Why KC 3-0 and Buffalo 0-3? Ownership.

DarthICE

I read an article in USA Today that reflects on this and they are dead on. KC's ownership is committed to WINNING. Look at the money they have invested, they paid greatly to get a guy that is considered 'the' man who built the partriots in Scott Pioli to be GM and handed him football operations. Look at their OC and DC's. Former HC's in some capasity AND Both have WINNING superbowl experience and are regarded as two of the best at their jobs. I am willing to bet that the combined salaries of Nix, Gailey and our coaches is about what Pioli's is alone.

Facts are Ralph Wilson has never, and will never put a premium on Front office staff and coaching. This has always been his issue and where his 'Cheap ass' reputation comes from, and rightfully so.

I read an article in USA Today that reflects on this and they are dead on. KC's ownership is committed to WINNING. Look at the money they have invested, they paid greatly to get a guy that is considered 'the' man who built the partriots in Scott Pioli to be GM and handed him football operations. Look at their OC and DC's. Former HC's in some capasity AND Both have WINNING superbowl experience and are regarded as two of the best at their jobs. I am willing to bet that the combined salaries of Nix, Gailey and our coaches is about what Pioli's is alone.

Facts are Ralph Wilson has never, and will never put a premium on Front office staff and coaching. This has always been his issue and where his 'Cheap ass' reputation comes from, and rightfully so.

Heading in right direction, but they are not as good as their 3-0 record indicates. Remember Bills were 4-0 and 5-1 before collapsing.

Whenever people throw around the "Ralph is cheap" line, it almost never applies to the players (or shouldn't). Players don't want to come here and when they do, they are vastly overpaid like that 50 million debacle spent on the line a few years ago. It was not until this year that he was willing to write a blank check to get a top coach and by that time, it was too late. The damage had been done and nobody in their right mind wanted to be a part of it.

Ralph could have saved money in the long run by getting an actual GM and coach YEARS ago instead of throwing money down the drain at c level talent that ends up getting cut soon after. Until Ralph is no longer around, lightning will have to strike with a franchise QB and solid oline. Until then........

You are absolutely correct in your assessment of Ralph, but the GM and coaching has much to do with KC being 3-0 and the Bills being 0-3. We have been bad from top to bottom this year, just like the past 10 or 11 seasons. No changes.

The obvious answer to the question is the Chiefs have played three teams that are a combined 1-9, whereas the Bills have played three teams that are a combined 6-3.

Very true. The Chiefs have also been in full rebuild mode for the last 3 years , with Pioli running the show for two, so they should be ahead of us in a way. For some reason our FO kept thinking we were a player or two away for 3 years under Jauron. Now we are into the full rebuilding mode.

The obvious answer to the question is the Chiefs have played three teams that are a combined 1-8, whereas the Bills have played three teams that are a combined 6-3.

That could be because two thirds of the teams that the Bills have played have been playing each other and it is kinda hard for someone not to win in that scenario.

I'm not sure if my response should be "no s**t", "so" or "and....". The only place it gets you is frustrated.

Can we vote RW off the Island? Send him home with parting gifts? I just hope we pay our Nate Clements, Pat Wms and Antoine Winfields so we don't have to keep drafting their replacements instead of building the team.

Remember 07? As with everything in life, things are never as bad or good as they seem.

The Denver Broncos started last season 6-0. Wow, Denver really has it together! Let's get that Josh McDaniels COY right now.

No playoffs.

I can't believe the day has come where Todd Haley....*Todd Haley* is considered a good coach.

Yeah, this thread is BS.. Like ownership has anything to do with this vs schedule!

KC got lucky beating an average Charger team at home, beat a bad Cleveland team, and beat an imploding Niner team at home. Lets see how they do no the road in the next two games against Indy and Houston before declaring them as "Winning".

Uh oh, Edwards is gone and DI is on a new vendetta, >.> at grampy Wilson :lol:

The Chiefs obviously have MUCH better ownership, management, and coaches than the Bills. They have drafted well recently are moving in the right direction. It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan.

I mean, Pioli and Haley vs Nix and Gailey? C'mon now...

And Weis, Crennel etc. For those still backing Wilson, yeah the Chiefs have sucked, but this is Pioli's 2nd full year as GM and they are at least headed in the right direction with ownership that wants to win. Even if somehow the wheels fall off, the point is the owner is willing to PAY top talent in an attempt to get where he wants to go. Wilson? Hey as cheap as he can get baby!

Yeah since polian was such a joke right??? Give it a rest ice

Wilson lucked into Polian and then fired him when he went against Wilsons cheap ways. Where was this team before Polian? Since Polian? Yeah nuff said.