I watched Kelsay closely today and ...

your problem is you are too used to bad play.

If Poz was any good and had any speed, he should be taking angles to the ball carrier at or behind the line of scrimmage, not 8 yards downfield.

He is slow - but because he is white, he gets a free pass 

Jeez....what does his being white have to do with anything? This racist bullstuff is so weak....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe we extended Kelsay to another contract :wallbash:

This is the trademark of this organization:

1.overpay to keep the unproductive players nobody else in the league wants at that price (Kelsay, Lee Evans)

2.let the players leave who are wanted elsewhere (Pat Williams, several CB's)

3.sign the castoffs and journeyman who can't make another team (Cornell Green and many others)

4.sign free agents past their prime looking for one more big payday (Marcus Stroud,Spencer Johnson,Langston Walker,etc.)

5.draft very badly in round 1 (Erik Flowers,Mike Williams,JP Losman,Donte Whitner,McCargo,Lynch,McKelvin,Maybin) What a disgraceful list!

Ralph Wilson hired the bums who assembled this mess of a team and they elected him to the Hall of Fame. What a joke!

I had Mario Williams going at DL on my fantasy football team today. My opponent had Chris Kelsay (the rest of the world still thinks he is a DL instead of LB).

Williams had a big sack-fumble. He finished with 8 points. Kelsay finished with 9 points.

So, yah, I'd say Kelsay did just fine.

Jeez....what does his being white have to do with anything? This racist bullstuff is so weak....

It's especially crazy considering the 2 richest Bills of that era (when Kelsay was first extended to an exorbitant) were Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker... race had nothing to do with handing out ginormous contracts to inept players. And of course there's Evans getting approximately $500,000 per catch for 2010.

I had Mario Williams going at DL on my fantasy football team today. My opponent had Chris Kelsay (the rest of the world still thinks he is a DL instead of LB).

Williams had a big sack-fumble. He finished with 8 points. Kelsay finished with 9 points.

I know you are in fantasy land already but did you even watch the game? Regardless of how many point he had in your meaningless fantasy game he blew chunks out there.

Actually, after watching the LBs in today's game, I'm more convinced than ever that Poz is a good player surrounded by a sea of garbage. He's an excellent pursuer, doesn't make stupid errors, and spends a ton of time covering up other people's mistakes (of which there are way too many). He'd be starting for most teams in the league, including the Jets (in a 3-4 set).

WOW...you removed, all doubt. A LB'er that tackles downfield and not at the point of attack or backfield is not a play-maker and come a dime a dozen (wink, Carlton Bailey, Walt P and Eugene Marve)in this lineage of also-rans of Bills LB'ers. folklore. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Actually, after watching the LBs in today's game, I'm more convinced than ever that Poz is a good player surrounded by a sea of garbage. He's an excellent pursuer, doesn't make stupid errors, and spends a ton of time covering up other people's mistakes (of which there are way too many). He'd be starting for most teams in the league, including the Jets (in a 3-4 set).

I agree on both fronts. Kelsay, while not horrible as a 4-3 DE, is a waste of a roster spot as a 3-4 OLB. Poz will never be the superstar that his supporters want him to be (white guy with a Polish name! I love him!), but he's a solid starter. Poz isn't the problem, although he's not good enough to be the solution either.

I know you are in fantasy land already but did you even watch the game? Regardless of how many point he had in your meaningless fantasy game he blew chunks out there.

How deluded can someone be that they use fantasy points to determine whether or not a player is worthy of a starting role or contract extension? And what the !@#$ kind of fantasy league rates Chris Kelsay higher than Mario Williams? I wouldn't rate Kelsay ahead of Mario Cantone at this point.

Fantasy land, indeed.

Edited by Punch

Poz had a good shot at Ladanian in the Jets backfield early in the game. LT went right through him. I thought initially it might be rust, but no excuse, a linebacker with a clean shot at a RB in the backfield should always stop him in his tracks.

If you're talking about the first drive, I'm pretty sure that was Kelsay who got juked by LT.

I even remember sarcastically thinking that the extension was worth it right there.

How deluded can someone be that they use fantasy points to determine whether or not a player is worthy of a starting role or contract extension? And what the !@#$ kind of fantasy league rates Chris Kelsay higher than Mario Williams? I wouldn't rate Kelsay ahead of Mario Cantone at this point.

Fantasy land, indeed.

Or Mario Lopez!

What I can't help but notice about Kelsay is that he is virtually devoid of athleticism. I can't recall and instance where he's reacted instinctively to a play and just gone after the ball carrier or the QB. It's my understanding that the LB's in a 3-4 system are supposed to "make plays" when the linemen are there to occupy the blockers. Therein is Kelsay's biggest weakness, he just doesn't make plays......EVER.

The decision to resign this guy is absolutely mind boggling!

Kelsay got lit up by Cooper (Jets fullback) on one occasion and got regularly OWNED by the Jets backup tight end. He just couldn't fight off the block of the tight end. Running game, passing game, it didn't matter, he was just physically overmatched - against a BACKUP TIGHT END!! But hey, we have him for 4 more years at $6M a pop..

I cannot believe he was a Defensive End

Disagree. I watched the Miami game on DVR, and he certainly wasn't the problem early on - it was really the scheme (plus the obvious overall talent issue). They appeared to make some fixes, and they solidified thereafter. Poz is about fifty times better than Ellison, btw. I often think that his whiteness blinds people to the fact that he's an excellent run-and-chase pursuer from the MLB spot.

Poz is good, he just needs to be on a team where he Is not the best linebacker. If he cracked the starting line up as the 3rd or 4th best in like Green bay for example, he would be a solid linebacker and make some bigger plays.

Say what people want but Whitner and Poz are the only guys that seem to have a knack for finding and tackling ball carriers. If one of those two or Byrd are not in on the tackle chances are its going for 30 or 40 yards.

Or Mario Lopez!

What I can't help but notice about Kelsay is that he is virtually devoid of athleticism. I can't recall and instance where he's reacted instinctively to a play and just gone after the ball carrier or the QB. It's my understanding that the LB's in a 3-4 system are supposed to "make plays" when the linemen are there to occupy the blockers. Therein is Kelsay's biggest weakness, he just doesn't make plays......EVER.

The decision to resign this guy is absolutely mind boggling!

well maybe kelsey will come out like maybin and say he cant make plays since he is supposed to play within the system. This system seems to be always go to outside and away from the play

Say what people want but Whitner and Poz are the only guys that seem to have a knack for finding and tackling ball carriers. If one of those two or Byrd are not in on the tackle chances are its going for 30 or 40 yards.

Poz is not good. He was getting destroyed all game yesterday. I've said it all along, he is not a MLB because he cannot initiate contact OR shed a blocker. He should be a WLB in a 4-3 where he is protected by alignment and can just run and chase.

Has Donte ever made a play on the ball when it's in the air? He has 4 career int's and a CAREER 12 passes defensed (ZERO THIS YEAR). That means while the ball is in the air, he's only touched the ball a whopping 16 times throughout his career. He has no ball skills whatsoever and is a poor tackler.

Watch another team play for a few weeks and it might change your mind about what a good player looks like. The lack of talent on this team over the last 10 years has lowered your standards.

Ohhhhh i thought kelsay suck but then i read he got 9 points in your fantasy league. My kicker got more than that.

But kelsays 4 tackles and 1 assist show that you are right thats hes totally deserved a 4 year contract extension. whats that .... two of his tackles came in the second half when the game was basically over.... meaning he had two tackles when it counted.

not really sure where to begin with this one...

Who would Poz start over? David Harris or Bart Scott. The fact that Poz is mediocre makes him look good on that team.