Why KC 3-0 and Buffalo 0-3? Ownership.

DarthICE

Why in the previous three years did KC win 10 games while the Bills won 20? Same ownership, right?

yes - come on it's three games dolphins-packers-pats sd on a monday might at home--packers--49ers - not comparible

although in the AFC west 7-9 might take it...meanwhile we have three teams most likely to win double digit games

This:

Heading in right direction, but they are not as good as their 3-0 record indicates. Remember Bills were 4-0 and 5-1 before collapsing.

and...

The obvious answer to the question is the Chiefs have played three teams that are a combined 1-8, whereas the Bills have played three teams that are a combined 6-3.

and...

Why in the previous three years did KC win 10 games while the Bills won 20? Same ownership, right?

:thumbsup: [/thread]

Facts are Ralph Wilson has never, and will never put a premium on Front office staff and coaching. This has always been his issue and where his 'Cheap ass' reputation comes from, and rightfully so.

Agreed.

What's so frustrating is that they seem inclined to pay a 31 year old converted DE $24 million to play a position he's obviously not suited to play.

Sometimes I wish it was so simple as to say he's cheap. It's worse -- it's cheapness mixed in with unexplainable generosity.

I read an article in USA Today that reflects on this and they are dead on. KC's ownership is committed to WINNING. Look at the money they have invested, they paid greatly to get a guy that is considered 'the' man who built the partriots in Scott Pioli to be GM and handed him football operations. Look at their OC and DC's. Former HC's in some capasity AND Both have WINNING superbowl experience and are regarded as two of the best at their jobs. I am willing to bet that the combined salaries of Nix, Gailey and our coaches is about what Pioli's is alone.

Facts are Ralph Wilson has never, and will never put a premium on Front office staff and coaching. This has always been his issue and where his 'Cheap ass' reputation comes from, and rightfully so.

Schedule, that is all. Chiefs and their fans are in for a rude awakening, very soon.

They have played a schedule with a combined record of 1-8.

What was their record last year?

I read an article in USA Today that reflects on this and they are dead on. KC's ownership is committed to WINNING. Look at the money they have invested, they paid greatly to get a guy that is considered 'the' man who built the partriots in Scott Pioli to be GM and handed him football operations. Look at their OC and DC's. Former HC's in some capasity AND Both have WINNING superbowl experience and are regarded as two of the best at their jobs. I am willing to bet that the combined salaries of Nix, Gailey and our coaches is about what Pioli's is alone.

The Chiefs obviously have MUCH better ownership, management, and coaches than the Bills. They have drafted well recently are moving in the right direction. It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan.

I mean, Pioli and Haley vs Nix and Gailey? C'mon now...

Exactly it is like comparing Vince Lombardi to, well Chan Gailey? Montana to Losman? Donald Trump to a homeless person.

I thought it was tight spirals and squats.