dogs work for Ralph, like Brandon, Littman, Berchtold, and Overdorf. So, no highly respected and competent GM or coach is even going to even consider any offer he makes. Out of courtesy and respect, they may listen to him, but no way will they ever condsider working for him. Not only that, he is 91. Time is not on his side. Any GM HC worth his salt won't roll the dice that he'll be around in even a year from now and know the team will be sold and a huge purge will ensue. It just ain't worth it. If Ralph really wanted to do Buffalo a favor, he'd sell the team now. He doesn't, so end of story.

Another stupid thread...do you actually think we would be any better right now with one of those coaches? We are void of talent, no amount of coaching was going to see us beat teams like GB, NE, and the Jets who are supremely more talented than us across the board. Miami we could have won IF we didnt have Trent as the QB that game, so maybe, just maybe we get that win if another one of those coaches didnt stick with Trent. But then again, Trent looked better in camp and preseason, so they may have had him in there too week 1.

agreed .. stupid thread.. no one with a brain is coming anywhere near this franchise until Ralph is gone and long term committed ownership takes over... could be years...perpetual pre-season for what is now without a doubt the worst franchise in the league..

Another stupid thread...do you actually think we would be any better right now with one of those coaches? .

Sorry AD but yes, this franchise would be better if Marty Schottenheimer was running it. Don't misunderstand....Gailey is 10x better than, and hamstrung by the leftover idiocy of Dick Levy, and I actually do support him as such.

But, Marty Schottenheimer would have built a winner in Buffalo. Not this season, but Marty wins football games.

Sorry AD but yes, this franchise would be better if Marty Schottenheimer was running it. Don't misunderstand....Gailey is 10x better than, and hamstrung by the leftover idiocy of Dick Levy, and I actually do support him as such.

But, Marty Schottenheimer would have built a winner in Buffalo. Not this season, but Marty wins football games.

I wasnt saying who is the better coach, I was stating that Chan is not the reason we are 0-4...we are 0-4 because we played 4 teams with superior talent to ours, something that would still be present even with those other guys as HC.

I wasnt saying who is the better coach, I was stating that Chan is not the reason we are 0-4...we are 0-4 because we played 4 teams with superior talent to ours, something that would still be present even with those other guys as HC.

Gotcha. :thumbsup: The bottom line (imo) is that Marty wouldn't take a job with Mr. Wilson calling the shots. Be honest, do you think that Marty would have drafted Spiller at #9?

Gotcha. :thumbsup: The bottom line (imo) is that Marty wouldn't take a job with Mr. Wilson calling the shots. Be honest, do you think that Marty would have drafted Spiller at #9?

Honestly, I think there would be a good shot he takes Spiller at #9...remember Marty Ball is based on the run game and he was the best player on the board. I do think though Lynch would have been traded rather than kept if he did. And I agree, no way Marty takes a job if Wilson is medling.

agreed .. stupid thread.. no one with a brain is coming anywhere near this franchise until Ralph is gone and long term committed ownership takes over... could be years...perpetual pre-season for what is now without a doubt the worst franchise in the league..

That was not true, as stated by the thread maker, several winning coaches were interested. Marty and Son would have been a great combo. The bills would have had a great head coach and one with potential waiting in the wings. This is not a stupid thread, as it shows why the bills have gone a decade without winning .The bills would not have been good this year with a different head coach, but they would have been a lot better off in the long haul. Adding Marty or Billick would have also given the team instant credibility.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

The Bills offered to bring in Brian Shottenheimer for an interview for the HC position and he declined cause he wanted to stay and work with the Jets, why do people think that he and his dad would have been interested in coaching in Buffalo? I thought Marty said he wasn't really interested in coaching again.

Your right that Ralph won't spend the money on a "proven HC", its not like they spoke to Shanahan or Cowher about the Job

If the do not put a few wins, we will be talking about this again in the offseason. Ralph will blow this up, one more time before he passes on (he does not have too long, so he may move fast this time)

Ralph needs to blow himself up -- step away from his hands-on approach to football operations or sell the team.

The Bills offered to bring in Brian Shottenheimer for an interview for the HC position and he declined cause he wanted to stay and work with the Jets, why do people think that he and his dad would have been interested in coaching in Buffalo? I thought Marty said he wasn't really interested in coaching again.

Your right that Ralph won't spend the money on a "proven HC", its not like they spoke to Shanahan or Cowher about the Job

For what it is worth Jon Clayton reported that Marty was interested, and Brian would have come over as the OC and assistant head coach. Once dad was out of the running, Brian was no longer interested.

If the do not put a few wins, we will be talking about this again in the offseason. Ralph will blow this up, one more time before he passes on (he does not have too long, so he may move fast this time)

If he does he is a fool. Billick and Martz are not the answer, Schottenheimers would be great but they told Marty no and Jr. wasn't interested. Chan is good coach it's just going to take time to get better players here. On that point Nix really messed up on Spiller, that pick should have been traded for multiple picks to get the lines shored up. The OTs are dreadful and besides Kyle Williams who should be at end the front 7 needs an overhaul. This BS of small NTs will never work in a 3-4 we need another Ted Washington who BTW was the best NT of all time and should be in the Hall.