I watched Kelsay closely today and ...

Kelsay was functionally useless in an important game at home. He overpursued with regularity, he put no pressure on the QB, and most - importantly - didn't come close to making a play.

Since everything tastes better deep fried, I will order up some deep fried crow. He's not average.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay was functionally useless in an important game at home. He overpursued with regularity, he put no pressure on the QB, and most - importantly - didn't come close to making a play.

Since everything tastes better deep fried, I will order up some deep fried crow. He's not average.

Him and Poz make the exact same sorts of plays always chasing and seemed to always read wrong direction of the plays. Well we now know the FO is really a bunch of jokers for even thinking about an extension for players like this.

Him and Poz make the exact same sorts of plays always chasing and seemed to always read wrong direction of the plays. Well we now know the FO is really a bunch of jokers for even thinking about an extension for players like this.

Actually, after watching the LBs in today's game, I'm more convinced than ever that Poz is a good player surrounded by a sea of garbage. He's an excellent pursuer, doesn't make stupid errors, and spends a ton of time covering up other people's mistakes (of which there are way too many). He'd be starting for most teams in the league, including the Jets (in a 3-4 set).

Actually, after watching the LBs in today's game, I'm more convinced than ever that Poz is a good player surrounded by a sea of garbage. He's an excellent pursuer, doesn't make stupid errors, and spends a ton of time covering up other people's mistakes (of which there are way too many). He'd be starting for most teams in the league, including the Jets (in a 3-4 set).

I am not as convinced as you but with what he has in front of him hard to tell. Kelsey on the other hand was always being pushed out of the way, to deep in backfield to make a play and constantly misreading the direction of the play. So who made the decision to reward this below average player and a terrible 3 - 4 LB that nice new contract. Yes reward a player for long service but jeeze not to someone who has been mediocre.

I am not as convinced as you but with what he has in front of him hard to tell. Kelsey on the other hand was always being pushed out of the way, to deep in backfield to make a play and constantly misreading the direction of the play. So who made the decision to reward this below average player and a terrible 3 - 4 LB that nice new contract. Yes reward a player for long service but jeeze not to someone who has been mediocre.

It's OK. You can say it. He was really bad. Several rungs below mediocre.

Fair enough, but I really did try to focus on Poz (with the benefit of a DVR) alongside Kelsay. There were a lot of plays where he prevented what ended up being an 8 yard gain from becoming a 20 yard gain. No one looks good in those situations, but he had to perform triage and did a solid job overall (in my opinion).

Fair enough, but I really did try to focus on Poz (with the benefit of a DVR) alongside Kelsay. There were a lot of plays where he prevented what ended up being an 8 yard gain from becoming a 20 yard gain. No one looks good in those situations, but he had to perform triage and did a solid job overall (in my opinion).

I dvr'd it but to hard to even think about watching again, it was easy to see kelsey out of position all day long. Oh well hockey season starts soon

I rarely see a play that doesn't have PP over pursuing or standing in the wrong spot.

Poz made few tackles before first down pickups.

I rarely see a play that doesn't have PP over pursuing or standing in the wrong spot.

I disagree because I think that regularity of the Bills' defensive line being blown off of the ball skews everyon's perception. I mean, how can anyone be in position if the front line is moved three yards down the field in the first second nearly every play?? Nothing goes right on an average attempt to stop a running play by the Jets -- the talent difference between their o-line and our d-line is that big. My god, they've rushed for 868 yards in their past three games against the Bills! It seems like every freaking Jets rushing play during the past season and a half has generated a complete clusterf**k within the Bills' defensive front, but Poz at least has the wherewithal to recover and make some tackles. He played pretty well in the Miami game until he got hurt, actually.

I also tried to keep an open mind and give Kelsay an honest evaluation today and he was even worse than I expected.

I watched him too closely today and he's horrible..I think your going to have a major overhaul on D. I wish they would ask Chan why aren't you playing the young guys - where was Troup, where was Maybin, that group of LB's are hilarious once you get over the hurt. They are terrible - Poz I think is a possible help with good players around him. No depth we went with Kyle Williams taking all snaps ? I think Edwards is okay just got worn down today. Spencer is not a starter lack of depth showed today.

Offensively where is Spiller, where is Nelson (WR) more, any one else besides Green. I know he was a stop gap, but it didn't work no point on running him out there every week. Wish there was more of an explanation on playing time or question it. My expectations for this year are not that high and that's fine but atleast compete. The Lions aren't winning much either for example but the play hard they compete. I like Gailey but he's coaching this team like he's come in in week seven and he's just learning his roster.

Edited by CardinalScotts

I disagree because I think that regularity of the Bills' defensive line being blown off of the ball skews everyon's perception. I mean, how can anyone be in position if the front line is moved three yards down the field in the first second nearly every play?? Nothing goes right on an average attempt to stop a running play by the Jets -- the talent difference between their o-line and our d-line is that big. My god, they've rushed for 868 yards in their past three games against the Bills! It seems like every freaking Jets rushing play during the past season and a half has generated a complete clusterf**k within the Bills' defensive front, but Poz at least has the wherewithal to recover and make some tackles. He played pretty well in the Miami game until he got hurt, actually.

This observation started with his first game and has continued until today - regardless of who has played dline.

your problem is you are too used to bad play.

If Poz was any good and had any speed, he should be taking angles to the ball carrier at or behind the line of scrimmage, not 8 yards downfield.

He is slow - but because he is white, he gets a free pass 

I also tried to keep an open mind and give Kelsay an honest evaluation today and he was even worse than I expected.

Poor guy almost broke both ankles in the first quarter he got juked so badly.

Loses contain constantly. Can't cover. Can't hold up against the run.

But his teammates respect him.

your problem is you are too used to bad play.

If Poz was any good and had any speed, he should be taking angles to the ball carrier at or behind the line of scrimmage, not 8 yards downfield.

He is slow - but because he is white, he gets a free pass 

thank you. My brother and I were discussing this today also while watching the game. Extremely slow, but also does not anticipate anything, he only reacts. I'm begining to wonder if our team is subject to film study at all with the horrible angles and assignments. This is the NFL, it's not enough to just be "out there". Give me some type 2 diabetes gonna die at the age of 33 d lineman and some lbs with instincts and a yearning to shed blockers not engage them and stick to them like some retarded magnet. Such an excellent post, couldn't agree with you more.