Mitchell asked to be released

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll happily oblige because it'll save some cash. And this means he'll be ready to play this season, which makes IR'ing him even dumber. God I hate this team.

He's not that good, but he's soooo much better than Kelsay lining up at OLB and trying to run with TE's. This organization is really something...

They'll happily oblige because it'll save some cash. And this means he'll be ready to play this season, which makes IR'ing him even dumber. God I hate this team.

IIRC, his injury should last 10-12 weeks. My guess is that he wants a release so he can latch on with a needy contender in Nov/Dec.

He's not that good, but he's soooo much better than Kelsay lining up at OLB and trying to run with TE's. This organization is really something...

Yes it is. Being a Bills fan should come with a season long supply of doggy bags. And maybe a dart board with Ralphie's face on it.

Meaningless. The guy is on IR but still under contract we can do whatever we want with him. He's not taking up a roster spot. The Bills are in the drivers seat. If they want him on the team, he stays and shows up at camp next year. If they don't think he's worth the money he's due for next season they have an out right now with an injury settlement.

We'll see what Gailey/Nix think of him by what happens. I always thought he was good at timing the snap and bringin pressure on inside blitzes and a decent run stopper.

Edited by Webster Guy

Not many jobs where a marginal employee being paid millions of dollars feels free to ask for his release while spending his working hours in the company hot tub.

What a country.

And don't forget he gets to question the decisions the front office makes via twitter, all while sitting on his a$$ collecting that paycheck.

I wonder that there are so many complaints about "the team's moves". Most of these "controversial" moves are common sense and steps forward for the organization. I can't say they're all what I would do, but I'm not on the inside. For the most part, I think we're adding by subtraction -- Schobel, Mitchell, Edwards, J Bell, C Simpson, D Jauron, Peters, . . . Are we really gonna say any one of these are damaging the future? And even, Jauron, Peters, etc. are ancient history -- different FO, different system.

Those of us who can't sit back and watch this year, believing that this is the beginning of a new future are going to make themselves (and the rest of us) CRAZY. Have a beer :beer: and start looking at this long term. I know, "Ten years ... blah, blah, blah." Yeah, they've been mediocre for ten years and they've screwed the draft in the past, but this is a new group: Nix is better than the last guy, Gailey is better than the last guy, Fitz is better than the last guy, etc.

Celebrate the little victories. (They're all we'll have for a while.) But, really, isn't this better today than it was a year ago??

Edited by Sabre Bill