Vegas line

CodeMonkey

Wow, another huge spread this week.

My brain says give the points but my heart won't allow it. Particularly against those !@#$ing cocksucking cheaters.

I actually cahsed in last week by laying 13.5 against the Bills. It was a tough decision which I weighed until the last minute because 13.5 is a big number. I got a pretty good scare in the 2nd quarter but the game played out the way I thought it would and I'm $181.00 richer (risked $200. - vig.) because of it. This week I think I'll take the Bills in a 3 team 10 point teaser and hope that they keep it respectable. BTW I lost a 3 team 10 point teaser last week because of the Cowboys. I had Nebraska and Atlanta Falcons (which both covered easily) then I only needed the Cowboys +1 1/2 at home to cash in. :wallbash::bag:

Better luck this week. Any suggestions?

Buffalo at the Pats -14 is the latest line. NE coming off loss at NY, now are at home, and Buffalo gets whacked at GB and stays on the road. Everything says take the Pats and give up the points. Grab your sack and take the Bills plus the points.Third week of the season is always ripe with upsets versus the line. This is a trap game

Bills might be the pick here ... last year they lost 2 games by a total of 8 points. Spread is nearly double that. This spread is being driven in large part by the blowout loss in GB last week. But anyone watching that game and the Pats/Jets, can see GB is a much better team right now than NE.

Take the Bills and the points.

I'm encouraged that Fitz is back in the drivers seat. Problem is, he has virtually no one to throw to. Evans and our backfield receivers are solid, but the rest are a walking tip drill waiting to happen. So if you're the Patriots, you do what you've always done - double or triple Evans and force the Bills to throw to anyone other than the running backs underneath. I feel well about the defense, even after last week. They only gave up 357 or so yards to a team that's likely to see the super bowl. The offense made sure that Green Bay had superior field position. Tom Brady, however, is not without weapons of his own and will exploit a 3-4 that's still trying to find their chemistry. Pats roll 28-13.

I just checked the NY Post; I think the line has moved away from the Bills every day this week. Opened at 11 and is now 14!! A 3 point swing in the spread (absent a big injury) is almost unheard of. Money has been pouring into the Pats* giving less than two TDs; and that generally means it's the wise bet.

If you can still get the Pats* -13 or -13.5, I think it's a lay up. They are at home and coming off a loss; they will look to pound the Bills.

p.s. where's BuffOrange? He's always good for some betting analysis.

The "betting public" isn't likely to view the Fitz-for-Edwards move the same way knowledgeable Buffalo fans do -- they simply see it as "starting QB benched for backup." Thus, the movement in the line towards the Pats*. Speaking strictly from a gambling perspective, I think the Bills are the better play here. Division game, rivalry, and the QB change is a positive. Buffalo hasn't been terrible at Foxboro the last couple of years. I'm thinking 24-13 or something along those lines.

From a Yahoo sports article ...

The 13-game winning streak, which has featured an average margin of 17.9 points, is tied with San Diego’s run against Oakland for the longest active streak in any NFL series.

The current Bills seem unlikely to end the drought. They are last in the NFL with 17 points and 352 yards

If it wasn't the cheatriats I'd give the points this week in a heartbeat.

You cheer with your heart but bet with your brain..And this is EEEE-Z Money.

Take the Pats at home against an inept Bills Offense with a QB who's had few snaps with first team.

It was easy money with Green Bay last week and it's easy money again this week if the spread remains at 13.

I'm surprised the spread isn't more. 13 points in the first half maybe... ;)

Wow, another huge spread this week.

My brain says give the points but my heart won't allow it. Particularly against those !@#$ing cocksucking cheaters.

If Capt Terrible was the qb i'd lay the points all the way to the bank. I think the team sees the switch as a positive. It should get 1 player out of the box and open up the run game a little, not sure if it's enought to keep it close. If I had a gun to my head i'd take the points but I'll skip this game to see what the team looks like with a QB that WILL throw passes more than 5 yards past the LOS.

I actually cahsed in last week by laying 13.5 against the Bills. It was a tough decision which I weighed until the last minute because 13.5 is a big number. I got a pretty good scare in the 2nd quarter but the game played out the way I thought it would and I'm $181.00 richer (risked $200. - vig.) because of it. This week I think I'll take the Bills in a 3 team 10 point teaser and hope that they keep it respectable. BTW I lost a 3 team 10 point teaser last week because of the Cowboys. I had Nebraska and Atlanta Falcons (which both covered easily) then I only needed the Cowboys +1 1/2 at home to cash in. :wallbash::bag:

In my experience, the majority of 3-team teasers end the same way you described; the bettor covers 2 out of 3 (sometimes easily) and then loses the third leg. So afterward, it becomes like a weird mirror trick where you feel like you were closer to winning the bet than you actually were. People rarely win a 3-team teaser, but they do cover 2 of the 3 legs a lot.

I would avoid teasers as much as possible. If you had just placed 3 separate bets on Nebraska, Atlanta, and Dallas, you would've won money overall. Nice job cashing the Green Bay bet.

I would take the Bills +14.5 or 15 which is what the line might be at most books on Sunday. I do think the Bills will play better with Fitzpatrick and getting that many points is usually good value in a divisional game.

Buffalo at the Pats -14 is the latest line. NE coming off loss at NY, now are at home, and Buffalo gets whacked at GB and stays on the road. Everything says take the Pats and give up the points. Grab your sack and take the Bills plus the points.Third week of the season is always ripe with upsets versus the line. This is a trap game

The "betting public" isn't likely to view the Fitz-for-Edwards move the same way knowledgeable Buffalo fans do -- they simply see it as "starting QB benched for backup." Thus, the movement in the line towards the Pats*. Speaking strictly from a gambling perspective, I think the Bills are the better play here. Division game, rivalry, and the QB change is a positive. Buffalo hasn't been terrible at Foxboro the last couple of years. I'm thinking 24-13 or something along those lines.

"Trap game". "Rivalry"? Oy. The Bills have lost 13 straight and are a worse team than they were last year right now.

I agree the change to Fitz is "a positive", but just from a "less embarrassment" point of view on gameday.

You cheer with your heart but bet with your brain..And this is EEEE-Z Money.

Take the Pats at home against an inept Bills Offense with a QB who's had few snaps with first team.

It was easy money with Green Bay last week and it's easy money again this week if the spread remains at 13.

I'm surprised the spread isn't more. 13 points in the first half maybe... ;)

14.5 most places now, 15.5 at one that I saw.