Overall an entertaining game.

DarthICE

First off, this is the first Bills game since the opener last year at NE that I and the guys I watch the game with were still interested in deep into the 4th quarter.

The Good:

This offense did well today. Sorry to all those screaming about the OL, they looked good today. Great? No, but good. The last INT was not on Fitz, all the TE had to do was put his friggin hands up and it is a catch or an incomplete pass. The int in the endzone was just a bad overthrow.

Spiller! Showed on a couple runs, the return and such he needs to be out there more. Bring him along slowly my ass! Get the kid on the damn field!

The Route running by two of our WR's and the Running game. Great hard running, good route running, some nifty moves.

The Bad:

Our secondary. Sorry folks if anyone thinks this secondary is all that they are sadly mistaken. open WR's for NE all over the field, 3 DB's around Moss on the TD.

The Ugly:

This is hands down THE worst Defense we have fielded in this decade. Honest to God I don't think any member of our front 7 could start on another team. No pass rush, no real threat of it, no ability to stop the run and they all get pushed 5 yards downfield! Enough talk of OL issues, the OL needs some work but this Defense flat sucks.

We need so much help in the front 7 it will take two more offseasons of Drafting and free agency to get this defense up to speed IF we draft better than we did this last offseason.

Dante Whitner, get his ass off this team already. You are upset teams are laughing at you dante, you SUCK that is why. He is a bust of a first round pick and honestly a liability on this defense. Ship his whiny, mouthy ass outta here.

Officiating, it was 'just give it to em' all over again! And WTF was that celebration penalty for? Seriously?

Crappy defense aside, the offense showed up today and did well all things considered. We were in the game pretty much the entire way and challenged NE on the road and made it an entertaining game.

I would like to see a replay of Steve Johnson post-TD and what he got a penalty for? Announcers said he taunted one of the clowns on the sidelines dressed as a mintueman? Seriously?

Anyone got a video of that?

He didn't taunt them. He stood next to them and acted as if he was holding a rifle. He "shot" the rifle and knocked himself backward. It was fun to see a Bill celebrating a meaningful TD.

The Bad:

Our secondary. Sorry folks if anyone thinks this secondary is all that they are sadly mistaken. open WR's for NE all over the field, 3 DB's around Moss on the TD.

You're off base here. The secondary is very good. That ridiculously bad front 7 you mentioned makes their efforts go to waste. We get zero pass rush. NFL rules virtually guarantee open receivers if you get some time. You just can't cover forever, and you can't cover much better than most of our DB's did today. The Moss TD you mentioned was blown coverage by our least talented db (Whitner) but overall this secondary is way above average. NE would take our guys (save Whitner) any day over what they have out there. Our struggles on D are a product of no talent on the DL or at LB.

You're off base here. The secondary is very good. That ridiculously bad front 7 you mentioned makes their efforts go to waste. We get zero pass rush. NFL rules virtually guarantee open receivers if you get some time. You just can't cover forever, and you can't cover much better than most of our DB's did today. The Moss TD you mentioned was blown coverage by our least talented db (Whitner) but overall this secondary is way above average. NE would take our guys (save Whitner) any day over what they have out there. Our struggles on D are a product of no talent on the DL or at LB.

:thumbsup:

Yup. Unfortunately, Brady had all day to throw with the non-existent pass rush. He will carve up any secondary with that kind of time.

I actually don't feel blah after this one. They are going to lose alot, if not all, of the remaining games but if they can keep it entertaining like today and show signs of improvement then I will stay tuned in and not my typical zombie state.

The Lynch-Spiller combo is fun to watch. Spiller needs to do better on picking up blocks but he will learn. Green was a waste of pick-up. Fitzy has no arm but he is tough, smart, and fun to watch. Those were some horrible INTs, but after watching Trent, the fact he is taking chances and trying to win is refreshing. I like the on-side call and thought the play calling was great

The really bad thing we are going to have to address is DLine. Every time I saw Maybin on the field I knew we were going to give up a big play.

The unsportsman like was some bad timing. Normally, I curse any player for that crap but as I said on the couch I could not help but chuckle a little bit. Show improvement, find a new owner/buyer, and GO BILLS!!!

Fitzy gives us a chance to win every game we play. He can move around reasonably well, and always throws to the correct receiver. His problem is he throws high sometimes as we saw on the pick in the endzone. But the guy is a leader and a gamer, and keeps our team from being embarrasing, and instead actually entertaining. As for the defense. Our front seven is the WORST in football by far. And our safeties are right there. I agree that not one of our front seven would start for most teams. Stroud is blown back continuously. He plays with absolutely no leverage whatsoever. He is through. The linebackers have no athleticsm or range whatsoever. This is the worst D we have fielded in many years. The 3rd and 6 at the end of the game. This is a gimmie by the Pats to just run clock. No misdirection. Just off tackle to the right side. Johnson, Torbor and Davis were just demolished. And they just got the first down. Game over. We look physically WEAK on Defense. Just not strong. Maybin has gone 19 games without a sack. I don't think he could beat many OT's in decent D-1 programs to be honest. On one play he tried to bullrush Matt Light and it looked like he hit a brick wall. Never seen a guy with his build play in the NFL. He is kind of built like TO. Very cut, but no strength to be playing with the men near the line of scrimmage. And does anyone else think that Keith Ellison may be the least physical and nonathletic player in the NFL?

The Bad:

See I thought the secondary was fine aside from some mistakes made by Whitner. It was the front 7 that couldn't generate anything resembling a pass rush. No secondary can contain Moss, Welker, and Hernandez when Brady can just sit back there all day. The touchdown pass to Moss was just a perfect pass that only a QB like Brady is going to make (again, especially when he has no one in his face.)

Edited by Talley56

Until today, the front 3 at least made it difficult to run. It's no secret that we were gonna go through some growing pains with the OLBs, or the 4-3 DEs playing out of place, more like. I think both the lack of a pass rush, and the inability to cover TEs falls at their feet, and both killed us today. Unfortunately, I don't think the answers to this problem will be found this season.

BTW, love the username.

"Eat it, man! Not a lot, just a little piece. I'm sayin', Easy Wind is a lyin' moon cricket. But maybe on this one, he wasn't really lyin', 'cause I did it. For a small nickel. See, see, he leaves that part out. Five yards man. And it was only a little bitty piece of ****. I mean, it didn't really have no taste, either. Spongy."

I would like to see a replay of Steve Johnson post-TD and what he got a penalty for? Announcers said he taunted one of the clowns on the sidelines dressed as a mintueman? Seriously?

Anyone got a video of that?

They showed it on TV. He lined up with the minute men and pretended to be shot dead and fell down.

I guess by the current rules that is excessive celebration.

Officiating, it was 'just give it to em' all over again! And WTF was that celebration penalty for? Seriously?

Seriously? Come on darth. A good post except for this homer horseshit. Did you not see the block in the back on the spiller TD kickoff return? Things get missed. Overall it was well officiated and not biased at all. Even the worst homer should have seen that.

See I thought the secondary was fine aside from some mistakes made by Whitner. It was the front 7 that couldn't generate anything resembling a pass rush. No secondary can contain Moss, Welker, and Hernandez when Brady can just sit back there all day. The touchdown pass to Moss was just a perfect pass that only a QB like Brady is going to make (again, especially when he has no one in his face.)

ahh. you must have mentally blocked out reggie corner today. he was horrible.

With all the Whitner bashing going on, Jairus Byrd looked terrible out there today. But lets forget all that because as soon as Whitner is off the team, our secondary will be #1 in the league. :wallbash:

No it won't but it can improve. The guy is a liability out there