Who else it at the point of anger

Thoner7

Who else here is so horribly fed up with how poorly this franchise is run, that they are actually starting to loathe them and enjoy their demise? I think I have actually gotten to that stage this week.

I think it really started-started during the 2006 off season. It all started when one of the worst players on the team(starters at least) - Chris Kelsy - was signed to a then enormous deal for any defensive end. This was dumbfounding to me, how could anyone actively want Kelsay on their team so much that they would horribly overpay for this man? But I got on, and looked to the draft. Our pick came and I was screaming for Ngata. Then, later in the draft, when I saw we traded up back into the first round I jumped off the couch screaming MANGOLD! Fast forward 4 years to this week and I have to relive that agony. As wee all know, this team resigned Chris Kelsay AGAIN! That has to be the lowest of all lows for me as a Bills fan. I watch this team piss away chances at winning that honestly, aren't even difficult. Like I dont blame the Bills for not drafting Clay Mathews - no one talked about him during the draft. But Maybin over Orakpo was the obvious choice - Thats why Orakpo was AT THE DRAFT, and Maybin was at home.

Ive gone on a tangent. I didn't want to start another "look what should have been" thread. I wanted to say that all week, with no conscious decision on my part, I just began to root against the Bills. I want them to lose, and lose bad. I cant explain it really, but ever since they resigned Kelsay, that normal un-dying desire to win has 180ed and now I hope they lose. I dont even care about the high draft pick (one I know hole-heartedly they will blow), I really think I just want the Bills to get what they have coming, get what they deserve. I just cant stand the thought of them winning when they make idiotic, truly unexplainable decisions with their roster.

Maybe its because I am a cold person, but the Bills deserve what they have coming, and I hope its as bad as it possibly can be. Has anyone else reached that point yet, or do I stand alone?

PS I know the above is no fault of the players themselves, but the ora of the team in its entity.

Edited by Thoner7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still curious about Gailey as head coach and want to see him play this season out. I've pretty much given up on Nix and Wilson, but don't see much change in the Wilson front. The question is whether they are going to see that they need personnel to get even a mediocre team and that if they want to build they have to start from the trenches back. That has been obvious for years and there is NO move to address theneeds we have.

Who else here is so horribly fed up with how poorly this franchise is run, that they are actually starting to loathe them and enjoy their demise? I think I have actually gotten to that stage this week.

Give yourself some credit. You got to that point years ago.

I think it really started-started during the 2006 off season. It all started when one of the worst players on the team(starters at least) - Chris Kelsy - was signed to a then enormous deal for any defensive end. This was dumbfounding to me, how could anyone actively want Kelsay on their team so much that they would horribly overpay for this man? But I got on, and looked to the draft. Our pick came and I was screaming for Ngata. Then, later in the draft, when I saw we traded up back into the first round I jumped off the couch screaming MANGOLD! Fast forward 4 years to this week and I have to relive that agony. As wee all know, this team resigned Chris Kelsay AGAIN! That has to be the lowest of all lows for me as a Bills fan. I watch this team piss away chances at winning that honestly, aren't even difficult. Like I dont blame the Bills for not drafting Clay Mathews - no one talked about him during the draft. But Maybin over Orakpo was the obvious choice - Thats why Orakpo was AT THE DRAFT, and Maybin was at home.

Ive gone on a tangent. I didn't want to start another "look what should have been" thread. I wanted to say that all week, with no conscious decision on my part, I just began to root against the Bills. I want them to lose, and lose bad. I cant explain it really, but ever since they resigned Kelsay, that normal un-dying desire to win has 180ed and now I hope they lose. I dont even care about the high draft pick (one I know hole-heartedly they will blow), I really think I just want the Bills to get what they have coming, get what they deserve. I just cant stand the thought of them winning when they make idiotic, truly unexplainable decisions with their roster.

Maybe its because I am a cold person, but the Bills deserve what they have coming, and I hope its as bad as it possibly can be. Has anyone else reached that point yet, or do I stand alone?

PS I know the above is no fault of the players themselves, but the ora of the team in its entity.

It's just a game. Save your anger for more worthy recipients...I believe there are quite a few dictators violating human rights out there.

