Lee Evans For...

Of course we would love a 1st round pick but lets be realistic. I'd settle for a 2nd round and 4th round in 20ll plus another 2nd in 2012.

We need to start stock piling draft picks. We are losing either way with Evans and really he is a non-factor on this team being a #1 WR. Getting some pics in return and for one of our current RB's plus the top 3 pick in the overall draft (looking like #1 at this point) would be a good start. :thumbsup:

Of course we would love a 1st round pick but lets be realistic. I'd settle for a 2nd round and 4th round in 20ll plus another 2nd in 2012.

We need to start stock piling draft picks. We are losing either way with Evans and really he is a non-factor on this team being a #1 WR. Getting some pics in return and for one of our current RB's plus the top 3 pick in the overall draft (looking like #1 at this point) would be a good start. :thumbsup:

Let's be realistic? :lol:

Let's be realistic? :lol:

They'd be lucky to get a single 3rd for Evans. He isn't a #1 WR in the NFL. He is an

adequate deep threat in an offense that has other weapons, but he isn't really in the top 30

WRs in the NFL.

Guys like him are not a dime-a-dozen, but aren't that much more expensive.

OK, just a 2nd round and 4th round then. :thumbsup:

I would do just about any deal possible to move Lee off of this team. It comes down to production. He simply doesn't produce. I would take a 3rd rounder for him or even a conditional draft pick at this point. He's not worth two picks, let alone three picks. He'd probably be a nice addition to a playoff-bound team that already as some receiving threats and maybe they'd give up a 3rd rounder for him, but that's about as good as it's going to get.

I would do just about any deal possible to move Lee off of this team. It comes down to production. He simply doesn't produce. I would take a 3rd rounder for him or even a conditional draft pick at this point. He's not worth two picks, let alone three picks. He'd probably be a nice addition to a playoff-bound team that already as some receiving threats and maybe they'd give up a 3rd rounder for him, but that's about as good as it's going to get.

And the $ they save can go towards Lil Donte's and Pos' extensions. :D

They'd be lucky to get a single 3rd for Evans. He isn't a #1 WR in the NFL. He is an

adequate deep threat in an offense that has other weapons, but he isn't really in the top 30

WRs in the NFL.

That's a bingo.

Evans has been a disappointment, which makes him an above average first rounder on this team.

Edited by KD in CT

This is not baseball or hockey. When you are a lousy team you can't trade your few good players for draft picks to prepare for the future. Good teams don't want to give up first or second (or even third)round picks for good players. Especially during the season. They are great teams because they know how to draft so they want to hold onto their high picks. Trading a player like Evans for a 4th or lower pick just makes the Bills look like they are totally losing it as an organization (even more than they look now).

Improving the team means turning draft picks into good players not the other way around. Evans may not be a star, but he's a good player. Call me crazy, but I think the Bills should keep the few good players they have and try to get more.