Kelsay extended

Coach Tuesday

We have no idea how much the extension is for....I will not crticize until I know facts. For all we know, it is a 1-2 million per deal. Now, if its $6 mil/year for 4 years.....how f*&king stupid can you be?

Edited by bills_fan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no idea how much the extension is for....I will not crticize until I know facts. For all we know, it is a 1-2 million per deal. Now, if its $6 mil/year for 4 years.....how f*&king stupid can you be?

Pro Football Weekly is reporting its a 4 year 24 million dollar contract. So yeah its 6 million a year.

Early reports were $24 mil over 4 yrs...

The reports have been it's 4 years $24 million since Gaughan's report on Sunday. So you won't believe that until it's official, thinking it may be a 4 year $4 million dollar deal?

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

You can sort by median salary, it will show all LBs from highest to lowest. I know they're using 2009 numbers but this would make Kelsay the 11th highest paid LB in the NFL on that list, at 6 mill per year.

Oh great, thanks for that stat, I feel much better. :wallbash: Does anybody believe Kelsay is the 11th best LB in the league? Besides our misguided FO?

I haven't read this thread so I don't know if this has already been said, but unless this is a sign and trade, which is doubtful, then I have no idea how kelsay deserves 6 million per season. That's about 1 million per sack, at least, and about 2 million per impact play. Kelsay has always been the same guy:

Solid but unspectacular.

I don't know how that equates to 6 million dollars per season. But hey: maybe I don't know the whole situation.

I haven't read this thread so I don't know if this has already been said, but unless this is a sign and trade, which is doubtful, then I have no idea how kelsay deserves 6 million per season. That's about 1 million per sack, at least, and about 2 million per impact play. Kelsay has always been the same guy:

Solid but unspectacular.

I don't know how that equates to 6 million dollars per season. But hey: maybe I don't know the whole situation.

seems like kelsay " blows "

Maybe its 2 million, 2 million, 2 million, and 18 million in the last year not guaranteed!!! Oh, never mind, I'm like everyone else wondering how and why. I've watched all three games and have only seen him chasing completed pass's down the field, no wonder his tackle stats are great.

This is beyond stupid.This is the twilight zone.

but does that include signing bonuses and incentives???

If the numbers are true, then it includes bonuses.

The only silver lining is that since Kelsay was due $6 mil this year, they convert 2010 salary to bonus, and then have another roster bonus in March of $2 mil, plus $2 mil salary in 2011. So it won't hurt too much to cut him later.

But that's not the issue however, as he's not worth the $6 mil they'r epaying him this year. No wonder Peters was pissed.

If the numbers are true, then it includes bonuses.

The only silver lining is that since Kelsay was due $6 mil this year, they convert 2010 salary to bonus, and then have another roster bonus in March of $2 mil, plus $2 mil salary in 2011. So it won't hurt too much to cut him later.

But that's not the issue however, as he's not worth the $6 mil they'r epaying him this year. No wonder Peters was pissed.

so at the very least, he's not being paid $6MILLION each year for four years. right?

Each of the last 3 Bills Front Office "regimes" are now responsible for prolonging the Chris Kelsay era:

-Donahoe drafted him high in the 2nd round

-Levy/Brandon/Overdorf gave him a giant raise and extension

-Nix now gives him a 2nd extension

I'm not sure why Ralph or anyone else that served continually at One Bills Drive during the past 8 years would have such a soft spot for Kelsay, but there's just no way he truly is a starting DE/OLB in this league worth that kind of money.

He's 30 years old and we're rebuilding? And Cornell Green's contract runs out when he's 37? Come on, now.

Edited by Punch

I want to hear someone interview Nix and see what he has to say. Nix has been a straight shooter so far, so I want to at least get it from the horses mouth...er...ass.

When I first heard Nix speak, I laughed out loud. Talk about hokey. Then he said he wasn't the smartest guy in the room. I thought he was joking, but this signing proves he wasn't.