It's just a game. Save your anger for more worthy recipients...I believe there are quite a few dictators violating human rights out there.

Even if he wanted to stick to sports he could save his anger for people like Kobe and Ben who abuse women.

Even if he wanted to stick to sports he could save his anger for people like Kobe and Ben who abuse women.

Good point. All Ralphie and his crew do is abuse Bills fans, and last I checked that wasn't against the law (although some of us think it should be). Kobe and Ben have victims, Ralphie and the boys just have suckers like us all.

This oddball franchise has been managed the same way for a very long time. Did you just recently come to the realization that this is a dysfunctional franchise? When it gets to the point that following this clown act is so distressing then it is time to do something else on Sunday. Last Sunday, against the Pats I shut the TV off and went outside and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather.

As SDS pointed out when what is supposed to be an entertaining activity becomes so exasperating then find something more enjoyable to do. Put things in perspective and expand your horizon. You will be okay. It is what it is.

Get a grip. It's a game for Pete's sake. If it doesn't entertain you stop watching and do something productive with your life.

:lol:

"Hey...you, over there...look at you...have you ever kissed a girl?" /Shatner

Edited by ajzepp

Who else here is so horribly fed up with how poorly this franchise is run, that they are actually starting to loathe them and enjoy their demise?

The answer to your question is "ex-Fans" of which you are now one. :P

Seriously, Scott has it right: if you're to the point where something has you wishing people ill, or worse yet enjoying wishing people ill....

it's time to re-consider what you spend your time on.

Life is short. Watch college football instead, or maybe take up bowling.

Life is short. Watch college football instead, or maybe take up bowling.

I suggest soccer. Constant activity makes it fun to watch. It is something you can enjoy with your kids. And is something you can actually play for your entire life and spend more time outside staying fit and less time on the couch. Like the man said, life is short, enjoy it!

God I hate when people say "it's just a game". If it was just a game, guys wouldn't get to demand millions of dollars to play it. If it was just a game, I wouldn't have to pay $350 to watch a crappy internet feed of it.

If we are paying to be entertained and are not getting entertained, then we have a right to be angry. And I don't want to hear how I should just watch and enjoy the game of football, because that is not all we are being sold. They sell us "The hope of winning" every year, not just the game of football.

You "angry" fans should just do what I, and a lot of others, have done...

Go order the NFL RedZone channel. Enjoy the sport for what it is (i.e. the greatest sport in the world), allow yourself to take some interest in what's going on around the league, keep track of the best plays of the day (including every point scored), and stop stressing out watching every single play of the Bills games. It's like crack for NFL fans...plus, you'll still see every score the Bills put up! :)

I never want to see them fail....ever!!

You can lament about who we could of and should have drafted and it won't help a thing. You can blame the signing of Kelsey as if it is some kind of eternal sign ... the truth is if we had better players we wouldn't need Kelsey.

This team will not progress until it gets proper leadership starting at the top. Great leaders have the ability to look forward and make the right decisions. To work a plan forward and not dwell on the past.

What would help greatly is a clearly defined organization with set goals. Since TD was fired the organization has been a mystery. Who is in charge? Who does what? Who cut Edwards? Who made that draft pick? Who signed that free agent? This is just crazy and this is the thing that frustrates me than anything else about the team. It would be nice if Buddy Nix would come out of hiding and explain what is going on and what the real plan is for this team. I guess we will hve to wait until the end of the season for that.

I will not root against them but my frustration level is very high.

God I hate when people say "it's just a game". If it was just a game, guys wouldn't get to demand millions of dollars to play it. If it was just a game, I wouldn't have to pay $350 to watch a crappy internet feed of it.

If we are paying to be entertained and are not getting entertained, then we have a right to be angry. And I don't want to hear how I should just watch and enjoy the game of football, because that is not all we are being sold. They sell us "The hope of winning" every year, not just the game of football.

The best thing in life is you have choices. You have a right to be angry but you don't have to pay $350 for a crappy internet feed. You can choose not to. They sell you the hope of winning but you don't have to buy it. In the big picture, it is just a game.