How long before Buddy gets fired?

freester

Nix has made a series of terrible personnel moves. Terrible draft with which we are getting almost no production out of, wasting first round pick on RB , not keeping incognito, resigning Kelsay, mediocre free agent moves such as cornell at RT. He has done nothing to upgrade the talent on the team. I do think Gailey is a good HC, but we have an inexperienced DC. Overall, I feel he is overmatched for the job.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he should be on borrowed time right now. Every time we lose Ralph W. should lean into his ear and go "tick...tick....tick." Nix made crucially bad moves (Cornell Green, letting TO and Incardona and Schobel get away, getting Spiller instead of a good tackle or qb) and nightmare non-moves (free agency, trade, waiver wire).

Nine wins buddy...or time to go out to pasture.

Nix has made a series of terrible personnel moves. Terrible draft with which we are getting almost no production out of, wasting first round pick on RB , not keeping incognito, resigning Kelsay, mediocre free agent moves such as cornell at RT. He has done nothing to upgrade the talent on the team. I do think Gailey is a good HC, but we have an inexperienced DC. Overall, I feel he is overmatched for the job.

Its way to soon to bash Buddy. Incognito wanted out of Buffalo, Green was a safety net for LT incase Bell had not recovered fron his injury. The RB issue depend on a possible trade of Lynch

Its way to soon to bash Buddy. Incognito wanted out of Buffalo, Green was a safety net for LT incase Bell had not recovered fron his injury. The RB issue depend on a possible trade of Lynch

A three year nine million dollar contract for a "safety net"? That makes buddy even more stupid than I thought. Incognito wanted out of Buffalo mainly because they weren't offering anything significant for him to stay. When you say the Buffalo Bills "can't get deals done" you are really saying "the guy who makes deals can't get good deals done". The guy who makes deals is Buddy Nix. And he hasn't shown anything yet.

If you are the 1st year GM of a bad team, what do you do? Do you evaluate the talent on the team with more holes than swiss cheese and try to patch them quickly, more like Levy did as GM? Or do you build your team knowing it will take a few years to develop? Personally, in a weak QB draft year, I would take a can't miss RB with your #1 as a base to build around. It would take a few years to completely build your team, but in the long term it's the best game plan for long term success.

Give me a break... three games in and now the GM should be fired. Lame.

First year GM. I build from the trenches back. My first order of business is to assess talent. The need for two quality tackles jumps out. If I am going to go to a 3-4 I also assess talent. I try to find leaders who will create a positive attitude on offense and defense. Perhaps I sign Flozell Adams (winner) to play for a year or two instead of Cornell Green (loser). I might want to try and keep a nasty bruising lineman on my team (Incardona). I might gp after a linebacker free agent like Karlos Dansby. Dansby would be tghe basis of the defensive rebuild. Expensive but you want to build a program. I would have drafted Bualaga to anchor the offensive line. I would hve relied on Lynch and Jackson as starting running backs (actually Lynch and Jackson ARE the starting running backs.) I would have let TO go (I spent too much in getting Dansby to even think I'm going to sign him) and hope Parrish and Stevie step up. If I'm going 3-4 I draft linebackers and cut Maybin and Kelsay. I try to get a legitimate nose tackle.

These things were doable...they didn't get done.

You don't sit on your ass and waste a year. If you are going to rebuild, do it from day one.

First year GM. I build from the trenches back. My first order of business is to assess talent. The need for two quality tackles jumps out. If I am going to go to a 3-4 I also assess talent. I try to find leaders who will create a positive attitude on offense and defense. Perhaps I sign Flozell Adams (winner) to play for a year or two instead of Cornell Green (loser). I might want to try and keep a nasty bruising lineman on my team (Incardona). I might gp after a linebacker free agent like Karlos Dansby. Dansby would be tghe basis of the defensive rebuild. Expensive but you want to build a program. I would have drafted Bualaga to anchor the offensive line. I would hve relied on Lynch and Jackson as starting running backs (actually Lynch and Jackson ARE the starting running backs.) I would have let TO go (I spent too much in getting Dansby to even think I'm going to sign him) and hope Parrish and Stevie step up. If I'm going 3-4 I draft linebackers and cut Maybin and Kelsay. I try to get a legitimate nose tackle.

