Little doubt our O-Line is the NFL's worst now

billsfreak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Offensive Line was even more pathetic this week than last week, and to be honest I wasn't sure that was possible. We will have the Edwards Haters Club full of idiots (like Benjamin Button) who will try to blame it all on the QB but that will just be a display of their ignorance. He had no time at all today, then on the few plays when he was given time, the recievers would drop the ball. The first three pass plays were two sacks and a ball that hit Fred Jackson in the hands and he didn't catch it (same as the first pass last week-is there a pattern here?). Even the announcers stated that is doesn't matter who the quarterback is, if they don't block or catch the ball the QB won't be successful. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB. He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender. This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

Your wasting your time, most posters here ride the short bus or are to busy :beer: to understand that games are won in the trenches. They all focus on blaming the QB and will rail on anyone who thinks differently.

Its all the QB's fault... irregardless that the new HC was supposed to improve the offense and drafted a small speedy RB who will "make the O line play better".

Never mind that this O line can't block 3 rushers with 5 or that the Bills have the worst tackles in the NFL. Never mind that the Bills have ONE decent receiver who is doubled and tripled covered and taken out of the game

Just understand that the Bills suck and its all Trent Edwards fault!

Edited by Harvey lives

Understood. I know they are limiting Bell to 1/3 - 1/2 of the game due to his injury from last year. I think he can be okay, but that's his ceiling. Get someone else in the offseason.

Yeah, but Maybin is better. Just ask the front office.

I'm actually inclined to wait till the end of the season, to see if Bell gets better,before determining whether we need a first rd OT. But if he's only capable of league average,by all means draft a stud OT.

You just plain don't know shiit about football do you?

And you're expertise comes from...?

Trent Edwards: twice to sacks on plays where he had a good two beats in the pocket with 5 man blitz (somebody's open).

ON FOURTH AND ELEVEN, he drops back, bounces, has enough time to STOP MOVING ALL TOGETHER, and then runs out of bounds BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Yeah, sweet call. Edwards is a gamer. Lets his receivers makes plays, challenges defenses, isn't afraid to make the hard throws when they've got more more than 10 yards to go. He's a real competitor Trent Edwards.

:wallbash:

You just plain don't know shiit about football do you?

You're the one touting the merits of Randy Cross as an analyst and you're telling ME I don't know football? Good luck with that.

I love how when Randy showed us in the replay what Trent was seeing down field, he only highlighted the two receivers that were covered, but he said nothing of Parish who was not only open in the middle of the field, but then again down the sideline as Trent was scrambling.

Don't tell me what I know.

I never said it was and either/or situation, it just isn't and "all Edwards fault and with anyone else in the NFL at QB we would be a good team" like alot of Edwards haters seem to imply. If all these people know more that the announcers on the game today, why are they sitting at home watchng a game and not in the booth at Lambeau Field calling the game along side Randy Cross? Cause they are full of it, that is why? They have horse blinders on and little knowledge of the game of football, thinking that if a QB is good they will be good on any team with any O-Line, and if they aren't it is all their fault.

Dude, if you're going to make an appeal to authority, you really shouldn't make it Randy Cross. He's the worst, and rarely has any clue what he's talking about. Unless the subject is Tom Brady's favorite methods of being fellated, then yeah, sure, you've got a point. But on football? No, you're just embarassing yourself holding Randy Cross up as some object of expertise.

Matthews embarassed Bell, and Green, and Wood and Meredith ... this is a very bad line.

I didnt watch it back yet, but Meredith is the one who gave up a sack to mathews, not Bell.

And on another Mathews sack Corey McIntre was blocking him one on one.

Its not always as simple as blaming the OL, our blitz pick up by RB's/FB's/TE's is down right ugly and thats coaching.

I never said it was and either/or situation, it just isn't and "all Edwards fault and with anyone else in the NFL at QB we would be a good team" like alot of Edwards haters seem to imply. If all these people know more that the announcers on the game today, why are they sitting at home watchng a game and not in the booth at Lambeau Field calling the game along side Randy Cross? Cause they are full of it, that is why? They have horse blinders on and little knowledge of the game of football, thinking that if a QB is good they will be good on any team with any O-Line, and if they aren't it is all their fault.

Get over yourself. You don't have to be a GM or a coach or an announcer to figure this out. The Bills Oline has been bad for the last 10 years. And yet during that time, QBs other than Edwards HAVE been able to get the ball downfield to Evans, or Owens, or Parrish.

Losman, a QB who is now out of the league, threw for 300 yards behind a horrible offensive line. Fitzgerald, a QB who should be joing Losman soon, got the ball downfield to the Owens better than Edwards, and he played behind a similarly horrible offensive line.

Those guys are NOT good QBs, and yet the COULD make plays downfield playing behind a bad offensive line. It didn't result in many wins, but they were able to catch lightning here and there, unlike Edwards.

