Katy Perry's boobs pulled on Sesame Street

Beerball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't love is our stupid faux-Puritanical society, which somehow thinks this would "scar" 3 year olds.

I know, right? Really when they see that, they're probably thinking 'lunch!'.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I'll take Zooey Deschanel over Katy Perry (they have similar faces), but yeah she's a hottie. What I don't love is our stupid faux-Puritanical society, which somehow thinks this would "scar" 3 year olds.

At the same time, I don't think we should be putting pop-stars on Sesame Street. The show is supposed to be about learning basic stuff, not about becoming a lemming to society and buying all the latest pop-star songs.

When I was a kid, the only "pop stars" I can remember that were on the show were C3P0 and R2D2, and that was only on one or two episodes.

Less corporate brainwashing, especially on PBS, please.

But, they are worth mentioning.

Granted. They are spectacular (and I've never even used the word spectacular before).

I still say it is more accurate to refer to her in all instances as Katy Perry's Boobs. Actually, the most appropriate name would be Katy Perry('s boobs).

Edited by gringo starr

At the same time, I don't think we should be putting pop-stars on Sesame Street. The show is supposed to be about learning basic stuff, not about becoming a lemming to society and buying all the latest pop-star songs.

When I was a kid, the only "pop stars" I can remember that were on the show were C3P0 and R2D2, and that was only on one or two episodes.

Less corporate brainwashing, especially on PBS, please.

It's not about marketing to kids. Most of those kids are around preschool age and don't know who the stars are and don't care. The celebs are there for the adult's entertainment. Sesame Street makes a point of writing stuff in for adults to give them more of an incentive to watch with their kids. I know I was looking forward to watching the Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Fallon, Diana Krall and Adam Sandler episodes with my daughter. She doesn't give a crap who it is, but I might get a chuckle out of it. I also didn't mind the cameos with Eva Longoria, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum. :worthy:

Sesame Street has a long history of inviting celebs and pop stars so you're memory isn't so good in this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_guest_stars_on_Sesame_Street

Also interesting that Katy Perry hasn't be the oddest selection in the show's history.

http://flavorwire.com/119578/sesame-streets-10-weirdest-celebrity-guests

Edited by MattyT

Granted. They are spectacular (and I've never even used the word spectacular before).

I still say it is more accurate to refer to her in all instances as Katy Perry's Boobs. Actually, the most appropriate name would be Katy Perry('s boobs).

My roommate just refers to her as "a singing pair of breasts."

You have a bad memory. Pop stars have been part of the Street forever. (So many I can't list...here's the list of just hte "As" followed by the complete list.)

* Jessica Alba, defining the word "scrumptious"

* Buzz Aldrin, who answers Cookie Monster's question about whether the Moon is a big cookie

* Jason Alexander

* Maya Angelou one segment with some of the kids and Elmo singing about the fact they like their names 'just fine'.

* Kofi Annan, then the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Annan defuses a conflict between the Muppet monsters. Annan has also appeared on Takalani Sesame, a South African adaptation of the series.

* India.Arie

* Alan Arkin

* Will Arnett

* Arthur Ashe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrity_guest_stars_on_Sesame_Street

!@#$ing attention whore. Seriously showing cleavage on sesame street? I would never wear tight !@#$ing pants to show off my package on a kids show. Like I said, !@#$ing attention whore

With the obvious difference being we don't really want to see package...at least not your package

It's not about marketing to kids. Most of those kids are around preschool age and don't know who the stars are and don't care. The celebs are there for the adult's entertainment. Sesame Street makes a point of writing stuff in for adults to give them more of an incentive to watch with their kids. I know I was looking forward to watching the Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Fallon, Diana Krall and Adam Sandler episodes with my daughter. She doesn't give a crap who it is, but I might get a chuckle out of it. I also didn't mind the cameos with Eva Longoria, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum. :worthy:

Sesame Street has a long history of inviting celebs and pop stars so you're memory isn't so good in this case: http://en.wikipedia....n_Sesame_Street

Also interesting that Katy Perry hasn't be the oddest selection in the show's history.

http://flavorwire.co...elebrity-guests

You're fooling yourself if you don't think this is marketing. You really think that adults wanted to hear Katie Perry's song? Doubtful.

That list on Wikipedia needs to include dates.... Maybe there were a bunch in the 70s that like you said, I just don't remember...

You're fooling yourself if you don't think this is marketing. You really think that adults wanted to hear Katie Perry's song? Doubtful.

That list on Wikipedia needs to include dates.... Maybe there were a bunch in the 70s that like you said, I just don't remember...

Marketing? Or doing what the Street has always done: Cater to both child and parent?

When my daughter was still in the Sesame Street phase, I enjoyed the celebrities, and because I enjoyed them, so did she. How is that bad?

You have a bad memory. Pop stars have been part of the Street forever. (So many I can't list...here's the list of just hte "As" followed by the complete list.)

* Buzz Aldrin, who answers Cookie Monster's question about whether the Moon is a big cookie

* Jason Alexander

* Maya Angelou one segment with some of the kids and Elmo singing about the fact they like their names 'just fine'.

* Kofi Annan, then the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Annan defuses a conflict between the Muppet monsters. Annan has also appeared on Takalani Sesame, a South African adaptation of the series.

* India.Arie

* Alan Arkin

* Will Arnett

* Arthur Ashe

http://en.wikipedia....n_Sesame_Street

Jessica Alba - Recent

Buzz Aldrin - Educational, not popstar

Jason Alexander - recent

Maya Angelou - Educational

Kofi Annan - hardly a popstar, probably educational

India Arie - Who? Looks recent though, as she was born in 1975

Alan Arkin -Who?

Arthur Ashe - What was the date?

I'm not arguing that they're putting pop stars on now - I'm arguing that I don't remember any of them from the late 70s, and the list you put in this post backs that as the older people (Aldrin, Angelou) could be covering good educational topics for kids.

I'll take Zooey Deschanel over Katy Perry (they have similar faces), but yeah she's a hottie. What I don't love is our stupid faux-Puritanical society, which somehow thinks this would "scar" 3 year olds.

:worthy:

!@#$ing attention whore. Seriously showing cleavage on sesame street? I would never wear tight !@#$ing pants to show off my package on a kids show. Like I said, !@#$ing attention whore

Ummmm, you do know that costume designers that work for Sesame Street decide what people on the show will wear, right?

* Jason Alexander

* India.Arie

* Alan Arkin

* Will Arnett

* Arthur Ashe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrity_guest_stars_on_Sesame_Street

One of my favorites;

"Chickens just back from the shore" :lol:

Jessica Alba - Recent

Buzz Aldrin - Educational, not popstar

Jason Alexander - recent

Maya Angelou - Educational

Kofi Annan - hardly a popstar, probably educational

India Arie - Who? Looks recent though, as she was born in 1975

Alan Arkin -Who?

Arthur Ashe - What was the date?

I'm not arguing that they're putting pop stars on now - I'm arguing that I don't remember any of them from the late 70s, and the list you put in this post backs that as the older people (Aldrin, Angelou) could be covering good educational topics for kids.

Arthur Ashe:

I'll let you guess the decade based on appearance.

Other celebs who were on the Street in the 70s

The Pointer Sisters

Stevie Wonder

Lou Rawls

Jackie Robinson

Lena Horne

Billy Joel

Henry Winkler (with an "A" on his chest, of course)

Johnny Cash

and my favorite: Richard Pryor!!!

(who looks high even in his Sesame Street vid)

That's a partial list I found on the web. There were others in the 70s but also understand, the show was just getting traction in the 70s so naturally, there are more celebs now than then.

Edited by Peace