Bills are being laughed at on the field.

b stein 22

Well, despite the crass language, our boy Clutch here pretty much just put it in PTR's mouth.

You might not agree with his language/tone, but he certainly was correct in his prognostications, while Promo fell on his face, hard.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make me laugh a little more.

Draft Levi Brown in round 7 - cut him - uncheck.

Draft Wang and Calloway in rounds 5 and 7 - cut one and stick the other on the bench behind Cornell Green - uncheck.

Those were our biggest needs and we spent a 5 and two 7's on it. Great job!! Nice impact moves. Wow!!

On top of that, switch to a 3-4 when our personnel cannot support it and create about 4 more big holes that we will fill with unproven rookies - uncheck.

Lets not forget replacing TO with Stevie Johnson - uncheck.

Did you read the entire post? Because you are just repeating what I said at the end. Or maybe you are just agreeing that the strategy was, ah, "questionable". Let me say it plainly, I'm not defending nor am I agreeing with Nix' 2010 draft class and team building strategy. (I'll hope for the best, but so far [and it's far too early] ... not looking like an A+++.)

The point of my post was that one could make the argument that Nix did draft to fill needs after the 1st round. (And like I said, some of those "needs" were self-imposed.)

The other oft used argument to defend this draft class was that there was no talent at QB and OL worth taking, so drafting for the defense was the next best thing. If you want to make a counter-argument to that, you should start with the idea that if Nix knew that going into the draft then why wasn't he more active in free agency or trades to try and bring in competition at those positions? Cornell Green was the only signing, and even Buddy admitted that his signing may have been a mistake and that they may need to make another move at RT after one game.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Did you read the entire post? Because you are just repeating what I said at the end. Or maybe you are just agreeing that the strategy was, ah, "questionable". Let me say it plainly, I'm not defending nor am I agreeing with Nix' 2010 draft class and team building strategy. (I'll hope for the best, but so far [and it's far too early] ... not looking like an A+++.)

The point of my post was that one could make the argument that Nix did draft to fill needs after the 1st round. (And like I said, some of those "needs" were self-imposed.)

The other oft used argument to defend this draft class was that there was no talent at QB and OL worth taking, so drafting for the defense was the next best thing. If you want to make a counter-argument to that, you should start with the idea that if Nix knew that going into the draft then why wasn't he more active in free agency or trades to try and bring in competition at those positions? Cornell Green was the only signing, and even Buddy admitted that his signing may have been a mistake and that they may need to make another move at RT after one game.

bills= uncheck

But, Ramius' point is correct and dead on, as proven by your post You're faulting Whitner for Levy/Mauron's mistake. A player cannot help where a team drafts him. So, don't begrudge him. Whitner cares about the team, busts his ass to play as good as he can, and keeps his nose clean.

Ramius, a good guy, is NOT correct nor dead on. He is wrong and has been a defender of both the pick and Levy. Additionally, he told us how JP was the real deal.

Now, let me be clear.....Making mistakes is what we do here. I thought RJ was going to be great, and thought Pat Williams was finished when we let him go. The thing is, a mindset has crept in here that we must praise everything the Bills do, at it concerns me a bit to be honest. Knock the Spiller pick and watch what happens.

As for Whitner.....keeping his nose clean? He had a domestic incident, and an arrest outside a club. He plays hard but he is hardly a poster boy for good conduct, and his talent is marginal and not at all improving.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Remember when you thought Trent was gonna be good based on preseason? Hahahahahahahaha, that's me laughing AT you. Retard.

:lol::thumbsup:

When do the "Hey, Stop Dogging All of Us!" T-shirts hit the shops?

Anyone gonna buy one of those to go with that other one they were so excited to wear?

:lol:

Smart move is to hold off on selling them until the next off-season. :D

No need for a counter arguement.

I have been saying all along that they did not do enough in free agency. We went into that draft with far too many holes. That forced them to have to draft NT and DE very early in the draft.

I do not question Buddy's ability as a scout. He has proven himself in that capacity.

As a GM does he have the planning skills and the smarts to be the architect of this rebuild? We shall see.

Edited by Bob in STL