And finally, when you look at good QBs, like Roethlisberger and Rodgers, who were sacked more than 50 times in a season, you see what a GOOD QB could do behind a bad offensive line.

It's idiotic to believe that Edwards needs the entire offensive line to be staffed with good to great players before he can become effective.

As the QB, he should bring something to the game. He should be able to raise the level of play around him. Hell, Shaun Hill threw for over 300 yards today against the Eagles for the powerhouse Lions. That's something Edwards has never done, not in college, and not in the NFL.

Edwards deserves to be thrown on the trash heap of Bills QBs from the last 10 years. He brings absolutely nothing to the game.

Edwards = no awareness, no ego drive to be the best, dull witted, vacant stares, no feel for the game, no senese of urgency, no ability to deceive the opponent, no confidence, losing faith of his teammates, non-clutch, no love of the game, probably hopeless.

I didnt watch it back yet, but Meredith is the one who gave up a sack to mathews, not Bell.

And on another Mathews sack Corey McIntre was blocking him one on one.

Its not always as simple as blaming the OL, our blitz pick up by RB's/FB's/TE's is down right ugly and thats coaching.

You and me are on the same page.

Granted Edwards isn't getting much help from the O-Line, he is not worthy of a starting position on any NFL or UFL team. Like most of the QB's of the last 10 years we need to cut our ties with him. People forget it is possible to get something done with a horrible O-Line at the QB position, but none of those QB type of QB's are availible. We need to move on and give someone else a change, **** throw Brian or Levi in at this point. Trent does not look down field, no matter how you slice it. He could have 5 minutes in the pocket and still not get the job done. As I watched Jimmie Clausen come on to the field, I was reminded that we could have had a gun-slinger with our 2nd pick. Granted, not the O-line to back him up, we would have had some hope for in the future. And pick them up through free agency and draft picks. I have no hope now, bring out Fitz to finish the season out and maybe get 4 wins, that should give us nothing to look forward too.

You're the one touting the merits of Randy Cross as an analyst and you're telling ME I don't know football? Good luck with that.

I love how when Randy showed us in the replay what Trent was seeing down field, he only highlighted the two receivers that were covered, but he said nothing of Parish who was not only open in the middle of the field, but then again down the sideline as Trent was scrambling.

Don't tell me what I know.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that. Yes, I understand our o-line is awful, but I really don't understand how anyone can defend Trent anymore. He is a p*ssy that's afraid to throw downfield and has no pocket awareness. I was skeptical but wanted to give Trent the benefit of the doubt this year based on Gaily's history with mediocre QB's. By week 2, I've seen enough to know its the same old Trent who will at best be a backup on another team next year. It's going to be hard to watch this team this year until he gets hurt and it's Fitzy's turn. He blows just as much but at least has some stones.

The whole Line is horrid, like another poster said OL @ DL! Then you add Edwards and you get the absolute worst team in the history of football. Green Bay OL is bad and we couldn't even touch Rogers the guy was in a Green bay practice mode, you know when you not suppose to hit the QB lol this is nothing short of a complete monstrosity! If you want to keep any marbles follow me and don't dare attempt to watch the game next week. Even tho the Jets embarrass the Pats today without Revis. The Jets 3rd unit is better then our 1st..

The Offensive Line was even more pathetic this week than last week, and to be honest I wasn't sure that was possible. We will have the Edwards Haters Club full of idiots (like Benjamin Button) who will try to blame it all on the QB but that will just be a display of their ignorance. He had no time at all today, then on the few plays when he was given time, the recievers would drop the ball. The first three pass plays were two sacks and a ball that hit Fred Jackson in the hands and he didn't catch it (same as the first pass last week-is there a pattern here?). Even the announcers stated that is doesn't matter who the quarterback is, if they don't block or catch the ball the QB won't be successful. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB. He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender. This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

4th down and 11, Bills down by 27 points, nothing to lose, no worry about an Interception, and the moron runs the ball out of bounds, he was too scared to throw the ball down field even in that situation.

I have been watching Matt Schaub play against the Redskins, he has been sacked five times and been under duress every time he goes to throw the ball all day long. His two wide receivers have caught 22 passes between them, Schaub has 400 yards down field. A real Quarterback throws the ball down field, only 1 pass thrown to your number one receiver. I am sorry sir, you are wrong, this is not about the O-Line, Trent Edwards is the worst Quarterback in the NFL period!

FALSE.

Edwards was beyond terrible today. Had time, even when GB blitzed and still couldn't find an open guy. He does NOTHING to make opposing defenses respect him NOTHING. He makes the Oline's job 1000x harder, and he makes them look like hell.

He threw to Lee Evans once. ONCE.

when fitzpatrick gets in the game it will be amazing how receivers are suddenly open just like last year

You don't have to be a reflexive Edwards hater to admit that that play was terminally putrid.

Trent is the worst in the NFL. He will never start for another team besides the Bills. Once he is off the team, you will never hear from him again.