39 rookies starting in the NFL this year

offyourocker

So I was just listening to NFL network and they mentionned that 39 rookies are starting this year in the NFL which is a record. So you would think that bottom dwellers would have the most rookies starting. How many do the Bills have??? Big 0. Looks like another great draft.

THis is amazing. The Bills lack playmakers and talent at almost every position and not one starter? I do think Spiller and Troup will be in a year or 2 though.

Well, I don't know where you got your numbers from, but Spiller started in week 1.... and troup seems to get more snaps than Kyle... so, you are a little off with your "0" number.

Well I would be hard pressed to call Spiller a starter right now. I love that we have him. My point is that why dont we have more rookies starting. But if you are just wanting to play with semantic, go right ahead.

New England managed to get a TE in the fourth that now starts for them. Their second round pic, another TE look much better than any TE we have on the team.

Edited by offyourocker

So I was just listening to NFL network and they mentionned that 39 rookies are starting this year in the NFL which is a record. So you would think that bottom dwellers would have the most rookies starting. How many do the Bills have??? Big 0. Looks like another great draft.

Beyond meaningless. What does "starter" mean anyway? On the field for the first play? Big whoop. The Bills have plenty of rookies playing. So what if they aren't starting? 9 rookies on the roster, 5 seeing significant playing time, 1 playing on special teams.

PTR

Well, we did draft a running back in the top 10 which very very rarely happens for only the most elite of backs, and then don't put him on the field.

That is the gist of OPs point, and is the reason why football people across the country are laughing at our new bunch of bumblers.

Some of you poster's are pretty narrow minded with your constant negativity. This thread is another great example of how anything that happens, and I mean anything, and you will find a way to spin it into showing some inadequacies the bills possess. First, your facts are wrong and the bills have rookie starters. Second, if the Pats or some other elite level team had no rookie starters you would be praising them for picking up solid veterans where a rookie would be to green to ever start on such a sophisticated team blah blah blah...It is fine to criticize a team who warrants criticism but to make these constant, lofty reaches with every little thing trying, to just continually kick a horse that is down is an embarrassment to our fan base.

We have worse than average players at almost all positions. You would expect that a number of players would be starting. Spiller isn't starting because he was ineffective and the two guys we already had are pretty darn good...something Nix and Gailey knew when they drafted Spiller. The o-line and qb positions sucked...something Nix and Gailey knew...we needed good receivers, linebackers, defensive end, tight end and any number of positions for starters. The more I read these posts the more convinced I am that rebuilding should start by showing Nix and Gailey the door.

The more I read these posts the more convinced I am that rebuilding should start by showing Nix and Gailey the door.

I think we should start by cleaning out most of the fans that do nothing but spew negativity. Same goes for the local Buffalo radio/TV people who spin everything into a negative.

You want to fire people after *2* games?! Give me a break. :wallbash:

wow, 39 players out of 255 selected. That's about 15%. Sounds like the whole league sucks at drafting... :rolleyes:

I think we should start by cleaning out most of the fans that do nothing but spew negativity. Same goes for the local Buffalo radio/TV people who spin everything into a negative.

agreed. it seems like everyone has just resigned to the fact that the Bills wont do anything over the next couple of years so we might as well jump on the "run them out of town" bandwagon now, so we can rub it in everyone's faces about how right we were.

its getting pretty pathetic.

wow, 39 players out of 255 selected. That's about 15%. Sounds like the whole league sucks at drafting... :rolleyes:

agreed. it seems like everyone has just resigned to the fact that the Bills wont do anything over the next couple of years so we might as well jump on the "run them out of town" bandwagon now, so we can rub it in everyone's faces about how right we were.

its getting pretty pathetic.

Your right we should be thankful and positive because that will be positive karma towards the teams goals. I think the negative postings are more than justified at this point. Doesn't mean you’re a bad fan just because your fed up with this franchises ineptitude, it is frustration boiling over.

Well, I don't know where you got your numbers from, but Spiller started in week 1.... and troup seems to get more snaps than Kyle... so, you are a little off with your "0" number.

Beyond meaningless. What does "starter" mean anyway? On the field for the first play? Big whoop. The Bills have plenty of rookies playing. So what if they aren't starting? 9 rookies on the roster, 5 seeing significant playing time, 1 playing on special teams.

PTR

How do you guys even remotely defend this? Troup getting more snaps than Kyle? What are you nuts. Troup has barely played. I think he got maybe 5 snaps last game. Meanwhile KW draws a double team every time he is on the field - Guess who the D is afraid of? Carrington has been a HEALTHY SCRATCH on a team with a TERRIBLE DL.

Meanwhile, Spiller had 1 carry! ONE! I dont care if he is a kick returner. That position is reserved for UDFAs on playoff caliber teams.

And not only do we have none of our rookies starting at the moment, they are barely playing. Spiller had 5 offensive touches last game. Newsflash, thats nothing. Our HC came out and said he would have a small role going forward too. Troup is rarely on the field as he is behind stroud Edwards and Williams on the DC for 43 DT - which it looks like we are going to permenantly with our current LB situation (yet another position they ignored by drafting Spiller, one of many)

Simply more of the same from the same old Bills.

Edited by Thoner7

Yeah I am a real ahole to be negative. This is just a fluke. They have been doing freat for the last 10 f--ing years. Everybody knew (maybe you did not) that our O line sucked and they did nothing about it. YES, i am pissed about it and want to kick the dead horse. I am paying 70 bucks a month so I can have Direct TV just so I can watch the Bills down here in SC. Maybe if people like you stopped defending them, they would put a little effort into putting a decent product on the field.

Yeah I am a real ahole to be negative. This is just a fluke. They have been doing freat for the last 10 f--ing years. Everybody knew (maybe you did not) that our O line sucked and they did nothing about it. YES, i am pissed about it and want to kick the dead horse. I am paying 70 bucks a month so I can have Direct TV just so I can watch the Bills down here in SC. Maybe if people like you stopped defending them, they would put a little effort into putting a decent product on the field.

You have a right to be displeased, but fact of the matter is that there are hardly any fans who think the Bills are doing ok. Yet, most are rational enough to know that you don't fire a GM and a coach after two games (except maybe AL Davis, who knows what that crazy bastard could do?) Fez is not one to really defend the ****ty product on the field, but you can't expect a rosegarden to bloom overnight from the **** pile that was the Bills that past decade.

I think you need to address your job situation since $70 a month makes you so upset.

Edited by jeremy2020

Maybe if people like you stopped defending them, they would put a little effort into putting a decent product on the field.

Nobody's saying the team looks awesome -- but you don't fire people after *TWO FREAK'N GAMES* unless you're a complete and total moron.

Nobody's saying the team looks awesome -- but you don't fire people after *TWO FREAK'N GAMES* unless you're a complete and total moron.

Alright. I re-read my post and could not find any mention of wanting somebody to get fired. I am upset at them for not doing something at the Offensive Tackle position. I dont care for Trent Edawards but I also believe he never received a fair shake

spiller did and troup does clearly count as a starter

troup plays mostly on run downs and williams mostly on pass downs. thats a platoon and both players are costarters

spiller only isnt the starter cuz there are two other bonafide nfl starters in the rotation so depending on the gameplan or game conditions any of them could end up the starter

so one and a half probably on average, not bad i guess