OTS: Packers & Bills Talking Deal For Marshawn Lynch

bills_red

http://joeslockerroom.com/On_The_Sidelines.html

Click link for full story

RUMOR:

n.

A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.

Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

On Wednesday afternoon I received word that the Packers and Bills were in trade discussions that included Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Donald and/or Pat Lee and a swap of draft picks. Also, A.J. Hawk has asked for a trade and has but his house up for sale.

First the Lynch rumor. I have learned the Packers and Bills have been in discussions that had the Packers sending Donald and/or Pat Lee along with a 4th round pick (that could move up to a second rounder based on performance) to Buffalo for Lynch and a 7th round pick (that could move to a 6th based on performance). The sticking point at 5:30 pm (pst) was Lynch wanting a new deal (or years added on) to his contract while the Packers (GM Ted Thompson) wanted to wait to address his contract situation until after the season.

If a deal were to be completed I was told the Packers would cut new practice squad running back James Johnson based on his attitude and the Packers plan on cutting (and resigning to the practice squad) Dimitri Nance after a couple weeks and then sign him to a futures contract. I was also told that they may keep Nance and when rookie James Starks is eligible to come off the P.U.P. list, place him on I.R. to shelf him for the year and ensure they keep him on the roster.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they could complete a deal during the game, and just leave Lynch there. I think I remember reading about something similar happening in baseball, where a trade was done mid-game between the two teams playing.

about the third quater ted thompson comes over to buddy's box. Buddy at this time 6 glasses deep into his Bourbon, due to another steller proformance by the qb and o line. let the negotations begin

Edited by bkc

The Packers aren't trading their first-round rookie for a third-string running back.

A #12-overall pick that rushed for over 1100 yards his rookie season and over 1000 in 2008 (plus made the Pro Bowl) for an unproven rookie who was a #23-overall pick?

Come on...what if we threw in Cornell Green? :D

Edited by The Senator

wondering if we could offer a third and lynch for buluga ? . Knowing that buluga is a right tackle not a left but still a huge need for us.

not sure packers would do it but I think I would

Actually, Bulaga is the future starting Left Tackle for us in GB and that is what the drafted him for. To replace Chad Clifton when he retires. So no way GB trades him unless TT gets a brain tumor.

wondering if we could offer a third and lynch for buluga ? . Knowing that buluga is a right tackle not a left but still a huge need for us.

not sure packers would do it but I think I would

Lynch played great today but the backfield is too crowded so I hope he is traded. Buluga would be a great addition and would take that in a heart beat, Driver would be good too but it would be dumb on Greenbays part.