Eagles to Start Vick

truth on hold

As someone who supported Vick coming here, it sickens me to hear that Eagles have changed their mind and are starting him over a healthy Kolb.

To get a pro bowler for a mere $1 million or two still in his prime was an absolute steal.

Our QB problems would have been solved by now ... and we'd have the luxury of totally focusing on other areas of need.

Mostly incentives, which means only if hes playing and performing does he get paid.

Vick will make $5.25M this year. He got a $1.5M roster bonus already, and has a $3.75M salary. If they want to re-sign him after the season, it will cost them a pretty penny.

Perhaps his morals slipped a bit but a piece of human garbage? There's far worst people in this world, he's made a big turn around for himself and is proving he can stay out of trouble. Vick isn't the best human being in the world, he's not trash though. Until he messes up again and shows otherwise I'll foot for him. People deserve a second chance in my mind.

I can't agree with Reid's choice but he's the big guy, he's going to make the call in which he feels is best for his team. Vick looked great and brings a lot of things to the table that Kolb can't, they obviously see something in Kolb and he deserves a legit chance to show if he can prove himself.

I think he deserves another chance to prove himself but when you're trying to win games now, I guess that's not a business risk you can take, trying to be fair.

Edited by Bom Trady

Mike,

I'm an animal lover. Had several pets of all kinds growing up ... dogs, cats, rabbits, ducks, turtles, fish, etc. Have had one most of my adult life too. I thought it was absolutely horrible what he did, and I felt awful for the innocent dogs. Ive seen the victim of a forced pit bull fighting, and it's very sad.

But all I can say is the apology speech he made was the most heart felt and honest I've ever seen from an athlete. It was totally ad libbed, not being written by speech writer or lawyer. Im sure it was against the advice of his attorney. I think he was truly sorry for his actions. After that he paid his well earned dues behind bars. Based on that, I was willing to forgive the guy.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Mostly incentives, which means only if hes playing and performing does he get paid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

"The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with the second-year option worth $5.2 million, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two years of the contract, sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli."

That's not the Michael Vick that went to jail... Somebody totally reworked him and succeeded...

Whatever became of the Shooting at his Birthday Party, last June?

He said he left before it happened but the security cameras contradict that. Of course the LAWYA says Michael was miles away. (swear up & down)

It seems that even being near a crime scene would violate the terms of his return to the NFL. Even if the NFL is buying the story, Vick's still hanging around with same people as before.

Should he even be playing?

The more film a team has on Vick, the less effective Vick becomes. The Eagles will learn the lesson the Falcons did.

I wasn't a big fan of Vick to Buffalo. Not due to his personal transgressions, but that once you figure him out, he's very one-dimensional. The Lions had about a half a game of Vick to study. Vick hadn't played any meanigful, consistent down after down football in over two years.

Now teams have an entire game of Vick to watch. Things will be different.

Just like Seattle. Everyone was saying how awesome Seattle was after Week 1. That's because there was no film on Carroll or any of his assistants, and preseason is all vanilla packages and coverages.

Denver had a week to study his game, and made the adjustments.

This time next week, Philly fans will be waiting in line for the Kolbwagon or in full panic.

Edited by dpberr

Guest dog14787

As someone who supported Vick coming here, it sickens me to hear that Eagles have changed their mind and are starting him over a healthy Kolb.

To get a pro bowler for a mere $1 million or two still in his prime was an absolute steal.

Our QB problems would have been solved by now ... and we'd have the luxury of totally focusing on other areas of need.

It does bother me to Joe,

what kind of team would we have had if we kept TO(can't believe I'm saying that) and brought Mike Vick in, OMG, can you imagine what we could be watching right now with the Bills.

Not to mention the friggin media frenzy

It does bother me to Joe,

what kind of team would we have had if we kept TO(can't believe I'm saying that) and brought Mike Vick in, OMG, can you imagine what we could be watching right now with the Bills.

Not to mention the friggin media frenzy

Dog,

I think Vick is a complete scum bag for what he did! That being said he paid his debt and it is time to move on..... And Yes it would be a high powered offense with a lot of scoring... Imagine If we had a pas rushing LB too, but I digress we are who we thought we were...

The guy is a piece of human garbage. I don't care how good of a QB he might be.

I'd rather the Bills lose every game then start signing the bottom of the human barrel.

ditto on that...it'd be like selling your soul to the devil....and it's not like he's ever been more than an average QB...get some more game film on him and he'll crash back to Earth

Perhaps his morals slipped a bit but a piece of human garbage? There's far worst people in this world, he's made a big turn around for himself and is proving he can stay out of trouble. Vick isn't the best human being in the world, he's not trash though. Until he messes up again and shows otherwise I'll foot for him. People deserve a second chance in my mind.

I can't agree with Reid's choice but he's the big guy, he's going to make the call in which he feels is best for his team. Vick looked great and brings a lot of things to the table that Kolb can't, they obviously see something in Kolb and he deserves a legit chance to show if he can prove himself.

I think he deserves another chance to prove himself but when you're trying to win games now, I guess that's not a business risk you can take, trying to be fair.

He's a sex offender and also spent 6 years torturing and killing dogs, some of which were taken off the streets...their families never knew what happened to them. His favorite phrase seems to be "It's unfortunate this happened to me." That's something said by someone who believes himself to be a victim, not someone who's remorseful in the least and that's the biggest issue as far as I'm concerned...his lack of genuine remorse.

Whatever became of the Shooting at his Birthday Party, last June?

He said he left before it happened but the security cameras contradict that. Of course the LAWYA says Michael was miles away. (swear up & down)

It seems that even being near a crime scene would violate the terms of his return to the NFL. Even if the NFL is buying the story, Vick's still hanging around with same people as before.

Should he even be playing?

No, he shouldn't be but Goodell is coddling him since he came back to the league, the same commissioner who was supposed to be tough on the troublemakers. Guess Goodell just wants to pretend that allowing this convicted felon back in the league wasn't as stupid an idea that many of us knew it would be.

Vick is not a good human being based on his body of work, but he can do some good things on a football field if he's utilized correctly. We've all worked with plenty of jerks. The Eagles have obviously decided that Vick's history doesn't disrupt the team enough not to take that gamble, and he's obviously reconciled with them enough to win their confidence on the field.

Guest dog14787

Dog,

I think Vick is a complete scum bag for what he did! That being said he paid his debt and it is time to move on..... And Yes it would be a high powered offense with a lot of scoring... Imagine If we had a pas rushing LB too, but I digress we are who we thought we were...

and you know GR8 My biggest beef with TO was dissing Trent Edwards, to me that was something you just don't do to your starter,but turns out TO was correct,

Gailey/Nix probably came in here thinking the same thing, TO is going to cause problems,

When in truth TO probably just wanted a QB that would throw him the damn ball, I mean that is all TO ever wants, and can you blame him.

Edited by dog14787