Mitchell asked to be released

No he is looking to get an injury settlement, get signed somewhere else, and make more than he would just with the Bills. he knows the ship issailing without him, might as well try to get an exra payday.

These are the guys we need to jettison!!!

No team is going to pay him close to what the Bills paid him. Just another example of how people don't want to be in this poorly run organization once they see how it is operated. The guy went from the penthouse (super bowl victory) to the outhouse (longest stretch without playoffs), and I am not feeling sorry for him, he got paid, but I bet he was fed the same BS that us fans are, that there was a commitment to winning-what a freaking joke!

Edited by billsfreak

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll happily oblige because it'll save some cash. And this means he'll be ready to play this season, which makes IR'ing him even dumber. God I hate this team.

Maybe you keep a roster spot open for 12 weeks of the season for Ray Lewis and Brian Cushing, but man, you don't do it to save a spot for Mitchell.

I don't think there was any other play on this once he got hurt, unless they could have cut him right then.

Mitchell wanted to come back and play this year, which he wouldn't have been able to do here, and had a pretty good idea he wasn't going to be in their future plans. Sensible move for both sides.

Lets just jettison our best most experienced players, I think the fans are getting about as dumb as the organization. :thumbdown:

Boy you said it. Some of the fans on here, and bless their hearts, should walk around with a stick up their butt, so they really look like suckers.

Maybe you keep a roster spot open for 12 weeks of the season for Ray Lewis and Brian Cushing, but man, you don't do it to save a spot for Mitchell.

I don't think there was any other play on this once he got hurt, unless they could have cut him right then.

Maybe I am missing something here, but isn't he on the IR? Does that take up a roster spot? I didn't think it did. Maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Mitchell wanted to come back and play this year, which he wouldn't have been able to do here, and had a pretty good idea he wasn't going to be in their future plans. Sensible move for both sides.

no Th1S is jst nother b@d mov3 by stoopid b1llls again warrgrlw barrglwe arrhhh!!!

:nana:

Stop viewing the world through Troll eyes. This is an absurdly lopsided way to look at this event. I'm no Polyanna, but I don't look at a rainbow and complain about the rain . . . The guy wasn't helping and now he's gone. Just how does that spell DOOM?

Mario Haggan?? . . . Really??

Yes really. A guy that did not have to go on IR could have helped the team when he got back but the Bills would not hold a spot for him. Yea not the greatest of players but better than what we have now

It just shows and i can believe i am saying this, how this organization is run. I dont want to believe it, but everything i keep hearing and seeing clearly indicates that something is wrong. dont ya think?

troublemaker...voice of reason...lol...i agree with ya

Yes really. A guy that did not have to go on IR could have helped the team when he got back but the Bills would not hold a spot for him. Yea not the greatest of players but better than what we have now

It just shows and i can believe i am saying this, how this organization is run. I dont want to believe it, but everything i keep hearing and seeing clearly indicates that something is wrong. dont ya think?

Did you not see the interview Haggan just had? He said when he was in buffalo all he cared about was getting high cause he had the money to do so so your point is irrelevant.

I wonder that there are so many complaints about "the team's moves". Most of these "controversial" moves are common sense and steps forward for the organization. I can't say they're all what I would do, but I'm not on the inside. For the most part, I think we're adding by subtraction -- Schobel, Mitchell, Edwards, J Bell, C Simpson, D Jauron, Peters, . . . Are we really gonna say any one of these are damaging the future? And even, Jauron, Peters, etc. are ancient history -- different FO, different system.

Those of us who can't sit back and watch this year, believing that this is the beginning of a new future are going to make themselves (and the rest of us) CRAZY. Have a beer :beer: and start looking at this long term. I know, "Ten years ... blah, blah, blah." Yeah, they've been mediocre for ten years and they've screwed the draft in the past, but this is a new group: Nix is better than the last guy, Gailey is better than the last guy, Fitz is better than the last guy, etc.

Celebrate the little victories. (They're all we'll have for a while.) But, really, isn't this better today than it was a year ago??

Hmmmmm....let's see...

Fitz has replaced TE as QB, Lynch/Jackson at RB, Poz injured, Ellison at LB, worst offense in the NFL, 0 divisional wins..

Oh yeah, totally different than last year.

Good eye.

Did you not see the interview Haggan just had? He said when he was in buffalo all he cared about was getting high cause he had the money to do so so your point is irrelevant.

Maybe a bad example, but why is it every player that leaves here says the same thing about the organization. Why are all the football insiders and critics saying teh same thing.I'm not one to say that it is all Ralphs fault, but something smells really fishy to me...

Maybe a bad example, but why is it every player that leaves here says the same thing about the organization. Why are all the football insiders and critics saying teh same thing.I'm not one to say that it is all Ralphs fault, but something smells really fishy to me...

I mean your definetley right something is up...but I think when your organization is associated with 10 years of losing and bad decision making not to mention the area they are in makes players wish to be elsewhere

You know I liked the Mitchell signing, and his first year here I thought he played well. But last year when he tweeted, talking crap about Incognito,after he was already a Bill, he lost me. So good riddance to you Mitchell.

Edited by mob16151

Hmmmmm....let's see...

Fitz has replaced TE as QB, Lynch/Jackson at RB, Poz injured, Ellison at LB, worst offense in the NFL, 0 divisional wins..

Oh yeah, totally different than last year.

Good eye.

:unsure: Didn't say totally different, just said better. 30 points against new england* is better. Watching Spiller is better. Fitz, Gailey, Nix are all better than the previous guy. Sure, I'd rather see them beat the Pats*. I'd love to see them win 'em all. But . . . the light at the end of the tunnel seems a bit brighter this week, than it did at this time last year.

Don't have time to fret that KM is leaving and/or unhappy -- he wan't in the future plans, he never played up to the potential people thought they saw in him as a Giant.

Edited by Sabre Bill

:unsure: Didn't say totally different, just said better. 30 points against new england* is better. Watching Spiller is better. Fitz, Gailey, Nix are all better than the previous guy. Sure, I'd rather see them beat the Pats*. I'd love to see them win 'em all. But . . . the light at the end of the tunnel seems a bit brighter this week, than it did at this time last year.

Don't have time to fret that KM is leaving and/or unhappy -- he wan't in the future plans, he never played up to the potential people thought they saw in him as a Giant.

We were beating the Pats last year. We lost in a closer game. We were all excited about how well they played NE. No different there.

We've "watched" Spiller in 1 game, essentially. Gailey so far is the architect of the worst offense in the league. He just fired his personally tutored, hand picked (after exhaustive film study of '09 season and an entire off/preseason) QB. Nix's picks are injured or riding the pines on a bad team while he resigns other mediocrities that are "Buffalo good".

I guess there's light at the end of every tunnel, you can say.

Maybe I am missing something here, but isn't he on the IR? Does that take up a roster spot? I didn't think it did. Maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

No BF, and therein lies the rub - that is why (i think) that the NFL doesn't want players to be able to comeback during the season while on IR, b/c you could potentially stockpile players.

Oh, you'd still have to cut somebody when they came back, but you could at least test it out, and I have a star player go on IR for 3-4 weeks without any real consequences.

Note: That is also why the Bills could still have a 53 man roster but have about 20 guys on IR last year...b/c it doesn't count on your roster.