Fitzpatrick threw 2 costly INT's, yet....

The Poojer

Hey we all said it this wekk...Fitzy isnt the future but he gives a chance to win that game

I cant remember i was this pleased with a loss....Im not upset about those two picks at all....With a different QB we win that game and we almost did with fitzy's inaccuracy

Gailey showed his reputation today. Getting the most out of his players. Just imagine what he can do with a stud QB

Ill Take it and i hope we can build on it

Build on it yes, but please continue losing so we can draft a darn QB. no 5 - 11 record pls . we need some talent..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that career backup is unfortunately the best QB on this roster right now. Yeah, they were painful picks, but at least it was an entertaining game this time (maybe not the 2nd half).

I wouldn't be completely sure about that. I thought Brohm showed real flashes of talent in the preseason. That doesn't mean I KNOW he will be good, but I think he may actually combine a higher level of talent than either Trent or Fitz, with Fitz-like guts and competitiveness. But if Fitz continues to play well (minus the game killing mistakes) I'm in no hurry to rush Brohm to the starting spot.

One thing is for sure in my mind, Trent would have stunk the joint up today. Many of the plays Fitz made seem to be out of Trent's comfort zone.

At least the losses might be a bit closer. Two absolutley killer INT's. That's acceptable for Bills fans these days.

I don't believe it is "acceptable" to any Bills fan. But I believe one-whine-fits-all chants of "a loss is a loss" or "the Bills suck and will always suck", etc are far dumber, if you are really trying to evaluate the team and its future. Clearly there are some posters here who seem incapable of ever diagnosing and fixing an problem because they would simply throw something away if it didn't work perfectly, or replace everyone associated with a losing performance. IMO, the best approach is to try to honestly evaluate what works, what doesn't and why.

The problem with the team the past two weeks, and honestly the past few years, is it has been hard to figure out what parts are worth keeping, what parts are improving, what parts have potential, etc. If the Bills continue to lose, but do it like they did today, those observations might be a bit easier to make. You really can't tell if a WR is any good if the QB can't/won't get the ball to him, for example.

Should I assume you will continue to take shots at the die-hard Bills fans who will continue to talk about the ups and downs of the team, criticize, praise, find room for improvement when they win (someday!) find silver linings in hard fought losses? I mean why not? It's really easy to do, requires virtually no effort or thought.

Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions last year. After a performance like today, where the Bills score 23 offensive points after 17 in the last two weeks combined, it is utterly incomprehensible to me that anyone would suggest starting Trent Edwards over Ryan Fitzpatrick, and that line of thinking is akin to being mentally challenged.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1428

He threw 28 picks as a rookie. Instead the correct number is 16 picks for last year.

Huh?

Exactly my first thought

At least the losses might be a bit closer. Two absolutley killer INT's. That's acceptable for Bills fans these days.

What's acceptable to me, is seeing a QB actually throw the ball down field. It is simply amazing how much that helps every other facet of the offense. The opponents can't just crowd everybody up on the line to stuff the run, and they have to pay attention to the whole field, not just 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. And thus the offensive line even looks better. I don't like interceptions, especially ones that potentially cost us the game, but I'll TAKE them over the horribly inept offense we've been watching with Trent at QB.

Fitz is a pretty good QB but he lacks accuracy. Those two INTs where just that. But when was the last Bills QB throw for over 250 yards? Fitz had 247 today.

PTR

Good call, I was thinking when was the last time the blls offense scored 30 points in a game? I mean a time when they scored 30 without 5 turnovers or the defense scoring a td?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is who we thought he was. If he had good accuracy, he would be a borderline elite QB. But he has bad accuracy, and there you go. But at least we were fun to watch. When was the last time you legitimately enjoyed a Bills game as a football fan with Edwards under center? San Diego in 2008, that's when.

Those two INT's were killers, but guess what....with Trent this game is easily a 41-6 blowout. Fitz showed once again, he knows what's coming at him, he knows where to throw the ball almost everytime, he knows the situation and has pocket presence. His only problem is getting the ball there sometimes...but overall i thought he did a terrific job. He kept drives alive and called some great audibles. His presence made everyone around the offense better, as opposed to our other QB who makes everyone worse. I'm happy Fitz is the guy now,

Parrish comes wide open over the middle, exactly what he wanted there. Maybe the ball just sailed on him (it looked more like a toss to a 6'5" TE than a smurf wideout. But should be a TD nontheless.

That's where it helps to have a James Hardy-like player or a big TE like Jermichael Finley. A lot of these great QB's don't need to be perfect every time, because they have these big receivers that can go up and get anything.

:thumbsup:

I definitely agree and if the rest of the season looks like today did with "trying to win" I would be willing to keep him as a starter for 1 more year while we address other needs. If we had a couple more OL and a LB and DE and then went after a QB the following year we might be legit.