You don't sit on your ass and waste a year. If you are going to rebuild, do it from day one.

they are "doable" in your made up fantasy where everything you want to happens, happens. That's not the way real life works though dude.

what 3-4 linebackers would you have drafted, and when, that wouldve been able to start in their rookie season?

how do you convince Dansby and Adams to come here? Or are you just throwing around fake money, without knowing the cap repercussions?

I could make up a way to get all Pro-bowl talent at every position. Doesnt mean its the least bit possible.

Flozell Adams at the end of his career is going to be tough to bring to a re-building team...

Dansby would be great, but again, he's going to want to go to a contender...

I agree with building the O and D Line, this must be addressed next year. The Bills seriously need a LT, and maybe then move Bell to RT. They also need a legitimate pass rusher. They did try to address some of the line concerns with draft picks, but too early to tell if they will pan out. When a team has so many holes, it's very difficult to address everything in one offseason.

he should be on borrowed time right now. Every time we lose Ralph W. should lean into his ear and go "tick...tick....tick." Nix made crucially bad moves (Cornell Green, letting TO and Incardona and Schobel get away, getting Spiller instead of a good tackle or qb) and nightmare non-moves (free agency, trade, waiver wire).

Nine wins buddy...or time to go out to pasture.

Schobel kept his word and retired.

How many times must this be pointed out to you?

Nix did nothing wrong. Schobel wanted the Bills to make the decision for him, and they did.

As for Icognito, he was a Guard. The Bills have plenty of Guards. How many more do you want?

All good points

Weakest area of the team last season by far was the O line, the fact that Nix brought in Cornell Green to play RT and pays him 3 mil tells me he is clueless on judging right tackle talent. So what does this tell me about this GM's ability to judge other talent...it scares the hell out of me that he will be overseeing next years draft

I get that so many are OK with rebuilding the team through the draft, what I don't get is that to him Green was the best value out there to upgrade the O line?

This team still needs a RT-C-QB-OLB-TE and I'm still not sold on Bell at LT

So In Buddy nix's own words, he is going to get some sleep while free agency starts...so yea, he did sit on his ass and waste a year

If you are the 1st year GM of a bad team, what do you do? Do you evaluate the talent on the team with more holes than swiss cheese and try to patch them quickly, more like Levy did as GM? Or do you build your team knowing it will take a few years to develop? Personally, in a weak QB draft year, I would take a can't miss RB with your #1 as a base to build around. It would take a few years to completely build your team, but in the long term it's the best game plan for long term success.

Right on.....

I’m not happy with the first 3 weeks of the season, and being out of town I’m already hearing crap from fans of other teams, but I seriously doubt there was any expectation with ownership and management that this team was capable a winning record this season. And after one draft and free agency period I can’t see how that is enough to evaluate Nix’s 1 year tenure as a failure. After a decade of muddling around .500 this franchise needs to hit ‘rock bottom’ and build from there. The truth is this team needs rebuilding, not reloading.

IMO, Buddy Nix is going to spend 3 years rebuilding this team and then hand over control to Doug Whaley. Whaley was brought into the Asst. GM position with the understanding that a succession plan is in place here.

In the meantime, we the fans are going to suffer through this season. The 3-4 defense transition is going to be painful because most players are unfamiliar with their roles and responsibilities, have very little experience with it, and in some cases are not suited for playing the positions they’re asked to play. And along with a new DC stepping into the coordinators role for the first time, the only way to learn, is to do. Experience is the best teacher it is said.

We know the deficiencies in the offense, upgrade to QB, O-line, somebody to step up into the #2 receiver role. Some of this is going to be fixed through experience, the rest through the next couple drafts and free agency periods.

I understand the concern because we've been down this road too many times this decade but I also believe for the first time in a long time that we've got a GM and coach who know what they're doing....

A three year nine million dollar contract for a "safety net"? That makes buddy even more stupid than I thought. Incognito wanted out of Buffalo mainly because they weren't offering anything significant for him to stay. When you say the Buffalo Bills "can't get deals done" you are really saying "the guy who makes deals can't get good deals done". The guy who makes deals is Buddy Nix. And he hasn't shown anything yet.

FYI - Incognito is a guard. We have two starters.

Newsflash! NFL contracts are not guaranteed. He can be cut at anytime and not be owed anything more than his signing bonus and current year salary depending on when he was cut...

What difference would Incognito have made? In your mind, do you have him starting in front of Wood or Levitre?